Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, if you saw my other thread, I am down a tire.
So I am looking for some advice on two questions.
#1. I have 3k on the clock, should i just get another to match the others? ( I this is what i am leaning towards)

#2 If i change brand to something better, with a stronger sidewall, what is the recommendation??? My requirements are good off road and on road performance, (I daily drive this) and longevity. Not to worried about road noise.

I am happy with the performance from stock but not sure on longevity nor not too happy about the side wall!!! Not saying that wouldnt happen to any tire in the right circumstances. The stock do well on road, especially at speed and seam fine on the wet. They have done me well off road as well. Again just looking for some opinions.

I am looking at the nitto ridge grappler, but have no real world experience with it.

So let me know your preference and why!

Thanks for the help
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the mileage that low, I'd get one to match and call it done. It is the cheaper approach.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nitto Trail Grappler for a more aggressive AT but still good on road. I am not sure about how long they'll last though.. Im told as long as the KO2s. Ive never worn a set down myself. This is the tire I'll go with for the second set after factory wears out. Not a lot of tire noise either.

BFG KO2 is a great AT, a little less aggressive and wears slowly. Superior in snow from my first hand experience. Clears snow/mud well and keeps traction. This is the tire I have all my friends/family running.

Original Goodyear Wrangler MT/R if you want a beefier tire and are looking for a true MT. Are these for sale anymore? Terrible road noise, but kevlar lined and durable as hell. Noisy. Early gen Wrangler Rubicons came with these as well.

I use load rating E for the durability but the guys with more tire knowledge can chime in there.

Those are the 3 I have experience with between rock crawling Wranglers/military service and that I would use on my own vehicles, and in that order.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitto ridge are very popular. I have a set of trail grapplers on a 2500hd 35s. Run 80mpg all the time a lot quieter than true mud tires, no picking up rocks and they look badness. The Bronco R runs them.

Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires 20181211_164731

FB_IMG_1628553986824.jpg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3k is no problem, that's about the amount one doesn't wear for a 5 tire rotation. Just get a new matching one for now. Tire prices are nuts at the moment, wait till they settle down before splurging on a full new set.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had 2 sets of ridge grapplers, good on noise, wear and in the mud.

I would buy a match to your current tires.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

at 3000 miles, if you are planning on replacing the set with another brand when the current set wears out, get the cheapest replacement in the same size and just hold out until you are ready to replace the set. don't get a expensive replacement, because it will start to dry rot as soon as it sees sunlight. if you are looking for a reason to replace the set, now you have it...

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go BFG... or I'd consider Cepek or Thomoson's.
Fuck that Nitto crap. I have a set of Ridge Grapplers on the wife's Jeep and they slip all over the place on wet pavement. I know a lot of people love them, but I'd avoid at all costs!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG if you're going to switch. Guys run those in the slippery rocks at Hot Springs with little air and bead locks and I've yet to see one puncture a sidewall in all my years there. When my Super Swampers wear out that's what I'll go with.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not concerned about road noise?

These are the only actual good offroad tires. Everything else is as slick as a semi-truck tire by comparison.

With the Broncos abilities you will likely never get stuck. And if you ever do it will be soooo glorious. Bonus it sounds like a bi-plane when you are driving. If you rotate and flip em religiously you will easily get 3/4 the tread life out of em compared to any M/T.

Its worth it, try it and if you just cant live with it they hold their value.
Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires SXR-207_tread_group_2000x2000
Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires Interco-B-102-Super-Swamper-TSL-Bogger---19.544-16.5LT_250x220

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like to throw in the cooper S/T Maxx. Great in the rain and great puncture resistance.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd like to throw in the cooper S/T Maxx. Great in the rain and great puncture resistance.
Looked good but they dont make em in the size

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, which BFG?
Was looking at the KM3
What about general grabber x3
I have used general 10 ply on my work trucks always liked them

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I loved my KO2’s on my old Raptor. Daily drove that sucker in Alaska with no complaints.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not concerned about road noise?

These are the only actual good offroad tires. Everything else is as slick as a semi-truck tire by comparison.

With the Broncos abilities you will likely never get stuck. And if you ever do it will be soooo glorious. Bonus it sounds like a bi-plane when you are driving. If you rotate and flip em religiously you will easily get 3/4 the tread life out of em compared to any M/T.

Its worth it, try it and if you just cant live with it they hold their value.
Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires Interco-B-102-Super-Swamper-TSL-Bogger---19.544-16.5LT_250x220
I cant stand the noise so I have two sets of wheels, a swamper set for the rocks and a AT set for the rest of my driving. Swampers are great for loose and slippery rock. Not necessary for granite in TX and UT. That climb in the pics is so steep you can't walk up or down it, have to slide down on your butt only lol.

Screenshot_2016-09-25-00-19-40.png

Screenshot_2016-09-25-00-20-04.png

Screenshot_2016-09-25-00-25-01.png
Sponsored