First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gang: Just got my Bronco a couple weeks ago and am excited to get some lights on. I bought the Slimlites and it comes with a wiring harness. The harness has a switch built in and I’m not sure how to install this with the Bronco Aux/light switches. Anyone have an easy answer. Thanks so much

B40B3992-AAC8-4484-AE74-BB1B93F541CB.jpeg

9FAFD2E7-7982-4504-BBEC-E43ABD404C5B.jpeg
Sponsored

Madman

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 1948 Willys CJ2A, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have aux switches on your bronco? If so you don't need their wiring harness....find the current rating of the lights and use the correct current rating of the aux switches (my guess would be 4-6) and use the resources here to find the associated power from the aux switch to run to power the lights (you'll have to route a wire from the passengers side though to the feed) and run the Ground from the lights to any grounding point.

OP
OP
MikeStLouis

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MAD: Yes, I do have the aux switch bank. KC comes with the harness that plugs neatly into the fixture. But then it is an octopus of wires that includes a fuse and a switch that I obviously don’t need. So I am hoping someone can tell me if I can just CUT the harness (where I have no idea) and wire it directly into AUX2. Thanks for replying! I appreciate it a lot

blackh8552

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obx Sasquatch 2.7 and explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
tie the red and yellow together. You are sending +12v from supply to the load. Basically you are removing the switch

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gang: Just got my Bronco a couple weeks ago and am excited to get some lights on. I bought the Slimlites and it comes with a wiring harness. The harness has a switch built in and I’m not sure how to install this with the Bronco Aux/light switches. Anyone have an easy answer. Thanks so much

What bracket did you use to mount the lights? I can't find anything specific to KC and Bronco, and the ones I've seen for Bronco can't tell if the large bolt on the slimlites will fit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MikeStLouis

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What bracket did you use to mount the lights? I can't find anything specific to KC and Bronco, and the ones I've seen for Bronco can't tell if the large bolt on the slimlites will fit.
Are you talking about the Pillar Lights - or the windshield lights. I used the same brackets everyone has been chatting about on here.

Bay Area Metal for the windshield.

I can look up the pillar mount - if you need it.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you talking about the Pillar Lights - or the windshield lights. I used the same brackets everyone has been chatting about on here.

Bay Area Metal for the windshield.

I can look up the pillar mount - if you need it.
The pillar light mount is what I am looking for.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just cut the harness ahead of the switch and ground negative wire then connect positive to the switch wire you want on top of harness. I’ve done it with with my slimlites and ditch light harness from kc. no issues.

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just cut the harness ahead of the switch and ground negative wire then connect positive to the switch wire you want on top of harness. I’ve done it with with my slimlites and ditch light harness from kc. no issues.
It looks like there are three wires. Which one is positive, negative, and the other is what? Hey

Sponsored

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a mulit function wire, not used if using oem switches for on off

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you get it to work? Also I was wondering if you kept the inline fuse on the positive wire.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strip back the harness at the closest point to your upfitter wires. Toss the yellow out( upfitters are already fused). Hook the red to the upfitter switch ground the earth to a convenient location or the battery. And you done enjoy your lights.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eddited to add: Sorry '21OBX, I think I started my long winded post the same time you did, lol...

I know this is late but for future members this is all one would need to do in this application. You would just connect red wire to auxiliary switch and black wire to ground. The yellow wire in the supplied harness only goes from battery to supplied switch.

If you were going to use the supplied harness, the power would travel like this:

Battery + > Yellow Wire > Fuse > Yellow Wire > Switch Supply > Switch Load > Red Wire > Light 1 and Light 2 > Ground

So when using the Aux Switches, they are already fused and have our switched load under the hood. You then eliminate all before the red wire, connect red wire to Aux Switch wire of your choice and connect the ground to battery negative or a chassis ground connection.

Hopefully that helps in the future for other members.
Sponsored