First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Yankees *are* just a team. The White House *is* just a building. Ford *is not* more than just a car company.

In situations like this I have a saying, I like to remind myself: "Never love something that can't love you back." Not that I'm perfect at following that advice. :)
Hey wait a minute! Who says a vehicle can't love you back? I'm pretty sure one of those letters in LGBTQIAFJB+ is for cars? That exhaust pipe is there for a reason.
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid ford. They paid whoever to ship. Fords job and responsibility is to build and get the vehicle to me. They can pontious pilot themselves out of responsibility to their customers based on who they contracted with to ship
You never paid FORD, they don't accept payment. You paid a dealer.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's no big deal. If you really do want a Bronco there are lots of dealers who will sell you one at MSRP. I ordered a BD on 3/7/22 and have had it for 2 weeks now. Total cost with tax, title, and fees was under $46,000. It's a 2.3, auto, soft top, MID package, & keypad. Do your homework and you could be driving one before Christmas.

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered and waited after paying the insane markup. Now I'm told my Bronco was totaled in transport and my order is cancelled. My expectation was that I would just be waiting for Ford to immediately rebuild it but that's nit the case. Im told I can get back at the end of the line and place an order begining in August for the 2023 model. For me this was more than a car. Myb11 year old daughter and I picked it out along with all the options. We have already ordered custom.decals and badges. This was a bonding experience for us that was going to continue to bond us for years to come, even through her impending difficult teen years. Ford for me was more than a car company. The Bronco was more than a car. We are fans. It would be like calling the Yankees just a baseball team or the White House just a building. When things like this happen to the little guy...to your fans...you should MAKE IR RIGHT FORD! You shouldn't do nothing. You should bend over backwards to make it right. The whole experience is sad. It's sad to see what Ford has become as a company. I wish I felt like Ford cared about their fans. You can't even contact the heads of the corporation. Not through email and not by phone. The people running the company have no ability to even know there's so many fans like me out there that they need to make it right for.
Being from Detroit and an automotive family with pride in all things Big Three I can't believe how far they have fallen. Prior to the pandemic it felt like they cared about getting and maintaining your business. It's gone now. Is anyone watching this site and do they care. The only way to make a change is contact the media.....if the right person sees it, change will happen. The Big Three was famous for building memories now all they build is heartache.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see what Ford has to do with this. The shipping company damaged it. Once it has left the factory, It's not Fords issue.
Do you return your damaged Amazon packages to UPS? Ford owns that vehicle until the dealer receives it, that’s how it’s always worked. The shipper has absolutely nothing to do with this, their insurance reimburses Ford and nobody cares. Usually a manufacturer will expedite another order for a customer in a case like this.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ordered and waited after paying the insane markup. Now I'm told my Bronco was totaled in transport and my order is cancelled. My expectation was that I would just be waiting for Ford to immediately rebuild it but that's nit the case. Im told I can get back at the end of the line and place an order begining in August for the 2023 model. For me this was more than a car. Myb11 year old daughter and I picked it out along with all the options. We have already ordered custom.decals and badges. This was a bonding experience for us that was going to continue to bond us for years to come, even through her impending difficult teen years. Ford for me was more than a car company. The Bronco was more than a car. We are fans. It would be like calling the Yankees just a baseball team or the White House just a building. When things like this happen to the little guy...to your fans...you should MAKE IR RIGHT FORD! You shouldn't do nothing. You should bend over backwards to make it right. The whole experience is sad. It's sad to see what Ford has become as a company. I wish I felt like Ford cared about their fans. You can't even contact the heads of the corporation. Not through email and not by phone. The people running the company have no ability to even know there's so many fans like me out there that they need to make it right for.
That sucks, I’m sorry. Ignore the people telling you it’s the shippers fault or responsibility. Shipper has absolutely nothing to do with this, this happens all the time and their insurance reimburses Ford. But, what doesn’t add up here is the lack of communication about a replacement. Members here and people I know have had this happen and usually the dealer/district manager reach out to Ford and they get another order scheduled ASAP for you. You need to be talking to your dealer and demanding they do this, it’s a normal response for a dealer. Reach out to Mike Levine on Twitter or Jim Farley. Usually, Mike Levine will respond and try and help correlate a resolution. But there’s no way, “tough luck” is the response. Not even from a moral POV either, it’s just what they normally do.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm really trying to figure out why anybody would pay a dealership when the vehicle isn't even on the lot yet. A deposit is one thing but to pay the full price plus an "insane markup" doesn't make any sense.

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sucks. Sorry OP!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm the first to say sorry if I'm wrong, so "sorry" if I'm wrong?

I'm still am not seeing the whole picture. From your post I see:

You reserved/ordered a base bronco.
You than paid Ford in full before it was received at the dealership. Plus a "insane markup". why?
Ford then built and shipped, but it was damaged in shipping.

Here's where past posters have gotten a replacement scheduled, but had to wait for the build.

But Ford said no to this, and that you had to get back in line AND at the end of the line too?
And so the dealer is now giving you a full refund... Including the "insane markup".

Is this all correct? If I got something wrong, I'm sorry.

ps. the whole new to joining thing was questioned solely because we've seen trolls come on here with new accounts and make up stuff just to stir the pot. Or just to be asinine... or asses. What's their motivation? I don't know why there are trolls on the interweb but we've had a few that turned out to be posting just to argue with themselves... and everybody else.

SOMETIMES we only get the parts of the story that supports their anger and NOT the whole story.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it’s awful luck that a bad thing happened but geez, that’s a dramatic over reaction. It’s 1000% just a car. Take a few deep breaths.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is funny,. After the many times Ford has done this to people, people still question the story of it happening to another person.

Cause no one ever paid a markup right???
Cause everyone got their Bronco right????
Ford has done “this” many times to people? I’ve seen stories here of replacements being expedited by ford for shipping related damage. I’ve not read or otherwise heard of shipping damage being ignored. I’ve also never heard of a dealer taking payment for a vehicle before it was delivered. Now we also have an overly sensitive OP making a big deal about picking it out with his 11 year old. He also says it’s a base model. Not many 11 year olds are going to to pick a base model. OP has created a very strange situation, reacted like a child to it and used his kid in an attempt to get more sympathy. Also “Cause” As you’re using it isn’t a word. The whining on here is incredible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.