First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next time you order something from Amazon that gets damaged in shipping, be sure to not ask Amazon to refund or replace your damaged item. Talk to the shipper. Good luck!
That's completely different. I guarantee this type of incident happens a lot. No car manufacturer has ever jumped up to replace a vehicle that someone else had in their possession. Like I said earlier,.. where would this line of thinking end?? Five years later someone hits yours and totals it. Should Ford jump thru their ass to get you another one? Nope. Hopefully the guy has insurance. Just like this transporter........their insurance takes it from their. Jeez...
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see what Ford has to do with this. The shipping company damaged it. Once it has left the factory, It's not Fords issue.
You are kidding right? He didnt buy the Bronco on Amazon and had it next day shipped.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's completely different. I guarantee this type of incident happens a lot. No car manufacturer has ever jumped up to replace a vehicle that someone else had in their possession. Like I said earlier,.. where would this line of thinking end?? Five years later someone hits yours and totals it. Should Ford jump thru their ass to get you another one? Nope. Hopefully the guy has insurance. Just like this transporter........their insurance takes it from their. Jeez...
Straw man. No one expects a car maker to cover your car 5 years later. But it is in fords ownership until the dealer takes possession. Ford owes that dealer and customer a vehicle. It never got there. Yes- it’s the shippers fault but it’s still owned by ford and they haven’t delivered a product.

I ran a plant for 15 years and I can tell you that not one customer gives a shit that the product was damaged by a shipper. They only cared that the product didn’t arrive or didn’t arrive as advertised. And guess what? It wasn’t an option as a business to say “it was the shippers fault, talk to them”. At least not if you want to stay in business and keep customers. Ford is not to blame for the shippers damage but they should make every effort to replace the product in a quick/efficient manner.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m guessing people with this mindset don’t run a business or don’t handle customers. If you do, please tell us who your business is so we can add you to the no buy list!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straw man. No one expects a car maker to cover your car 5 years later. But it is in fords ownership until the dealer takes possession. Ford owes that dealer and customer a vehicle. It never got there. Yes- it’s the shippers fault but it’s still owned by ford and they haven’t delivered a product.

I ran a plant for 15 years and I can tell you that not one customer gives a shit that the product was damaged by a shipper. They only cared that the product didn’t arrive or didn’t arrive as advertised. And guess what? It wasn’t an option as a business to say “it was the shippers fault, talk to them”. At least not if you want to stay in business and keep customers. Ford is not to blame for the shippers damage but they should make every effort to replace the product in a quick/efficient manner.
So the shipper owes Ford (the owner)a Bronco not the customer as he has not purchased it. The shipping company is insured and bonded just for this reason. Otherwise why have insurance???
enjoy your evening bro.

Adventure on!!

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the shipper owes Ford (the owner)a Bronco not the customer as he has not purchased it. The shipping company is insured and bonded just for this reason. Otherwise why have insurance???
enjoy your evening bro.

Adventure on!!
Yes the shippers insurance owes ford money for the loss. Ford still owes the dealer and customer a bronco. Not that hard to understand. This especially applies if ford wants to do any kind of ordering direct process.
Have a good evening as well.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are examples right here on this site (and even one in this thread) of Ford expediting an order after a Bronco was totaled in transit to the dealership. There's no denying that they've done it before.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco is just a vehicle White House is just building and yankees are just a baseball team and life sucks .I was and thought for sure when I put in a reservation I would get a bronco before my wife would die and take her for a ride but she past in march before I got a Bronco so you need to stop crying because at less you and your daughter still can enjoy each other and get a other bronco to enjoy together and be thankful for that .

OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is just a vehicle White House is just building and yankees are just a baseball team and life sucks .I was and thought for sure when I put in a reservation I would get a bronco before my wife would die and take her for a ride but she past in march before I got a Bronco so you need to stop crying because at less you and your daughter still can enjoy each other and get a other bronco to enjoy together and be thankful for that .
Sorry for your loss

OP
OP

Campoadam

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did I miss the part where this is Fords responsibility? I believe the transporter is at fault, not Ford.
This logic would mean the if anything ever happened to it after it left the factory,...Ford should jump through hoops to replace it. Continue on with being a Ford fan, they did their part. The shipping company is at fault but they cannot reproduce a Bronco. Sorry brother. Its a bad place to be. I kinda feel like anything that goes a little off is suddenly Fords fault. COVID muts be fords fault because it started right as the Bronco was being produced.. Hell,, Bronco's for everyone!! It's Fords fault!! C'mon people......
I paid ford. They paid whoever to ship. Fords job and responsibility is to build and get the vehicle to me. They can pontious pilot themselves out of responsibility to their customers based on who they contracted with to ship

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I paid ford. They paid whoever to ship. Fords job and responsibility is to build and get the vehicle to me. They can pontious pilot themselves out of responsibility to their customers based on who they contracted with to ship
I think you paid the dealership , dealerships buys it from ford . just because you order it does not mean its yours tell you sigh papers .

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hitting stride for how long? I heard that FMC is planning on very soon laying off 8K workers that are part of the combustion engine portion of the company. /shrug.

I was going to order a second bronco when the MY23 banks open. i'm wondering if they can keep up with demand for the next few years with fewer workers?
They are salary employees

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was just covered on YAA auto YouTube channel. It’s fords until the dealer accepts it. It’s the dealers after they accept the unit and PDI for sale. It should not be “sold” until the possession checks out. The dealership sold a unit they never received. If there was a car note and MVA <DMV> whatever work done for race purposes that’s a lot to unravel now. Your financing requires insurance, etc. this is a crap show.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered and waited after paying the insane markup. Now I'm told my Bronco was totaled in transport and my order is cancelled. My expectation was that I would just be waiting for Ford to immediately rebuild it but that's nit the case. Im told I can get back at the end of the line and place an order begining in August for the 2023 model. For me this was more than a car. Myb11 year old daughter and I picked it out along with all the options. We have already ordered custom.decals and badges. This was a bonding experience for us that was going to continue to bond us for years to come, even through her impending difficult teen years. Ford for me was more than a car company. The Bronco was more than a car. We are fans. It would be like calling the Yankees just a baseball team or the White House just a building. When things like this happen to the little guy...to your fans...you should MAKE IR RIGHT FORD! You shouldn't do nothing. You should bend over backwards to make it right. The whole experience is sad. It's sad to see what Ford has become as a company. I wish I felt like Ford cared about their fans. You can't even contact the heads of the corporation. Not through email and not by phone. The people running the company have no ability to even know there's so many fans like me out there that they need to make it right for.
What you say makes sense, but nobody pays for a vehicle, much less insane markup before taking delivery, is that even possible? I'm suspicious. That said, you don't need a car to bond with your daughter. I get the disappointment, but there are better ways to bond without having to spend a lot of money.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.