Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(off topic: I bet a whole fleet of 6-sigma dickheads are going to consult with Ford after supply chain issues die down on how to avoid repeats of these issues going forward)
šŸ˜‚ Go ahead and spaghetti diagram the crap outta this clusterfuck, have fun with that!
Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
I'm sure Ford wants to ship the Bronco's as fast as everyone wants them, but if they don't have the chips they don't have the chips. Ford has thousands of Bronco's completed just waiting for chips and likely have run out of storage room.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m very curious why, when clearing out holding lots of broncos on microchip hold which would require in essence the same work, would I not want first in first out?

Iā€™m not talking shutting down a production line, Iā€™m talking about installing modules in the vehicles sitting out in the lots. It has to be done either way.
All of the chips on all of the broncos need to be programmed, Iā€™m talking about clearing out the holding lots. The work needs to be done either way, why would you not be doing it FIFO?

Per what I and my dealer have been told they are clearing the lot by convenience of the location of the truck, leaving older cars blocked into the back of the lot sitting longer.
What you donā€™t seem to understand is that since mid January (when the chip hold began) in the year of our lord, 2022 ford has had enough of the exact same chips necessary to make the Ice Mountain Broncos whole but instead chose to build 10ā€™s of thousands of new Broncos. So, Ford has had supply chain issues for roughly 4 out of the past 20 weeks, but instead of making the ice mountain broncos whole, they keep churning out new builds ...
Not disagreeing with you guys, but you gotta "Follow the Money".

What we really don't know is the status of all the missing components. What are they, how many are in the pipeline, and when are they getting here. I'm quite sure there are stories for each delayed component. We'd all love to see the delivery quantity timeline for all critical components. I understand why a company may not want to share too many details with customers there, but total information darkness here doesn't help any of us in the queue.

The large issue here is the United Auto Worker (UAW) agreements. If you idle the plant, you have to pay the workers unemployment compensation. Suppliers may just not have enough capacity to build much beyond the normal demand weekly volumes. If you have enough materials to complete everything on Ice mountain, you may be shutting down the plant for X weeks, and that is a whole lot of money. Huge. In essence you will be paying workers to sit at home and watch TV.

I'm really dedicated and excited about this Ford product, but I will admit to pricing out Jeep Wrangler alternatives lately... And that just makes me sad inside. If I had known before what I know now, I probably would have made different choices. (Nov 2020 reservation, est. delivery late 2023 or 2024?) Sigh.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
And thank God I have a vehicle to drive while I wait it out like others. I'm in it for the long haul at the mercy of a piece of silicon.
Ford Bronco New 60 Day Push...WTH? horse-woman

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What we really don't know is the status of all the missing components. What are they, how many are in the pipeline, and when are they getting here. I'm quite sure there are stories for each delayed component. We'd all love to see the delivery quantity timeline for all critical components. I understand why a company may not want to share too many details with customers there, but total information darkness here doesn't help any of us in the queue.

The large issue here is the United Auto Worker (UAW) agreements. If you idle the plant, you have to pay the workers unemployment compensation. Suppliers may just not have enough capacity to build much beyond the normal demand weekly volumes. If you have enough materials to complete everything on Ice mountain, you may be shutting down the plant for X weeks, and that is a whole lot of money. Huge. In essence you will be paying workers to sit at home and watch TV.

I'm really dedicated and excited about this Ford product, but I will admit to pricing out Jeep Wrangler alternatives lately... And that just makes me sad inside. If I had known before what I know now, I probably would have made different choices. (Nov 2020 reservation, est. delivery late 2023 or 2024?) Sigh.
They are on Chip hold as communicated by the ford customer service line and dealership input.
And YES! Pay the employees unemployment, or to stay at home and watch tv, or train them to install the chip modules in the parking lot, or pay them to shuffle the ice mountain vehicles back to the plant for the install, or pay them to clean the place up, or do ancillary training, or safety training or any goddamn thing else rather than let a customers 99.9% built bronco sit in a parking lot for a year while the exact same builds are shipping out by the hundreds daily.
How about assign them new builds and VINs and start from scratch when they have all the parts and send those rat infested broncos to dealerships as dealer stock.
Do something. Do anything other than what theyā€™re doing. Theyā€™re a multi billion dollar company and they can figure it out if they just start by giving 1/2 a shit about their customers and future customers.

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you donā€™t seem to understand is that since mid January (when the chip hold began) in the year of our lord, 2022 ford has had enough of the exact same chips necessary to make the Ice Mountain Broncos whole but instead chose to build 10ā€™s of thousands of new Broncos. So, Ford has had supply chain issues for roughly 4 out of the past 20 weeks, but instead of making the ice mountain broncos whole, they keep churning out new builds like chocolate covered cherries on a conveyor belt in an I Love Lucy episode that are delivered to dealerships and their giddy customers within weeks, while those built in January will sit for 8-13 monthsā€¦.thatā€™s right, if you believe ford is giving good EDDā€™s of August (this time) then I have some ocean front property in Wyoming Iā€™d like to sell you.
I will not be shocked when a considerable number of Broncos built in the first month of 2022 are not delivered until early 2023ā€¦..and those lot-rotting technological marvels will not be pristine by any sense of the word.
It has also been rumored, and evidenced to a degree with non-sensical changing module and build statuses that go backwards on the trackers that Ford is using the ice mountain Broncos as a boneyard to cannibalize what modules they do have in order to keep the line movingā€¦..if true, then all the Ford apologist fanboys in the crowd will have your work cut out for you trying to justify that bit of callous creativity.
For context I received my ice mountain bronco a few weeks ago after nearly 4 months on the mountain and a first 10 minute day 1 reservation and I paid an ADM on an additional Bronco while waiting (yes @Rick Astley Iā€™m a hoarder) for my 2dr WT. What Ford is doing isnā€™t right. And you holier than thou hypocrites that arenā€™t walking in the shoes of those being screwed over would be humming a different tune if it were you being treated this wayā€¦..and some self-righteous condescending prick would come along and explain manufacturing to you and tell you people are dying in the Ukraine, so STFUā€¦.and the rest of us would simply be amused.
THANK YOU!!!! (from a fellow january ā€œchip holdā€ still ā€œin productionā€ with a new EDD of end of July)

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are on Chip hold as communicated by the ford customer service line and dealership input.
And YES! Pay the employees unemployment, or to stay at home and watch tv, or train them to install the chip modules in the parking lot, or pay them to shuffle the ice mountain vehicles back to the plant for the install, or pay them to clean the place up, or do ancillary training, or safety training or any goddamn thing else rather than let a customers 99.9% built bronco sit in a parking lot for a year while the exact same builds are shipping out by the hundreds daily.
How about assign them new builds and VINs and start from scratch when they have all the parts and send those rat infested broncos to dealerships as dealer stock.
Do something. Do anything other than what theyā€™re doing. Theyā€™re a multi billion dollar company and they can figure it out if they just start by giving 1/2 a shit about their customers and future customers.
And yes, I'm in the same vote as you, waiting patiently for my Bronco.

1) None of us know the complete details on what components are in short supply. We don't know the logjam in the supply chain or the expected output when things get fixed. It's possible a tool broke and they have to make a new one. And making tooling takes time. You can't put more toolmakers on the job and get it done faster. Been there, tried that and it's a fail. You can't have ten people working on a 3' x 3' piece of tooling steel. Our general belief is that this is all computer chip related, but a whole lot of woes can hide behind that headline. Stuff happens. And I'm guessing there may be other supply woes lurking below the surface. (Mold in Color hardtops manufacturing working at full bore capacity with high quality? other parts? dunno...)

2) Its not totally clear to me that Bronco's are being built and shipped to customers with the short supply component. For all we know, they are building new vehicles, shipping them to Ice Mountain, then removing the short supply module and shuttling the modules back to plant for more builds. Folks here are saying that totally completed vehicles are now being made before Ice Mountain stock, but I'm not sure it's an apples to apples comparison. I would certainly like to know details of the component shortage and vehicles being delivered, both from the Assembly Plant and from Ice Mountain.

3) I am not at all convinced that idling the assembly plant gets you what you want. We'd like to know the specific shortfall parts and the supply chain calendar. My guess is if we saw the pipeline calendar, we'd all come immediately to an obvious solution to best please customers, and there is a high probability that Ford is already on that path. The fact that we can't see that supply pipeline calendar is frustrating.

I've said before I didn't expect a three year wait for my Bronco after making my Reservation. That's a heck of a long time.

Hmm.. I just had a thought. I sure would love it if Ford would grab a handful of us on this forum, invite us to the Assembly plant and be taken thru the who, what, when, where, why, when, when, when details of what is going on with the entire Bronco build process. Then let those folks share with the group that our commitment to the Bronco is warranted. That would go a long way to improving the general tone and reducing the frustration of the conversation here.

Reminder: It may well take two or three more years for ALL of us on this forum to get our Bronco. Big sigh.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We "ALL" have the right to Bit#h" About the sh#T show FORD HAS MADE OF THIS!!! Screw those who say you don't! Sometimes we just need to VENT to others that understand our frustrations! RIDICULOUS to say the least!
Agreed!

Sponsored

LC4Dakar

Outer Banks
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus 7, Land Rover Series 2a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reminder: It may well take two or three more years for ALL of us on this forum to get our Bronco. Big sigh.
If the Broncos are on Ice Mountain for two years, anyone looking to buy a flipped one better do some research or they will have a brand new two year old lemon. Cars sitting for a long time in the open do not age well.
The same goes for someone buying a cancelled order.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread has gone the way of most "hold" threads.

• Someone pissed about being pushed.
  • Someone states they don't know manufacturing processes and big business. Pissing match ensues.
  • Someone states they ordered a Bronco and received it in a nanosecond, so it can't possible be real that this happens.
  • Someone states complainers are whiny entitled biotches.
  • Someone mentions being a day 1er and still waiting.
  • Someone summarizes the thread.
You forgot:
  • Someone nonchalantly mentions he already owns three Broncos

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

As Iā€™ve saidā€¦..I couldnā€™t care less about, process, financials, or other imaginary or speculated upon (to this point) component shortages. Let the corporate bean counters figure it out. We know that Ford, and virtually every other automobile manufacturer has only offered ā€œchipsā€ as the primary issue. Anything else is wild speculation.
They have idled the plant before when MIC tops were the culpritā€¦and they build Rangers as well, so keep them busy with those. Itā€™s not for any of us to figure out how to resolve the issue and keep their employees gainfully employed. Why a customer would concern himself with the inner workings of the plant and offer alibis for Fordā€™s shit show is beyond me.
Iā€™m concerned with the customer and how shitty they are being treated. The reason Ford isnā€™t being held to the fire and raked over the coals over Dirt and now Ice mountain is because people seem to think this is normal behavior for a company. They let Ford off the hook and call the aggrieved customer whiners and complainersā€¦.bitching about their first world problems. Ford is not being held accountable, so why should they do anything different. The current situation is unethical and unacceptable. It just seems like everything is backwards. I guess the new saying is ā€œThe Company is always rightā€.
Imagine making a dinner reservation at your favorite Rib and Chop house a year in advance. You arrive with your date and the hostess tells you they are temporarily out of steak and ask you to take a seat in the waiting area. They make your salad, sides and the rest of your dinner and set it aside in a refrigerator. 15 minutes later the hostess informs those in the long line most of which donā€™t even have a reservation, that their steak shipment has arrived and they begin seating those customers in line. But, there you are off to the side with your early reservation and date with an obvious RBF quality to her mug, being ignored while the rest of your dinner sits in the fridge. You ask the hostess if theyā€™ll seat you since there is now steak availableā€¦ā€¦and you are told ā€œNo. We donā€™t want to disrupt the line and upset the processā€. So you wait, and the line keeps replenishing itself with new customers who call you a whiney little bitch and tell you to STFU about your year old reservation.ā€¦..and you continue to wait. Eventually you and your date go to McDonalds and the Chef plops a steak onto your abandoned plate and sells it to some schmuck off the street. Does that sound about right?

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As Iā€™ve saidā€¦..I couldnā€™t care less about, process, financials, or other imaginary or speculated upon (to this point) component shortages. Let the corporate bean counters figure it out. We know that Ford, and virtually every other automobile manufacturer has only offered ā€œchipsā€ as the primary issue. Anything else is wild speculation....

They have idled the plant before when MIC tops were the culpritā€¦and they build Rangers as well, so keep them busy with those. Itā€™s not for any of us to figure out how to resolve the issue and keep their employees gainfully employed. Why a customer would concern himself with the inner workings of the plant and offer alibis for Fordā€™s shit show is beyond me.
Iā€™m concerned with the customer and how shitty they are being treated. The reason Ford isnā€™t being held to the fire and raked over the coals over Dirt and now Ice mountain is because people seem to think this is normal behavior for a company. They let Ford off the hook and call the aggrieved customer whiners and complainersā€¦.bitching about their first world problems. Ford is not being held accountable, so why should they do anything different. The current situation is unethical and unacceptable. ...

Does that sound about right?
Hmmm. One thing. Check out the Reservation agreement, dated July 7, 2020.

I want to bring your attention to paragraph #11,

11. Force Majeure.
Your participation in the Program and/or your Reservation does not create liability for Ford or you for any failure to perform due to an event beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, unavailability of materials, strike, earthquake, flood, pandemic or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control.
Please note the words "Unavailability of materials"... "pandemic" or "any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our [Ford's] control." As I read your comments, you are absolutely holding Ford responsible for these issues. I'm not seeing that.

I get the distinct impression that you are absolutely blaming Ford Motor for all the ills of the situation here. It almost looks like you didn't read the reservation agreement in the least.

And that's just not fair. That's not what you agreed to. If the agreement doesn't work for you, please walk away from the deal. If your vehicle gets parked outside at Dirt / Ice mountain for six months and after inspection, you don't like it, then walk away from the deal. No harm, no foul.

As part of the reservation process, you get the choice to walk away from your reservation, absolutely without penalty, cost, or ill-will.

Yup, we're all frustrated by the situation. Me too.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmm. One thing. Check out the Reservation agreement, dated July 7, 2020.

I want to bring your attention to paragraph #11,

11. Force Majeure.
Your participation in the Program and/or your Reservation does not create liability for Ford or you for any failure to perform due to an event beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, unavailability of materials, strike, earthquake, flood, pandemic or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control.
Please note the words "Unavailability of materials"... "pandemic" or "any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our [Ford's] control." As I read your comments, you are absolutely holding Ford responsible for these issues. I'm not seeing that.

I get the distinct impression that you are absolutely blaming Ford Motor for all the ills of the situation here. It almost looks like you didn't read the reservation agreement in the least.

And that's just not fair. That's not what you agreed to. If the agreement doesn't work for you, please walk away from the deal. If your vehicle gets parked outside at Dirt / Ice mountain for six months and after inspection, you don't like it, then walk away from the deal. No harm, no foul.

As part of the reservation process, you get the choice to walk away from your reservation, absolutely without penalty, cost, or ill-will.

Yup, we're all frustrated by the situation. Me too.
Iā€™m not frustrated for myself. My 2dr Wildtrak arrived off Ice Mountain 3 weeks ago, and I bought a 4dr BB while I was waiting that I kept for the wife.
Apparently, Iā€™m frustrated for you, however you seem to be a rather good sport, or a glutton for punishment, so all I can say is Go Ford! At least one of your adoring customers is happy as a clam.
Good luckā€¦.I hope you enjoy your brand new year old Bronco ā€¦.sometime next year.
Sponsored