GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I just went and bought a Full-Grown 😉 Bronco yesterday, a Silver Black Diamond I have shown below, for $44,510, w/no markups.

Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner 1691296794703-

The only options it has: It's Silver, w/the Black Diamond Package, which includes the 17" Black Painted Steel Wheels, w/LT265/70R17 A/T TIRES (32"), a 4.46/Rear Axle-Locking Differential, Front Open Axle, Rock Rails, Front Bumper, HD Modular.
It includes the standard 2.3L 4-Cylinder Engine, w/the 7 Speed Manual, and a Soft-Top.

Driving home w/it, around a hundred miles, I average around 20 mpg w/it, doing around 70, shifting up and down in gears in order to vary the rpms for the engine break-in.
The tires, General Tire Grabbers, are surprisingly very quiet on the highway, considering how course they look.

Went off-roading today in order to break her in, and to get her christened off-road. 😉
Took it easy, using 2Hi, 4Hi, 4Lo, and the Rear Locker, varying the rpms via shifting the gears on the manual transmission up and down.. Everything worked w/no issues.
On the highway, doing 70 mph, I'm getting between 20 and 23 mpg. Off-road, around 16.5 mpg. I'm using Chevron 91 octane.
The Soft Top started to whistle a little on the highway, so I went and stretched out the canvas in the heat of the sun, pulling it down, which seemed to solve the problem w/the whistling, though offroad, on the rough roads, the top did rattle in the back some place on the top, but disappeared back on pavement.
Surprisingly, there was little dust inside after my trip, which I was surprised about, but happy with.
Also too, my driver's door appears to have shifted a little, due to the vibrations cause by the dirt roads. It will need to be adjusted.
The manual transmission worked flawlessly and is very smooth.
The 2.3L engine had plenty of power no matter where I went, w/no stalling or anything. No complaints there.
Finally, as part of the deal, I'm getting free rubber floor mats.
I've got to order a trailer hitch mount, together w/the wiring.
Sadly, my Bronco didn't come w/one.

Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0383_A
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0384_A
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0385_A
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0387.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0388.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0390.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0393.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0394.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0395.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0396.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0401.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0408.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0410.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0411.JPG
Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG_0413.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I've been busy order things for my new Bronco today:

Bronco Rubber Floor Mats (Dealer Paying)
Bronco 2021-2023 Aeroskin II Black Textured Trail-Armor Hood Deflector
Ford Bronco Premium Windshield Sunshade
S&B Air Filter

With more to come. 😉

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats! Iconic Silver looks so good on the Bronco, I never thought I'd find myself in a silver car, ever.

You mention the driver door started to sag. If you look around on the forums, you'll notice the alignment on the drivers door (actually most doors) is a pretty common issue. I spent a decent amount of time adjusting mine, but can't get the drivers door to line up perfectly with the front fender. I believe this is because the drivers fender sits too high and needs lowered. See if your hood sits lower than the fender (many on here think their hood needs adjusted, which isn't possible without the use of shims, when really the fender sits high, like mine). I got the door closer to match the body lines, after the dealer said they wouldn't be able to adjust the panels as they were in Ford tolerance spec (nor would I trust them not to mess it up). I also noticed the paint was rubbing off on the rear corner of my door which motivated me to get the door raised before any other damage occurred. Yes, the dealer would fix the paint, I'm sure, but I don't want them to break the factory paint and potentially go down the road of having the repaint/blend. I put a pic of my door after adjusting it.

Enjoy the ride and welcome!

IMG20230716175023.jpg

OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have an appointment w/my local dealer next week in order to adjust my driver's side door, which got out of adjustment due to the vibration on the dirt roads I drove last week.
I hit a lot of moguls which cause a lot of vibration on the entire vehicle.
Also planned, to see if my soft-top came be adjusted.
My first oil change. I should break 1000 miles this weekend. I want to change my engine oil over to full synthetic oil.
While up on the car lift, I want to get a good like at what hardware the Black Diamond package get as part of the package.

Last edited:

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an appointment w/my local dealer next week in order to adjust my driver's side door, which got out of adjustment due to the vibration on the dirt roads I drove last week.
I hit a lot of of mongols, which cause a lot of vibration on the entire vehicle.
Also planned, to see if my soft-top came be adjusted, and mongols.
My first oil change. I should break 1000 miles this weekend. I want to change my oil over to full synthetic oil.
While up on the car lift, I want to get a good like at what hardware the Black Diamond pacjkage get as part of the package.
So… you were in Mongolia and hit a lot of the people there? WTF? 😳

Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be interested to see what they can do for your door. The dealer just threw their hands up and said they all come like that. Which, they mostly aren't wrong. I took a bunch of pics of Bronco's on their lot and almost all had some kind of sag+paint chipping from hitting the door sill. Easy for them to cop-out of trying to fix when they have so much evidence on their lot that "they all come like that" (this was from 2 dealers, btw).

If you plan to do your own oil change, heads up that there's a channel the oil from the filter runs down. It's a good way to get drenched if you're not aware of it.

OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I just went and bought a Full-Grown 😉 Bronco yesterday, a Silver Black Diamond I have shown below, for $44,510, w/no markups.

Ford Bronco New Bronco Black Diamond Owner IMG20230716175023

The only options it has: It's Silver, w/the Black Diamond Package, which includes the 17" Black Painted Steel Wheels, w/LT265/70R17 A/T TIRES (32"), a 4.46/Rear Axle-Locking Differential, Front Open Axle, Rock Rails, Front Bumper, HD Modular.
It includes the standard 2.3L 4-Cylinder Engine, w/the 7 Speed Manual, and a Soft-Top.

Driving home w/it, around a hundred miles, I average around 20 mpg w/it, doing around 70, shifting up and down in gears in order to vary the rpms for the engine break-in.
The tires, General Tire Grabbers, are surprisingly very quiet on the highway, considering how course they look.

Went off-roading today in order to break her in, and to get her christened off-road. 😉
Took it easy, using 2Hi, 4Hi, 4Lo, and the Rear Locker, varying the rpms via shifting the gears on the manual transmission up and down.. Everything worked w/no issues.
On the highway, doing 70 mph, I'm getting between 20 and 23 mpg. Off-road, around 16.5 mpg. I'm using Chevron 91 octane.
The Soft Top started to whistle a little on the highway, so I went and stretched out the canvas in the heat of the sun, pulling it down, which seemed to solve the problem w/the whistling, though offroad, on the rough roads, the top did rattle in the back some place on the top, but disappeared back on pavement.
Surprisingly, there was little dust inside after my trip, which I was surprised about, but happy with.
Also too, my driver's door appears to have shifted a little, due to the vibrations cause by the dirt roads. It will need to be adjusted.
The manual transmission worked flawlessly and is very smooth.
The 2.3L engine had plenty of power no matter where I went, w/no stalling or anything. No complaints there.
Finally, as part of the deal, I'm getting free rubber floor mats.
I've got to order a trailer hitch mount, together w/the wiring.
Sadly, my Bronco didn't come w/one.

Congrats! Here's to many great adventures with your new Bronco!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats! Iconic Silver looks so good on the Bronco, I never thought I'd find myself in a silver car, ever.

You mention the driver door started to sag. If you look around on the forums, you'll notice the alignment on the drivers door (actually most doors) is a pretty common issue. I spent a decent amount of time adjusting mine, but can't get the drivers door to line up perfectly with the front fender. I believe this is because the drivers fender sits too high and needs lowered. See if your hood sits lower than the fender (many on here think their hood needs adjusted, which isn't possible without the use of shims, when really the fender sits high, like mine). I got the door closer to match the body lines, after the dealer said they wouldn't be able to adjust the panels as they were in Ford tolerance spec (nor would I trust them not to mess it up). I also noticed the paint was rubbing off on the rear corner of my door which motivated me to get the door raised before any other damage occurred. Yes, the dealer would fix the paint, I'm sure, but I don't want them to break the factory paint and potentially go down the road of having the repaint/blend. I put a pic of my door after adjusting it.

Enjoy the ride and welcome!

Love the warm welcome, Brett! And that's a beautiful Bronco!

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
∆ Lol, yes, it's more beautiful after I corrected the body panel alignments, which my picture was highlighting
Sponsored