Sponsored

New First Edition Info - Switching dealers triggers automatic $100 deposit refund - & Other Info!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I just got off the phone with Ford after switching dealers to Stephens Auto Center in WV. (Invoice minus $1000, & invoice on options)

Ford Phone Rep Said:

1) The $100 deposit I made on 7/14 went to my old dealer. Switching to Stephens causes Ford to automatically refund my $100 deposit. Stephens will follow up with me if they need a replacement deposit. It is up to their discretion. I spoke to Stephen's GM before the Ford call and he didn't mention the deposit. Sounded like a good guy.

2) Bronco First Editions - I discussed with the rep that several FE reservation holders had cancelled their reservations, so I asked if those First Editions would then end up on dealer lots for sale. The rep said that information she had was - CANCELLED FIRST EDITIONS WILL NOT BE PRODUCED.

3) When I spoke to the GM at Stephens he said that early reservation holders will get their orders pretty much in time stamp order and getting your orders filled has nothing to do with dealer allocations. Many folks on this forum have postulated that ordering through a Stephens or Granger would risk not getting the order filled due to allocation issues. This is not an issue.

4) Changing dealers TWICE - The Ford rep said you can change your dealer a second time, but the second time is a different more time consuming process that takes a few days. Doing it the first time only takes a few minutes on the phone

5) Changing models - YES, you can change your model to anything except a First Edition or switch from Bronco to Bronco Sport. If you reserved a 2 Dr Base, you can order a 4 Dr Badlands come December.
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the phone with Ford after switching dealers to Stephens Auto Center in WV. (Invoice minus $1000, & invoice on options)

Ford Phone Rep Said:

1) The $100 deposit I made on 7/14 went to my old dealer. Switching to Stephens causes Ford to automatically refund my $100 deposit. Stephens will follow up with me if they need a replacement deposit. It is up to their discretion. I spoke to Stephen's GM before the Ford call and he didn't mention the deposit. Sounded like a good guy.

2) Bronco First Editions - I discussed with the rep that several FE reservation holders had cancelled their reservations, so I asked if those First Editions would then end up on dealer lots for sale. The rep said that information she had was - CANCELLED FIRST EDITIONS WILL NOT BE PRODUCED.

3) When I spoke to the GM at Stephens he said that early reservation holders will get their orders pretty much in time stamp order and getting your orders filled has nothing to do with dealer allocations. Many folks on this forum have postulated that ordering through a Stephens or Granger would risk not getting the order filled due to allocation issues. This is not an issue.

4) Changing dealers TWICE - The Ford rep said you can change your dealer a second time, but the second time is a different more time consuming process that takes a few days. Doing it the first time only takes a few minutes on the phone

5) Changing models - YES, you can change your model to anything except a First Edition or switch from Bronco to Bronco Sport. If you reserved a 2 Dr Base, you can order a 4 Dr Badlands come December.
Thanks. All of this is known except for number 3. Sounds like he's making it up. The dealer allocation formula wasn't made up for poops n laughs. ?‍♂

Limited quantities and higher demand means something's gotta give.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. All of this is known except for number 3. Sounds like he's making it up. The dealer allocation formula wasn't made up for poops n laughs. ?‍♂

Limited quantities and higher demand means something's gotta give.
Or maybe a dealer understands the allocation formula better than the forum? I think most people are misinterpreting it anyway. When I read it, it seems like what it's saying is 50% of the formula is # of reservations, I don't know how people are getting that dealers will only be able to fill 50% of their reservations.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Phone Rep Said:
I was wondering if dealers would be able to order FEs for 2021. I guess the “FINAL” number will be less than 7,000. I wonder if they have a mass rejection of the FE reservations if it would be even less than 3,500. All good for me since I currently plan on buying two.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll bet you a 20% down payment that every one of the 7000 FEs will be built. No doubt about it.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe a dealer understands the allocation formula better than the forum? I think most people are misinterpreting it anyway. When I read it, it seems like what it's saying is 50% of the formula is # of reservations, I don't know how people are getting that dealers will only be able to fill 50% of their reservations.
Just quoting you because the forum will only let me “Love” your comment once.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering if dealers would be able to order FEs for 2021. I guess the “FINAL” number will be less than 7,000. I wonder if they have a mass rejection of the FE reservations if it would be even less than 3,500. All good for me since I currently plan on buying two.

TWO?!

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m with you. I’ve always read the allotment formula to mean allotment of dealer stock, which gets built AFTER all reservations are built. Reservations will be built basically in time stamp order, minus those waiting for late ability, and optimizing full rail cars to area distribution rail yards.

Ford doesn’t care where the Bronco gets delivered, only that it gets delivered to the reservation holder.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Phone Rep Said:

YESSSSS! Thank you for sharing!!!

I’m with you. I’ve always read the allotment formula to mean allotment of dealer stock, which gets built AFTER all reservations are built. Reservations will be built basically in time stamp order, minus those waiting for late ability, and optimizing full rail cars to area distribution rail yards.

Ford doesn’t care where the Bronco gets delivered, only that it gets delivered to the reservation holder.
I've always read the statement about allotment the same way. It's allotment of vehicles the dealer receives after the reservations are filled.

It makes no sense for Ford to tell a dealer "We're only going to fill 50 of your 500 Bronco orders because you're regular volume is to low and your 4x4 market is small." Does anyone really think Ford is gonna turn away orders based on dealership size or 4x4 market share? No. Those metrics are what will be used to determine the allotment of future stock Broncos.
Sponsored