Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey y'all, new guy here from Dallas. Ordered my 2021 Outer Banks Bronco last August. Carbonized Gray, 4 door, Lux/Sasquatch, 2.7L soft top. According to my dealership, my vehicle has been built and sitting on an undisclosed lot waiting for microchips for 2 months. Ford module website shows the modules have been turned on, confirming that it is built. Ford tracker website has stopped showing an estimated delivery date entirely and still says "In Production" for the status. Bronco6G tracker page says "Can't retrieve this VIN".

This has been a less-than-fun process, and I'm hoping I may be able to get some helpful advice on potential next steps from the Bronco6G community!
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When was your 'built date'? I ordered what seems to be the exact same build (see signature) on Sept 14th. Had a VIN by Sept 30th, it was built Dec 14th and we picked it up Jan 8th.

I know that our build week of 12/13 got really lucky with the shipping/delivery window, because the 12/6 build week didn't get completed or shipped out. I wonder if yours was built in the 12/6 week?

Here is the 12/6 build week thread to look through: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🛠-12-6-21-build-week-group.24468/

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y'all, new guy here from Dallas. Ordered my 2021 Outer Banks Bronco last August. Carbonized Gray, 4 door, Lux/Sasquatch, 2.7L soft top. According to my dealership, my vehicle has been built and sitting on an undisclosed lot waiting for microchips for 2 months. Ford module website shows the modules have been turned on, confirming that it is built. Ford tracker website has stopped showing an estimated delivery date entirely and still says "In Production" for the status. Bronco6G tracker page says "Can't retrieve this VIN".

This has been a less-than-fun process, and I'm hoping I may be able to get some helpful advice on potential next steps from the Bronco6G community!
Close to 5k of us in the same boat. Bronco Nation said that it is estimated that all will be delivered within 90 days..."pending chip availability". Also, there are rumors that its not just a chip shortage. mine no longer says chip hold on the dealer system, it now just shows "in production EDD 5/29"

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When was your 'built date'? I ordered what seems to be the exact same build (see signature) on Sept 14th. Had a VIN by Sept 30th, it was built Dec 14th and we picked it up Jan 8th.

I know that our build week of 12/13 got really lucky with the shipping/delivery window, because the 12/6 build week didn't get completed or shipped out. I wonder if yours was built in the 12/6 week?

Here is the 12/6 build week thread to look through: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🛠-12-6-21-build-week-group.24468/
I actually do not have a "Built Date". The tracker page says "In Production" as of 12/2. I've had the VIN since 9/30 also. My original scheduled production week was 12/6, but then it went into production earlier, allegedly. The sales manager at my dealership thought my Bronco had already been delivered and sold to me, he was under the impression that all his 21 MY orders had been fulfilled in January. Basically it took him a week of emailing/calling "higher ups" at Ford to figure out that it was built and sitting on a mystery lot. But it's as if I've fallen out of Ford's radar, since I no longer even have an estimated delivery date. I'll check out that 12/6 build week thread, though. Thank you.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Close to 5k of us in the same boat. Bronco Nation said that it is estimated that all will be delivered within 90 days..."pending chip availability". Also, there are rumors that its not just a chip shortage. mine no longer says chip hold on the dealer system, it now just shows "in production EDD 5/29"
At least you have an EDD listed. My tracker page has just removed that line item entirely. No one seems to know what's going on with my vehicle. But hey, they offered to send me a Bronco jacket to "ease my frustration." Lol

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least you have an EDD listed. My tracker page has just removed that line item entirely. No one seems to know what's going on with my vehicle. But hey, they offered to send me a Bronco jacket to "ease my frustration." Lol
Who offered the jacket? That's cool!

My eDD is gone too on the tracker fyi, the dealer can tell you the eta. But it is just as likely to be delivered this month as it is in June or July...

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually do not have a "Built Date". The tracker page says "In Production" as of 12/2. I've had the VIN since 9/30 also. My original scheduled production week was 12/6, but then it went into production earlier, allegedly. The sales manager at my dealership thought my Bronco had already been delivered and sold to me, he was under the impression that all his 21 MY orders had been fulfilled in January. Basically it took him a week of emailing/calling "higher ups" at Ford to figure out that it was built and sitting on a mystery lot. But it's as if I've fallen out of Ford's radar, since I no longer even have an estimated delivery date. I'll check out that 12/6 build week thread, though. Thank you.
Ahh man, that sucks. I was originally a 12/6 build date, but actually got pushed back to 12/13 - and I'm not going to lie, from all I've read, I'm quite happy about that.

Hopefully you can get some answers in the link I gave you - but also keep hounding your dealership.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who offered the jacket? That's cool!

My eDD is gone too on the tracker fyi, the dealer can tell you the eta. But it is just as likely to be delivered this month as it is in June or July...
Good to know. The dealer has been pretty worthless so far, but I'll definitely keep after them.

Edit: the sales manager at my dealership offered the jacket, although he said it was offered by his "higher ups", whatever that means.

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahh man, that sucks. I was originally a 12/6 build date, but actually got pushed back to 12/13 - and I'm not going to lie, from all I've read, I'm quite happy about that.

Hopefully you can get some answers in the link I gave you - but also keep hounding your dealership.
There's a ton of info in that thread, will sift through and try and get some answers. Calling the dealership once a week at this point haha, it's getting kind of hopeless.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you joined. I haven't had a chance to put things together and email them over to you, but you'll have all the resources you can stand on here. (y)

Sponsored
OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you joined. I haven't had a chance to put things together and email them over to you, but you'll have all the resources you can stand on here. (y)
Yessir, there's a ton of info on here. Unfortunately the Bronco6G tracker page can't locate my VIN, so I'm stuck relying on unreliable Ford at this point, it appears.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ordered 8/2021 and built 12/2021 with Lux, Squatch, and 2.7 options? That was a pretty quick turnaround all things considered. Wasn't 12/6 the final build week for 2021?
Sorry you have been a part of the ice mountain holds. At least you will be able to show everyone else that gets a 2022 what temp you have selected on the temp dial on the console when its all said and done.
Obligatory WHOOP!

OP
OP
dallasobx

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks