MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good, now if you could rig it so it was readily adaptable to a popular bike mount. I like the raw aluminum look.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_3974.jpg

Spy Shots of our new modular Spare Tire Delete Plate.
Features:
• Spare Tire Delete
• 3rd Brake Light
• Factory Camera Mount
• Mounts for Relocating your License Plate if you like, or can leave it in factory position
• License Plate Light
• Optional RotopaX Mounts

Will come Black Texture Powdercoated. More info, pricing and release date to come soon.

IMG_3973.jpg
I know the DAY I did this, I would have a flat or double flat 200mi from home.

Isabel_yvr

Badlands
First Name
Isabel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know approximately how much gas we would save by removing the weight of the spare tire? Is it worth removing or is the savings very minimal?

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMG_3974.jpg

Features:
• Spare Tire Delete
• 3rd Brake Light
• Factory Camera Mount
• Mounts for Relocating your License Plate if you like, or can leave it in factory position
• License Plate Light

Will come Black Texture Powdercoated. More info, pricing and release date to come soon.

IMG_3973.jpg
IMG_3976.jpg
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg
IMG_3980.jpg
IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg
I don't know. I mean I guess it has a purpose. I just like the spare tire.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having three flats "(Goodyear "Wrangler" MT35s on Badlands Sasquatch) in five days in western Utah, I wouldn't think of going backroads without a spare. It's an interesting setup. You'll have extra fuel to get really off-road, should you get a flat.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know approximately how much gas we would save by removing the weight of the spare tire? Is it worth removing or is the savings very minimal?
Approximately 1-2% weight savings which reduces inertial mass.
Creates larger void behind which increases drag.

You'd need to run some models to determine any efficiency gain/loss.
I'd hypothesize results would be inconclusive.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda just looks like an aluminum(?) plate slapped on. I feel like it needs something to make it look a little custom fabricated / designed, whether that’s the overall shape, some added cutouts or texture… I dunno, just something to make it look like you can’t make it at home. I kinda like the logo actually. It’s a cool logo which helps. I guess I just don’t like spare deletes. Unless they’re done with a utilitarian purpose, they just look like somethings missing or some giant electrical outlet cover.
i agree here, i like the idea etc, maybe shape it the same as the other body lines, i suppose ot wouldnt fit correctly but almost needs to be rectangle like the door itself??

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having three flats "(Goodyear "Wrangler" MT35s on Badlands Sasquatch) in five days in western Utah, I wouldn't think of going backroads without a spare. It's an interesting setup. You'll have extra fuel to get really off-road, should you get a flat.
Ditto. Maybe this is mall-crawler setup ???

I wouldn’t leave city limits without a spare tire, much less go adventuring in the unpaved backcountry.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMG_3974.jpg

Features:
• Spare Tire Delete
• 3rd Brake Light
• Factory Camera Mount
• License Plate Light

IMG_3973.jpg
IMG_3976.jpg
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg
IMG_3980.jpg
IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg
YES PERFECT IDEA! Let's remove the spare tire which I would need off road and throw on rotopacks which I can use if I run out of gas.. Which is more probable? Gas or flat tire.. 😂😂

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES PERFECT IDEA! Let's remove the spare tire which I would need off road and throw on rotopacks which I can use if I run out of gas.. Which is more probable? Gas or flat tire.. 😂😂
I was thinking the same. Anywhere I go where I need to carry extra gas, I most certainly need the spare

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're beginning to rag on the OP, which is not cool. He made an imaginative build on his Bronco, so more power to him, if that's what he wants. I think it's obvious his interest tilts towards the cosmetic and away from the functional. So be it.

I've noticed on lots of threads (this, and the other forum) that a lot of the option packages and builds tilt towards the handsome, and are justly applauded for the neat look, whatever that may be. I've also noted on a few threads, on this and the other forum, what my installer said: "About 90% of what I install never goes off-road."

Somethin to ponder.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're beginning to rag on the OP, which is not cool. He made an imaginative build on his Bronco, so more power to him, if that's what he wants. I think it's obvious his interest tilts towards the cosmetic and away from the functional. So be it.

I've noticed on lots of threads (this, and the other forum) that a lot of the option packages and builds tilt towards the handsome, and are justly applauded for the neat look, whatever that may be. I've also noted on a few threads, on this and the other forum, what my installer said: "About 90% of what I install never goes off-road."

Somethin to ponder.

I get that but this isn't like adding on chrome low profile rims or something. This removes one functional recovery part to replace it with another, and as someone else mentioned this probably isn't even street legal.

Anywhere you're going that you'd need extra dump cans you probably need the spare more.

I would modify this to market it towards dunes. Add a flag mount on it and the recovery ramp mounts. You don't need a spare or extra fuel most the time duning. Outside of that there isn't a practical situation for this in its current form.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Somethin to ponder.
OP is a vendor with a new product they intend to sell, not just a personal build. Posts provide critical feedback even if some of them are negative. OP is getting free Input on their product launch.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We’re excited to see so many comments on this product, so let us just respond to as many as we can:

1. We get it, this product is not for everyone.

2. The production version will include super bright 3rd brake light and license plate lights. Being street legal won’t be an issue.

3. Not for Mall Crawlers (but works for them too!) We’ll be in Moab next month and we will post photos and videos showing all of our products in action, and their use cases, including the Spare Tire Delete. This product is ideal for trails with sharp departure angles where a spare tire can get hung up - and we’ll document that.

4. If you’re running factory Goodyears, and plan on wheeling, this probably isn’t your best option. We run Maxxis Trepadors on all of our rigs. It’s an extremely hardcore off-road tire with very thick sidewalls. We’ve been running these on all of our off-road rigs, almost always without a spare for probably close to 8 years and have never had a failure. Not to say that it can’t happen, but the probability is low.

5. We’re a 100% Made in the USA company that produces products that help give you the freedom to explore. We also stand firmly behind the freedom for you to build your Bronco the way you choose to. If running without a spare is too risky for your taste, we understand. If you’re looking for a Spare Tire Delete option, we’re happy to talk to you about our offering.

Thank you.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can I order with Logo delete
Can the RotoPax tops be level with the top of the tail gate?
I dont get why they are sticking up. Doesnt look integrated & looks difficult to throw things over the gate into the back
Sponsored