First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up a 2021 Badlands loaded with SAS and Lux. Virtually brand new (had 782 miles on it when I picked it up). I'm very familiar with all the in's and out's of the vehicle as I've had an order in since Dec of 21 that has yet to be (and wont be) fulfilled, and have been researching / reading all I can for a year and a half 😂. Hence my purchase of the '21.

My question is... I've confirmed its running Sync 4 but my PowerUp software is version 1.6. I've got all the update settings turned on; automatic updates, scheduled one last night at 3am, etc. I cant seem to get it to recognize the newer version of the software that allows for full screen Apple CarPlay (I believe it's version 4.5.x and up). Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Sorry for rehashing what is most likely a recurring question but figured I'd start a new thread with exact situation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

B

Ford Bronco New owner, old question... GIDEEUP
Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about the history of your Bronco, but if they did not have it set to do automatic updates then that explains why it is behind on updates. Just give it time, eventually the system will catch up to it.

OP
OP

Jolyrogr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about the history of your Bronco, but if they did not have it set to do automatic updates then that explains why it is behind on updates. Just give it time, eventually the system will catch up to it.
Yeah, not sure if they did or not. I'm guessing not because it wasn't used much (obviously). I know there are "rolling" updates OTA but wasn't sure how quick those pop up.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealer can "force" updates if you feel it is too far behind and not updating.

OP
OP

Jolyrogr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer can "force" updates if you feel it is too far behind and not updating.
Very good to know. I may have them try that then if it doesn't update in a week or so. 👍

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Give it time. My truck is 3 weeks old and it took 2 weeks for the update to install. I’m assuming Ford does rolling update (batches) to prevent overloading the infrastructure (cell networks, etc.). It’s not just Broncos they’re updating.

OP
OP

Jolyrogr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give it time. My truck is 3 weeks old and it took 2 weeks for the update to install. I’m assuming Ford does rolling update (batches) to prevent overloading the infrastructure (cell networks, etc.). It’s not just Broncos they’re updating.
👍👍👍

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also, I am working with Ford on another issue and when the rep pulled my vehicle report, it showed some communication errors. Connection problems also contributes to timely updates. To make matters worse, the cell coverage near my home is poor. If possible, attach to your home Wi-Fi so it can check periodically when parked overnight. I did a brief write up on the vehicle connecting to my Wi-Fi periodically and it chit/chatting with the mother ship (I forget which thread, but will look).

OP
OP

Jolyrogr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I am working with Ford on another issue and when the rep pulled my vehicle report, it showed some communication errors. Connection problems also contributes to timely updates. To make matters worse, the cell coverage near my home is poor. If possible, attach to your home Wi-Fi so it can check periodically when parked overnight. I did a brief write up on the vehicle connecting to my Wi-Fi periodically and it chit/chatting with the mother ship (I forget which thread, but will look).
Good to know also, I did already set up to wifi so all good there. Thanks!

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look at thread “Ford Power-Up 4.2.1 software update now available”

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry for font…on phone and doing 10 things at once :)