First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just wanted to let anyone know that I've read many of the "Wastegate Stuck" and "Powertrain Malfunction" codes being thrown and my 23 2-door Wildtrak threw both today?!? In a panic...because I have a ProCal performance tune I loaded myself in June I called the dealer and made an appointment with my fingers crossed that it would still be covered under warranty.

I read on a few threads here that simple software updates at dealers have solved these issues for those with "STOCK" tunes, prompting me to pull my ProCal out and see if an update was available. Sure nuff, there was! The update on the PC is now listed as PB3A-FPB27A.bin. I'm not sure what it was before but it definitely updated the tune and when I loaded the new performance tune on the rig the check engine light went off, and it runs even better than before?!?

I didn't search to see if there was another post addressing this but it fixed mine.
Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The light went off because it probably cleared codes during the process. It feels more responsive because the trans learning was reset.

once carb approved ford isn’t going to update the calibration.

OP
OP

khill007

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the input. I’m not technical so please elaborate on the carb approved reference.

Sponsored
OP
OP

khill007

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is very funny. I’m a Texan….should I say more.

OP
OP

khill007

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope this “fix” helps someone. I thought it may be something you could try if you have a ProCal. I almost went into full on panic attack when those codes were thrown and experienced performance degradation. Hopefully dodged a bullet?!? :oops:
Sponsored