Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pedal Commander? 😂😂😂
Well you laugh....but I have tuned many a race car in my life (was an actual test driver for honda and BMW many moons ago :) Sounds funny but it is a such a great little gadget for $299. I mean really right? Added to a Factory Performance Tune that doesn't void warranty - Kaboom! :)
Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did my 22 Badlands today much improved over the stock tune as far as throttle response and boost. I will update after my 1000 mile trip on November 1st. Definitely money well spent plus EordPass Rewards.
Update: completed my Wisconsin to Mississippi trip 1029.8 miles total. MPG was 17.6 with cruise set at 80 mph on the interstate. Driving around town for the last couple days I'm getting 19.6 mpg.

20221102_142544.jpg

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does this tune make the bronco perform better just using the regular modes or do you have to click something else to get the added flavor? I’m really confused.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this tune make the bronco perform better just using the regular modes or do you have to click something else to get the added flavor? I’m really confused.
Once the tune is downloaded and installed into the Broncos computer.. it's on there. No buttons.... All the goat modes get the extra sauce.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And the. You always have to use premium fuel right?
Once the tune is downloaded and installed into the Broncos computer.. it's on there. No buttons.... All the goat modes get the extra sauce.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm used to COBB devices so sorry if this is a stupid question. If I already have a ProCal 4 tied to my Bronco VIN, can I just download the software? Is there an extra cost? I cannot for teh life of me find where to do this on the Ford Performance site if that's the case.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm used to COBB devices so sorry if this is a stupid question. If I already have a ProCal 4 tied to my Bronco VIN, can I just download the software? Is there an extra cost? I cannot for teh life of me find where to do this on the Ford Performance site if that's the case.
I haven't seen a tune only option, but I could be wrong.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2D SAS, '18 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stupid question here, but are folks using the dealer to install just in case things go wrong? I'm assuming the leg work of copying stock tune, backing it up, getting the perf tune, downloading it to the vehicle - once you re-flash you can disconnect and put the tuner back in the box until you want to use it. If any of that is incorrect, definitely appreciate the correction in advance.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stupid question here, but are folks using the dealer to install just in case things go wrong? I'm assuming the leg work of copying stock tune, backing it up, getting the perf tune, downloading it to the vehicle - once you re-flash you can disconnect and put the tuner back in the box until you want to use it. If any of that is incorrect, definitely appreciate the correction in advance.
Correct, I’m awaiting a couple of BALLS from @EIGHTLUG in orange to be delivered. Have a carbon arm from Bullet Point to mount to the BALL on top of the MOSH/D from Archetype.But as of now, the Procal unit is sitting on my desk waiting….
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review 4DC3A7C6-4ACE-4B13-ACDF-584AD121A06F
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review 974CC9AE-3351-41AA-91F3-B9813A21371A

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BALLS, singular, arrived today. Despite the now inch of sleet I was able to at least mount the Procal unit to the MOSH-D. As always, @EIGHTLUG and the AR Team didn’t disappoint. OBD2 cable run and once it stops pelting me and gets above 20 degrees I’ll plug it in and update the pics…..

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review 73A9F460-30A6-4EE9-83BF-00A1B22863A7
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review DC16C47C-0AF0-4E1E-808A-FB25CAB7AABB
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review 5D2D7CB8-B6A4-4953-A2EE-EF53A2C22FA4

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2D SAS, '18 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered mine last night, so looking forward to going through the process of updating the tune in my Bronco.

I'm not going to be mounting mine since I'm not planning on doing any datalogging. I'll put it in a drawer for when I need to go back through state DEQ in four years.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might want to reconsider mounting, its much easier to see rpms under the "gauges" screen as well as a whole lot of other info (most of which not not familiar with lol!)

IMG_1594.jpeg

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might want to reconsider mounting, its much easier to see rpms under the "gauges" screen as well as a whole lot of other info (most of which not not familiar with lol!)

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Bronco 2.7 Tune w/ Procal - Initial Review IMG_1594
Is it easy to mount like this - on the fence of getting this for my 2.7 Wildtrak as I CANNOT stand the shifting feel currently. I run on premium only so this could be a decent upgrade for me long term.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed today, had just filled with 87. I wanted to adjust the tire size as I am on 37's. Since I understood this could run this way, I went on and installed the tune. No problems as the computer adjusted. When I run this out, I will fill with 93. The shifts are crisp, the speedo is now correct. I guess I'll see what was the butt dyno improvements when I get on 93.
Sponsored