Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just had my 2023 WT done. Very initial but the the throttle response seems way better. I think I have 91 octane in the tank currently. Haven't even tried Sport Mode yet.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming back to this thread. I now have my Injen CAI installed, and I have been running 93 for a while now. The performance is truly there. I can hear the Turbo's spooling now. haha its a fun ride. I guess now all I need is to get the sport mode put on my Badlands.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I honestly just want a tune for my 2.7 that removes some of the TQ management so it doesn't feel like the bitch is slipping up to 30mph
That is the most odd feeling to get use to. I was like..."Is this thing spinning clutch packs"...It's a fatal flaw of the 10 speeds.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is +1.5-2.0 mpg negligible? I don't know about a 7.5%-10% increase in fuel economy being negligible.

With the "fart can exhaust" I can average over 22.5 mpg at an average speed of 75 MPH over a 300 mile route through the Texas hill country. My best run averaged 23.5 mpg, largely due to the exhaust. Without the exhaust, my mileage drops to around 20 MPG over the same trip (this last trip was right around 19 MPG) on factory tires 32".

I agree, it's obnoxious, but you are wrong about the fuel use. I don't have any dyno numbers, but you can feel a little more pep in the engine. The factory muffler is excellent from the standpoint of mitigating sound, but it comes at a cost.
Definitely,
I ordered the dreaded RC axel back and have had it about 5 days and can see a definite improvement on my mpg's around town driving.
It's loud AF but the 2.7 with those twin turbos giver it a unique exhaust note. And you can hear those turbo's spooling up out of the exhaust and I don't even have a CIA yet.
Sponsored