Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m curious to hear how the transmission tuning differs compared to the Whipple tune?

I know the Whipple tune is going to add more power, but is it worth the trade off?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m curious to hear how the transmission tuning differs compared the Whipple tune?
I know the Whipple tune is going to add more power, but is it worth the trade off?
Also would like to see a direct comparison between the 2 including power numbers and feel

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also would like to see a direct comparison between the 2 including power numbers and feel
As someone who has a FRPP tuned 2.7L and a neighbor with a Whipple one, I thoroughly enjoy the snappy-ness of the transmission on both. I can feel that the Whipple tune has more power - but the FRPP ease of use (utilizing Ford Performance's warranty at any dealer) is what sold me. I would recommend either one at this point - if you wanted to go with an intercooler, the Whipple one is 100% the route I'd go.
Let us know if we can assist with either, we have both going back on sale on the 22nd.
- Logan @ Lethal

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As someone who has a FRPP tuned 2.7L and a neighbor with a Whipple one, I thoroughly enjoy the snappy-ness of the transmission on both. I can feel that the Whipple tune has more power - but the FRPP ease of use (utilizing Ford Performance's warranty at any dealer) is what sold me. I would recommend either one at this point - if you wanted to go with an intercooler, the Whipple one is 100% the route I'd go.
Let us know if we can assist with either, we have both going back on sale on the 22nd.
- Logan @ Lethal
Thanks, Logan.

Would you say the transmission programming is similar? Also, is the HP increase with the Whipple much more noticeable? Comparing dyno numbers, the Whipple puts down a lot bigger numbers, but with Torque management in play that doesn’t always translate to street performance and feel.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
- Logan @ Lethal
Thanks, not so sure the whole “warranty” thing is gonna sway me or not from what I’ve read the ford performance warranty seems to be muddy waters anyway. I’ll figure it out once I pick up the vehicle from what I under stand nothings been released for the 24’s anyway

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, Logan.

Would you say the transmission programming is similar? Also, is the HP increase with the Whipple much more noticeable? Comparing dyno numbers, the Whipple puts down a lot bigger numbers, but with Torque management in play that doesn’t always translate to street performance and feel.
I could not tell much of a difference if any in terms of transmission tuning. Both correct the stock "slop" in between gears.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Question for the group - if you move ahead and install the Tune - would Ford be able to tell if you reverted it back to the stock tune (for whatever reason) Is there a way for them to see if the vehicle was tuned and reverted - a flag/audit stamp etc ? I recall from my old Audi days that the system had some type of flag that could be seen in the system.

Last edited:

King of Lizzards

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 badlands sasquatch, 20 f250 godzilla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does procal store both tunes? If i want to switch back to stock, is it on the procal, or do i have to go back to the laptop each time to switch tunes into the procal?

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does procal store both tunes? If i want to switch back to stock, is it on the procal, or do i have to go back to the laptop each time to switch tunes into the procal?
Yes to the best of my knowledge it stores both the Stock and Ford Performance Cal on the device. There should also be a back up of you stock config in your Ford Performance account.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot imagine a scenario in which swapping back makes sense though. It’s VIN locked so you can’t transfer it to a new Bronco, and trying to swap for a warranty claim is a great way to look like you’re trying to commit fraud.

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question for the group - if you move ahead and install the Tune - would Ford be able to tell if you reverted it back to the stock tune (for whatever reason) Is there a way for them to see if the vehicle was tuned and reverted - a flag/audit stamp etc ? I recall from my old Audi days that the system had some type of flag that could be seen in the system.
There’s a flash counter meaning it registers every time the ecm is flashed so yes if they’re looking they can tell it was flashed

King of Lizzards

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot imagine a scenario in which swapping back makes sense though. It’s VIN locked so you can’t transfer it to a new Bronco, and trying to swap for a warranty claim is a great way to look like you’re trying to commit fraud.
Selling or trading in the bronco is a reason to return to stock.

Doing actual testing between the 2 tunes such as 0-60 draggies is a reason to flip back and forth without the delay of swapping them into the unit from a laptop.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

- Logan @ Lethal
Do dealers install these? Mine has refused me twice on both my trucks lol

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selling or trading in the bronco is a reason to return to stock.

Doing actual testing between the 2 tunes such as 0-60 draggies is a reason to flip back and forth without the delay of swapping them into the unit from a laptop.
but you can’t move it to the next vehicle so swapping to stock to trade it in or sell it is just removing the fun someone else could have. Seems like nonsense. I also don’t buy the notion of fast swapping tunes to compare performance- you’ll just be crapping all over the computers learning.

King of Lizzards

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but you can’t move it to the next vehicle so swapping to stock to trade it in or sell it is just removing the fun someone else could have. Seems like nonsense. I also don’t buy the notion of fast swapping tunes to compare performance- you’ll just be crapping all over the computers learning.
Do you have this tuner? Returning it to stock does not mean new buyer cannot have it and load the tune in 2 minutes if they so choose.

You are assuming everyone wants to run premium fuel or (if traded in) the dealer wants the issues of their customer putting in 87 octane gas.

If anyone knows for sure if the procal 4 holds both tunes, I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored