Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Performance Calibration Tuner Input needed -------------------

Are you guys seeing this as a good upgrade for $800.

Can you tell a big difference?

Seeing any Change in MPG?

Will it hurt your Ford Extended Warranty?

Thanks.
Best upgrade you can do for the money. Don't hesitate and waste miles without it.
Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worth it for shifting response. I'm getting around 1 mpg better gas mileage. Finally corrected my tire size and love stop/start being disabled (without needing Froescan). Whether you should DIY install or use certified tech is debatable (it's only 10-15 minutes of work).

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was informed by Ford service (two local shops) that it does not affect extended warranty status is installed by a dealer or ASE certified mechanic. That's the main reason I paid to have it installed instead of doing it myself.
I did the same. Was installed yesterday. Charged me 1 hour which was $175 plus tax. Service manager also told me the same thing will not affect extended warranty.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I interpreted the warranty information to be for the unit, not the car. You can't install it wrong, it works or it doesn't so I imagine Ford would take a beating if they tried to deny warranty for their product.

Either way, yes worth it.

Alblinestar

Wildtrak
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TT Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if I had the dealer install it how would I know if they calibrated my tires and also the stop/start wasn't disabled. I assume I would need to take it back to the dealer?

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

if I had the dealer install it how would I know if they calibrated my tires and also the stop/start wasn't disabled. I assume I would need to take it back to the dealer?
You can check your tire setting in the tune.
I think the start/stop isnā€™t disabled. Rather, it remembers your last setting upon restarting the engine.

Alblinestar

Wildtrak
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can check your tire setting in the tune.
I think the start/stop isnā€™t disabled. Rather, it remembers your last setting upon restarting the engine.
I checked it but it doesn't give me a clear tire size....it say "606"

Last edited:

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Specifically ask before you drop it off that they recalibrate your tires. After you leave put an app on your phone that tells you how fast you're going and compare it to the speedometer if it's accurate then they did it for you. If not it's a very easy thing to do yourself. The tech showed me how to change mine if need be but he set it too 37" BFGs which is in the procal and it ended up being perfect. As far as start stop goes, the tech said he didn't see a spot in there to disable that. In the end what happens is however you leave start/stop when you turn off the engine is how it stays when you restart the engine so if you turn it off it will stay off until you turn it back on. šŸ˜Ž

Alblinestar

Wildtrak
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Specifically ask before you drop it off that they recalibrate your tires. After you leave put an app on your phone that tells you how fast you're going and compare it to the speedometer if it's accurate then they did it for you. If not it's a very easy thing to do yourself. The tech showed me how to change mine if need be but he set it too 37" BFGs which is in the procal and it ended up being perfect. As far as start stop goes, the tech said he didn't see a spot in there to disable that. In the end what happens is however you leave start/stop when you turn off the engine is how it stays when you restart the engine so if you turn it off it will stay off until you turn it back on. šŸ˜Ž
thanks for the input, I see the area where you go to adjust the trie size but its not a series of #s you can do 35x12.5x20 or whatever your size is so I was wondering how everyone who did their own was inputting it

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I interpreted the warranty information to be for the unit, not the car.
FWIW, I agree. That was my understanding of the warranty, as well, after several reads; the warranty on the FP tune is only good if installed by a certified technician. The vehicle warranty is a separate issue, unaffected by the FP tune and/or whomever installs it.

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks for the input, I see the area where you go to adjust the trie size but its not a series of #s you can do 35x12.5x20 or whatever your size is so I was wondering how everyone who did their own was inputting it
Maybe for the initial input, but the tech actually hooked it back up for me before I took it home and showed me how to go into adjust it if it wasn't dialed in correctly. It actually had a number can't remember what it was I think something like 576 or maybe 756, but anyways the number was revolutions per mile I believe and he said I could adjust that up or down now that it was installed. I didn't have to adjust it because it was pretty much right on.

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, shift point adjustments are worth it.

As mentioned, it remembers the state of the A.S.S., no longer defaults it back to ON at every startup. (so you can still use it if that's your thing). I don't think there is an option to turn this on/off, it's just part of the tune.

I spent about 3 hours at my dealer trying to get it installed. Long story but most of the time I was just sitting in shop with the tech waiting on Ford Performance to fix an issue with the voucher code. Kept telling us it wouldn't take long, then the last time he called for an update, we were finally told that there are only 3 people at Ford Performance support and the only guy that could do it had left for lunch.

Service manager asked if I wanted to wait or just take the unit and they would send me the voucher code when they heard back. I told them I was only having them install it in the first place for the warranty and she said since it's not a programmable tune, (it will only load Ford's preset parameters) they wouldn't give me any hassle on a warranty claim and noted it on the paperwork. Didn't charge me anything and I installed myself that afternoon in about 10 minutes.

Between the tune and adding Sport mode via Forscan, it feels/drives like a completely different vehicle.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
No. Read the FP tune warranty, not this thread.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/

Most Ford Performance parts are not sold with a warranty. Ford Performance parts are sold ā€œas isā€, ā€œwith all faultsā€, ā€œas they standā€ and without any express warranty whatsoever, unless otherwise expressly designated herein.​

then for the ProCal 4 tool:

3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician​

Which covers the tool itself, not the vehicle warranty. There is no mention if a self or dealer install will affect the actual vehicle warranty one way or another.

In the the ProCal 4 instruction it says:

The end user must register with Ford Performance Parts (FPP) to download the ProCal 4 software.​

So, they are expecting the end user to perform at least part of the install.

Ford has a separate document that covers specific Ford Performance Parts that, if installed by the dealer, will not affect the vehicle warranty.

(these include Calibration Packs for the Mustang, F150 and Ranger - but not the Bronco)

Frankly, its up to Ford, if a self install or a dealer install leads to a warranty service denial. They can easily decline warranty if you just install larger tires or plug in a ForScan to change a few GOAT modes or whatnot.
Sponsored