Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration 2.7L for 37’s speedo calibration?

chirshong02

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi guys,

I recently put 37s on my Wildtrak and was looking to get the speedo recalibrated but came across the Ford Performance tune.

On the Ford Performance website, one of the features if this tune is “Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 size (579 revolutions per mile) [Additional modifications required]”. But I wasn’t quite sure what they mean by additional modications required. I tried researching but couldn’t find clarification on this part anywhere.

Do I need to install a separate aftermarket speedometer calibration module or does the ford performance tuner include speedo calibration feature for 37 KO2’s?

Thanks for your help
Sponsored

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ford performance tuner will calibrate for the the 37" tires.
I have 37" recon grapplers and the speedo is spot on with gps.
Didn't need anything extra.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As BryantC mentioned the device and calibration from Ford Performance will be able to calibrate your speedo for the 37's without any issues. If you're looking at picking up a device we have plenty in stock and ready to ship. They also just got CARB certified so all 2021-2023 broncos are 50 state legal when running the Ford Performance calibration.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
m-12655-f_2.jpg

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I have changed the wheel size in Forscan would this do anything different?

Sponsored

AJBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As BryantC mentioned the device and calibration from Ford Performance will be able to calibrate your speedo for the 37's without any issues. If you're looking at picking up a device we have plenty in stock and ready to ship. They also just got CARB certified so all 2021-2023 broncos are 50 state legal when running the Ford Performance calibration.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration 2.7L for 37’s speedo calibration? m-12655-f_2

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration 2.7L for 37’s speedo calibration? m-12655-f_2
So I bought the procal 4 from you all l, I was able to do the tune easily. But how do I do the 37 inch tire set up?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I bought the procal 4 from you all l, I was able to do the tune easily. But how do I do the 37 inch tire set up?
Hello, thank you for your support. It is on the device while plugged in to your obd2. I can find our Procal and plug it in later to find the exact directory if needed. :)

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diagnostics and tools, tire/gear adjust, input tire size

brockbrock

Base
First Name
brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Hello, I brought Procal4 to use in China, but I'm unable to upgrade content online, and it seems that the vehicle connection features are restricted as well. My Bronco VIN starts with the number 1. Is there a way to resolve this?

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should the vehicle be running when making his change or just in acc mode?

Edit: searched and found that is should be On but not running.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi guys,

I recently put 37s on my Wildtrak and was looking to get the speedo recalibrated but came across the Ford Performance tune.

On the Ford Performance website, one of the features if this tune is “Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 size (579 revolutions per mile) [Additional modifications required]”. But I wasn’t quite sure what they mean by additional modications required. I tried researching but couldn’t find clarification on this part anywhere.

Do I need to install a separate aftermarket speedometer calibration module or does the ford performance tuner include speedo calibration feature for 37 KO2’s?

Thanks for your help

"Additional modifications required" probably means you will need to modify the suspension to be able to fit the 37" tires. Basically, to not confuse people into thinking just bc they have the tuner, that they can stuff 37" tires under a base 2.7 truck. The tuner will enable you to calibrate for the change to 37" tires, but not the physical ability to stuff them under the truck.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
So mine doesn’t say “tire size” it says rev/mile and it’s set at 606. I have a 2.3l Basesquatch and recently upgraded my tires to Nitto RG 37’s. And I don’t know what to set the rev/miles to.

WowPaul

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ford performance tuner will calibrate for the the 37" tires.
I have 37" recon grapplers and the speedo is spot on with gps.
Didn't need anything extra.
Did you order the spare for the back and did it fit under the break light?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So mine doesn’t say “tire size” it says rev/mile and it’s set at 606. I have a 2.3l Basesquatch and recently upgraded my tires to Nitto RG 37’s. And I don’t know what to set the rev/miles to.
This is a bit older reply, but this calculator can get you pretty close - be it revs/mile for ProCal or circumference in mm for Forscan. You may still need to tweak it a bit to get it exact.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/
Sponsored