First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far so good! I was able to calibrate my tires to 37” and after driving around with the tune, my bronco doesn’t feel heavy anymore with the added weight from the tires! It feels more responsive than stock as well!
Hey nice post. Do you mind sharing the setting you used to move to the 37"s? I've been finding it hard to source any winter options in the 37"s. Any recommendations for snow and ice?
Thanks
Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.7L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here.

Thanks!
m-12655-f_3.jpg
Goooood Morning, BRONCO OWNERS!

It's a new week which means NEW SALES HAVE STARTED for our absolutely bonkers BLACK FRIDAY Sales deals here at Lethal Performance!!

If you were looking to tune your 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco, there is NO BETTER time than NOW!
We're offering the Ford Performance tune kit for $599.99 2-day SHIPPED here at Lethal Performance!
CLICK ME FOR MORE POWER!!!!!!!
Improve power and shifting (for the autos of course) in both the 2.3L and 2.7L variant Broncos! This tune can be completed in minutes and can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician).

2.3L:
Peak torque = 385 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 330 HP at 5,500 RPM
2.7L:
Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM
BOTH ADD:
Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile). [Additional modifications required.]
Ability to change axle ratio/FDU up to 5.38
Enables upgrade of M190 to M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module
Keep in mind this is using PREMIUM FUEL! The shift schedule alone is worth the re-flash!

Check them out in the link(s) below!

2.7L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.7L) - M-9603-B27

2.3L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.3L) - M-9603-B23

FordPerformance (1).jpg

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As many others have said, the shift schedule alone is worth the price of entry. First thing I noticed was the whining and whirring in low gear followed by clunking into gear is gone. The shifting is now seamless, linear and smooth.

Aside from that, the gain in power is definitely notable, and that's just in the standard mode. No scientific measurement, but I gained upwards of 1-2 MPG.

Unless FP / Borg Warner offer a set of larger turbos, the FP tune and S&B filter is all I need for the 2.7L engine, and if I need more, there's Sport Mode, but I don't see the need for an IC or CAI.

Last edited:

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought my Pro Cal from Lethal Performance and had it sitting around for several months. Finally was able to get it installed at the dealership for $155 (1 Hour labor). It has been installed for about 3 weeks now. As several have mentioned the shifting improvements in the 10 speed are tremendous! Definitely worth the price of admission and even more so at the current sale price which is less than I paid. The seat of the pants HP/TQ improvement is nice too. Nothing that will blow you away, but still a nice bump in power IMHO. That along with the transmission just behaving and shifting so much better, smoother, and with less gear jumping is a such a pleasure to drive. Wish I had done it sooner. Now to get my Eibachs and my new wheel/tire combo installed and test out the Pro Cal for changing tire sizes!

BayouBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any warranty issues at all with this tune installed? Also, how does a Ford Performance warranty differ from the regular factory warranty (per Lethal's post above: "can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician")?

I have been hovering over the buy button all weekend.

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I posted this on a different thread, but since it seems to be coming up here too, i thought i would try and help....so, this is what i learned...

Wow....i didn't realize how muddy the water is with these FP tunes and Ford warranties. I was reading about it on the Mustang and Ranger forums in regards to the 2.7 ecoboost. Below is the Ranger thread i just read. I think I understand now. Under 3yrs/36k, any issues to the Bronco, that is caused by the FP tune, is picked up by the FP warranty. After the bumper-to-bumper warranty expires, any issues caused by the FP tune is on your dime, BUT you don't lose your powertrain warranty....it remains intact. If you have a powertrain issue, and it is NOT caused by the FP tune, then your powertrain warranty will cover the repair(s). I guess the trick here is rather or not the issue is blamed on the FP tune under the powertrain warranty period....

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ford-performance-pack-warranty-what-does-it-cover.11111/

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's how this reads to me....

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review Screenshot_20231120_160956_Write on PDF

BayouBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, CrazyPete - great find! I suppose it is impossible to predict what Ford might decide in the future is an "adverse impact" from the tune, but it's good to see some specific language on the topic. It is interesting that it specifically says that Ford Performance parts are considered aftermarket parts.

It doesn't make the buy decision any easier for the 2.7L tune though!

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone had any warranty issues at all with this tune installed? Also, how does a Ford Performance warranty differ from the regular factory warranty (per Lethal's post above: "can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician")?

I have been hovering over the buy button all weekend.
Just drove 1600 miles with the FP installed. So much smoother and just enough extra juice to make the 2.7 come alive. Hit the button!

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, CrazyPete - great find! I suppose it is impossible to predict what Ford might decide in the future is an "adverse impact" from the tune, but it's good to see some specific language on the topic. It is interesting that it specifically says that Ford Performance parts are considered aftermarket parts.

It doesn't make the buy decision any easier for the 2.7L tune though!
I hear ya. I'm still leaning towards getting the FP tune. I just have a hard time believing that Ford would screw over one of it own companies, but if it can get them out of warranty coverage, then maybe. The flip side, a bad customer experience travels fast nowadays too.

Sponsored

BayouBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, I just ordered the tune from Lethal Performance. I have read everything about the tune I can find, and I think that warranty concerns are valid (Ford could do a much better job clarifying the warranty implications!), but it's an acceptable risk. I will have a dealer/ASE tech do the installation and I'll follow the warranty registration process.

Ultimately, I want the power and transmission benefits and the ability to program a slightly larger tire size. The ASS setting memory and the DTC reading are also nice to have.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LETHAL PERFORMANCE DELIVER IN QUÉBEC CANADA ???
tracktoy

SloppyJoes

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we have confirmation the current FPT will work on the 24's? I'm assuming they will. Considering having the dealer install it when my Wildtrak comes in and before I even pick it up. I have a 150 now and know all too well the weird 10-speed trans funkiness.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have confirmation the current FPT will work on the 24's? I'm assuming they will. Considering having the dealer install it when my Wildtrak comes in and before I even pick it up. I have a 150 now and know all too well the weird 10-speed trans funkiness.
I recall there was a lag for certifying the 2023's. I think Ford has to certify every model year.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com