Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Bronco, 14 Honda Pilot, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting one but haven't pulled the trigger...bonus is that I ordered their sun shade which is awesome and I believe it uses the same clips so switching seems like it would be super easy
@Dirtydog Can you confirm if the Headliner and Sunshade use the same mounting clips?
Sponsored

Mason09

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr Bronco Badlands/22 Expedition Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Dirtydog Is the Bronco6g Coupon going to be active again? My bronco will be here in 4 weeks and want to order. Thanks!!

felgercarb

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-350 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have not had any complaints with sagging. I am wondering if you have the ladderlocs threaded correctly?
Maybe someone else can chime in and let me know if sagging is a problem.
Mike
Mike, I got my order yesterday and installed last night. No sagging here. Here are a couple of photos of the ladder locks for clarity.
Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top IMG_3988
Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top IMG_3989

felgercarb

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-350 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Dirtydog Can you confirm if the Headliner and Sunshade use the same mounting clips?
Brad, in Mike's newer install video, he mentions that the brackets are also used by the sunshade (see about 1:35 into video):

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brad, in Mike's newer install video, he mentions that the brackets are also used by the sunshade (see about 1:35 into video):

In the video he says "going to", which sounds like there may be a new generation of sunshade.

In the linked sunshade install video, the brackets look different. He mentions in the sunshade vid he's putting on the soft top shade which is different from the hard top shade. Maybe that is the difference?

It would be great to have identical headliner and sunshade (besides the obvious fabric difference) that share the same brackets and installation steps. That would make it very easy to switch between the two for winter and summer.

At the very least, 1 set of brackets that can stay on the Bronco that work with both style of liners.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removed the headliner and put on the Mesh Shade today!

Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top 337ABFB8-6199-4FFE-B4E4-75DA32605E5E

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you conform that they use the same brackets??
Yes I can. I kept the ones from the headliner on and used them instead of the ones supplied with the shade. I asked somewhere in this thread before I bought the shade. Main selling point was being able to use the same mounts.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone with a light bar installed this product? Was wondering does it help with this. The lightbar causes the flap flap noise from the air coming off it. I would like to quiet it down and honestly in the Miami heat, my top is not coming off in the day. Maybe at night, but def not during the day.

Also, I am 6'4 1/2 I have read through this and I am concerned about headroom. I have no issues now, but how much headroom does this cut out? Again I am in Miami so cold is not a issue. Heat in abundance lol. I am concerned about the noise level with my lightbar. Would like to tone that down any way possible.

Last edited:

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Removed the headliner and put on the Mesh Shade today!

Ford Bronco New product release: Dirtydog 4x4 Headliner for Soft Top 337ABFB8-6199-4FFE-B4E4-75DA32605E5E
How are you liking the sunshade? I’m considering it for the same reason, I just ordered the headliner so using the same attachments is a big plus. Do you leave it on full time with the soft tip or take on and off? Can you remove it with the soft top on? Appreciate the insight

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are you liking the sunshade? I’m considering it for the same reason, I just ordered the headliner so using the same attachments is a big plus. Do you leave it on full time with the soft tip or take on and off? Can you remove it with the soft top on? Appreciate the insight
I leave it on full time, but yes you can remove it, but I won’t until I put the headliner back on. I love it, seeing it compared to several others I’ve seen this week in MOAB, this on looks the tightest, no sag. It definitely helps keep the heat down and sun off you.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I leave it on full time, but yes you can remove it, but I won’t until I put the headliner back on. I love it, seeing it compared to several others I’ve seen this week in MOAB, this on looks the tightest, no sag. It definitely helps keep the heat down and sun off you.
Thanks for the info!

I plan to lay the headliner over the sun shade. I've seen posts where people have done this.

OP
OP
Dirtydog

Dirtydog

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydog4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2021 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Dirtydog

Dirtydog

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydog4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2021 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info!

I plan to lay the headliner over the sun shade. I've seen posts where people have done this.
I guess its possible. You can't strap it down but the magnets will hold done the sides.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess its possible. You can't strap it down but the magnets will hold done the sides.
I should clarify: I plan to put the headliner over the sunshade during road trips in the summertime. For example: we have a 16 hour road trip to FL in the Bronco, with limited storage. I leave the sun shade on 100% of the time in the summer. So for the drive I will lay the headliner over the sunshade as I've seen other use blankets, etc to cut down the highway noise. Then store the headliner once I get to my destination. So essentially, its temporary during highway driving.

In the winter, I'll remove the sunshade then use the headliner full time. Maybe take it off if there are nice weather days.

Sharing feedback from customers if it helps you for product development of use cases.
Sponsored