Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the 2021 bronco big bend. Never had an issue with my phone connecting wirelessly to Apple cap play until this last update. There is now a new WiFi listed and of course it wants you to pay monthly to use it. It automatically connects to Bluetooth but it will not connect to car play. My phone says it’s connected to car play but it is not on the screen that it is. It seems to change daily of different things I have to do to get it to connect. I refuse to pay for the WiFi. Is anyone else having issues since the new update? And what were the steps you used for it to automatically connect?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard Reboot your phone and headunit. Usually fixes these issues.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes I had to disconnect battery. Walk away with key fob and come back in 5 min. Once it all came
Back on I was able to connect to the head unit. Also I deleted my phone from the head unit before the battery disconnect.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 2021 bronco big bend. Never had an issue with my phone connecting wirelessly to Apple cap play until this last update. There is now a new WiFi listed and of course it wants you to pay monthly to use it. It automatically connects to Bluetooth but it will not connect to car play. My phone says it’s connected to car play but it is not on the screen that it is. It seems to change daily of different things I have to do to get it to connect. I refuse to pay for the WiFi. Is anyone else having issues since the new update? And what were the steps you used for it to automatically connect?
Mine does this every once in a while. On the bronco screen I just click something like: settings>apps>car play and it reconnects.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The entire entertainment system is shit because it's designed to collect data while being connected to something else that was designed to collect data. Its a big ole data collection cluster fuck. That's my theory and I'm right.
Ford's execution of the connected vehicle is garbage! Fact checked by my use of it

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The entire entertainment system is shit because it's designed to collect data while being connected to something else that was designed to collect data. Its a big ole data collection cluster fuck. That's my theory and I'm right.
Ford's execution of the connected vehicle is garbage! Fact checked by my use of it
You’re holding back, tell us how you really feel.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

your tinfoil is too tight my guy

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re holding back, tell us how you really feel.
😆 challenge excepted
Pisses me off when companies release stuff that isn't tested.
More aggravating when they move on to other projects without fixing the crap they put out
Unless they make these systems work the way they are marketed to work, my wallet is going to have a compatibility issue with Ford when I get another vehicle in 18 months

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't mess with me, I'm in a mood. Damn thing wouldn't stay connected at all today. 😆
You can turn off all the data collection. Unfortunately if you have a smart phone you’re already being tracked 24/7. It sucks but unless you only use your phone and then turn airplane mode on then there’s no getting away from it.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😆 challenge excepted
Pisses me off when companies release stuff that isn't tested.
you forgot to hit the caps lock to show emphasis

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can turn off all the data collection. Unfortunately if you have a smart phone you’re already being tracked 24/7. It sucks but unless you only use your phone and then turn airplane mode on then there’s no getting away from it.
I don't care about being tracked. I have nothing to hide.
The one thing I expect the Sync system to do is play the music I choose. It won't do it.
Being able to connect a phone to play the music you want is not cutting edge. Somehow, Ford found a way to screw it up. I believe it has to do with them trying to do too much with it and that includes data. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact that it doesn't work properly. I don't care what the reason is. I want it fixed so it works the way they said it work. It wasn't inexpensive!

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't care about being tracked. I have nothing to hide.
The one thing I expect the Sync system to do is play the music I choose. It won't do it.
Being able to connect a phone to play the music you want is not cutting edge. Somehow, Ford found a way to screw it up. I believe it has to do with them trying to do too much with it and that includes data. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact that it doesn't work properly. I don't care what the reason is. I want it fixed so it works the way they said it work. It wasn't inexpensive!
Connect your phone via Bluetooth ? I use wireless CarPlay, I give it 10 seconds to boot up and it connects every time. Then I plug my phone in.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Connect your phone via Bluetooth ? I use wireless CarPlay, I give it 10 seconds to boot up and it connects every time. Then I plug my phone in.
I've had the salesman, sales manager and service manager in my vehicle trying to get it to work. Others have tried, all have failed to get it to work.
I was told to wait for an update and if that didn't fix it, they would look into replacing "stuff"
Same phone works fine in my wife's vehicle and my f150 with sync 3

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

User name checks out. 👍🏼
Sponsored