Sponsored

Music cutting out. Car Play / Bluetooth / iPhone issue?

4LifeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else had issues with their music cutting out? During playback the music will continually cut in and out. This has happened with multiple phones so I know it’s not the phone and the lyrics are continuing as it cuts out so I know it’s not my music. Any help is much appreciated, thank you 👊🏼
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone else had issues with their music cutting out? During playback the music will continually cut in and out. This has happened with multiple phones so I know it’s not the phone and the lyrics are continuing as it cuts out so I know it’s not my music. Any help is much appreciated, thank you 👊🏼
Hi there. This audio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Continually? No. Occasionally Bluetooth won’t reconnect. And once or twice the radio just went completely blank and all sound stopped.
When the BT cuts out I just plug the phone in.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I connect directly. But my wife uses her phone in Bluetooth. Her phone will initially connect without any problems. But if we make a quick stop, turn off the bronco for a bit then upon restart and reconnect the Bluetooth music constantly cut in and out. It’s annoying.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Continually? No. Occasionally Bluetooth won’t reconnect. And once or twice the radio just went completely blank and all sound stopped.
When the BT cuts out I just plug the phone in.
Another option: Press and hold the "power" and "forward skip" buttons for 5-10 seconds, to force an infotainment system reset.

Not sure if the problem is on Ford's end or Android Auto (in my case), but if you overload the system it just doesn't work that well. I'm thinking of using Maps, listening to a podcast, and then receiving a call. Far from seamless.

Learn to use the reset. This should be called out in the "quick start" owner's manual, in my opinion, given how often it's needed.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I connect directly. But my wife uses her phone in Bluetooth. Her phone will initially connect without any problems. But if we make a quick stop, turn off the bronco for a bit then upon restart and reconnect the Bluetooth music constantly cut in and out. It’s annoying.
Good afternoon. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this bluetooth concern for you. Thanks!

HmrHmr23

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlackWidow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have the automatic software update turned on, and all of a sudden our music is cutting in and out doesn’t matter which iPhone is connected to it cuts in and out sometimes a lot sometimes a little less I also have a Ford F150 with the sink system, and I noticed this is happening on it as well. Was there recently a software update?

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We have the automatic software update turned on, and all of a sudden our music is cutting in and out doesn’t matter which iPhone is connected to it cuts in and out sometimes a lot sometimes a little less I also have a Ford F150 with the sink system, and I noticed this is happening on it as well. Was there recently a software update?
Same here. My Raptor has been making horrible robotic glitchy noises sometimes randomly and also every time I use the parking cameras or put it in reverse.

pearlsnap

Wildtrak
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I listen to music through CarPlay all the time and in certain areas my Bluetooth will disconnect for a second or two then reconnect. Lyrics keep going as normal during the silence. Every once in a while it will disconnect CarPlay but it usually reconnects right after.

I was frustrated at first thinking there was an issue but I started noticing it was in the same exact spot every time. Now I just expect it to drop out in those areas.

It’s still frustrating but I’m guessing there is another stronger signal in that area that blocks the Bluetooth so I assume it’s not a Ford problem.
Sponsored