Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi all. I have been an android user for years and just replaced my Google Pixel 3xl (which charged wirelessly with absolutely no problem) with an iPhone 13 pro. The wireless charging is almost unusable. Every couple minutes the phone disconnects from the wireless charging. The iPhone is not hot and it has not moved in the charging base. I have searched and read about others having this issue but can't find a fix, other than replacing the charging base with a non-factory wireless charger.
Has anyone had any luck or gotten any feedback from Ford?
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not had any issue with my 13 Pro Max and the wireless charger.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got a iPhone 13 Pro that's been working well on the factory wireless charger. I only mention so that you know that the same config works on some vehicles.

Unrelated to charging, I've noticed that the Bluetooth connection between my phone and the Bronco gets interrupted for a few hundred yards as I drive past the local highway department. They have a tower with a bunch of antennas, so I assume there's some sort of interference with that.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following. My Bronco and Mach E factory chargers are identical in that they don't work. The charge constantly drops until I move my phone around just a pinch, and then it connects again for a short time. Obviously a Ford issue if I have it in both vehicles. iPhone 13pro, but it also did it with our 12's.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What type of case do you have on the phone? You may need to make sure you have a "Mag Safe" compatible case. Don't have my Bronco yet, but it has made a difference with other wireless charging.

OP
OP

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What type of case do you have on the phone? You may need to make sure you have a "Mag Safe" compatible case. Don't have my Bronco yet, but it has made a difference with other wireless charging.
Yeah. It’s a MagSafe case.

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Apple leather MagSafe case. I’ve even tried without the case. Same outcome.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

not sure what to tell you about it if you're using the ford-provided wireless charger, but I can tell you that the usb ports down on the console do not put out the voltage that they're supposed to. they allow connections and will charge, but at anywhere from 400-600 mA, vs the 1.5 A that most phones and wireless chargers expect these days. I fixed the goofiness on mine by running a longer cable from a 12v connector in the armrest, vs using the ones in front of the shifter. Hope that helps.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an iPhone 13 pro and it doesn’t not overheat on the factory wireless charger, with or without case.
Sponsored