Sponsored

USB A and C port not working (Near wireless charging pad)

Bronkyto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2022 Cayenne S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

have not been able to get the usb port near the wireless charging pad to work since picked up my Bronco a year ago. Dealers in LA want the truck for at least 4 days to “diagnose” which is not practical and trying to find a solution if can fix on my own. Any help would be appreciated. Ford service is pretty much worthless.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife’s explorer had the same problem. My dealer fixed it in an hour

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all,

have not been able to get the usb port near the wireless charging pad to work since picked up my Bronco a year ago. Dealers in LA want the truck for at least 4 days to “diagnose” which is not practical and trying to find a solution if can fix on my own. Any help would be appreciated. Ford service is pretty much worthless.
Have you checked the fuse?
It is a warranty issue. Ford's service is not worthless...the dealer you went to falls into that category. Make an appointment with another dealer. I would think it is an easy fix...one of those wait in the lounge when they do it kinda fixes.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,

Mine has not worked since day one either (will be 2 years in Oct.). I have tried to get it in a couple times to have them look at it but what happens is I have to get it on their schedule which is usually about 10-12 weeks out and then they tell me they will need it for at least a week to diagnosis it. Ultimately I have been content with the wireless android auto connection and I just run a charger from my center console.

OP
OP

Bronkyto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a warranty issue. Ford's service is not worthless...the dealer you went to falls into that category. Make an appointment with another dealer. I would think it is an easy fix...one of those wait in the lounge when they do it kinda fixes.
Plan to do this later today. Based on the fuse box seems to be fuse 125 or 139 I believe.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bronkyto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has not worked since day one either (will be 2 years in Oct.). I have tried to get it in a couple times to have them look at it but what happens is I have to get it on their schedule which is usually about 10-12 weeks out and then they tell me they will need it for at least a week to diagnosis it. Ultimately I have been content with the wireless android auto connection and I just run a charger from my center console.
This is exactly what’s been going on for me. Have called 5 nearest dealers with the same expectation. I have also been running the wireless charger and dash at times where need a faster charge. At this point if a cheap fix rather do it myself than waste a week at the dealer

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just checked all the fuses that the diagram indicates are for the usb/aux power. All are good. Yesterday my son was charging while playing pokemon go and said "it stopped charging". Power to the (aftermarket) wireless charger pad also went out.
I'll remove the wireless charging pad to see if it or one of its wiring harnesses is the culprit, since it is aftermarket. Hoping that it's just a case of mabbett quality. Now I just need to find the factory plastic tray.
Sponsored