First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone experienced their phone charging pad overheating their phone? This has been happening to me repeatedly. Solutions?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn't surprise me a bit. Wireless charges in general get pretty hot.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it’s a weak field so the phone doesn’t get enough juice to really charge and it creates heat. Not really healthy for the phone long term. You’ve got two options. One is to plug the phone in with a cable, and the other is to replace the charging pad with one that’s rated for your phone and hardwired in (there’s a thread in here somewhere where the guy provides directions)

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory charger is garbage. Really all there is to it. No solutions to keep using the factory setup. I was excited about the feature and quickly moved on.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old iPhone would get extremely hot and cause problems and it would quit charging sometimes (10 xs). I broke it, so I had to get a new one (13 Pro Max). It does not get hot, but it will charge a few minutes and then quit. If you pick it up and put it back down it will start charging again. My wife's phone does the same thing. At first I thought it was just moving, but after testing that is not the problem. I think Ford should replace all of these under warranty as they clearly are junk based on what I am reading. I have a cheap one on my desk and it works fine. This is kind of pathetic.

Thanks for reposting that link. I wish I knew about this when I installed the trailer brake controller as it looks like it involves removing all the same pieces. 🤷
Sponsored