Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious to see if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I put my iPhone 11 on the wireless charger in the Bronco, it will hardly charge the device and make the phone extremely hot to the touch.

I use wireless charging for this phone all the time with no issues but the Bronco Charger is the only place I have issues.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious to see if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I put my iPhone 11 on the wireless charger in the Bronco, it will hardly charge the device and make the phone extremely hot to the touch.

I use wireless charging for this phone all the time with no issues but the Bronco Charger is the only place I have issues.
Yeah. does get quite hot. I've resorted to using a short 1ft USB-C cable as I care about charging speed over convenience. It barely charges my Samsung S21 ultra at all. my guess is its an alignment issue, but havent checked it out in any fashion.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same issue with my Android. Tried without case, with case, wireless android auto on and off. Wireless android auto did make it get hotter, but it was still hot without it. I'm doing same as Thomas and using a usb cable. so much for wireless charging....

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Battery still goes down just at a slower rate and yes it gets hot. Used it once and never will again . It a shame great idea just doesn't work.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 4X4, 16 Mercedes Benz S550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. I got the Temperature warning once and it was inoperable until it cooled down.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read that it was related to using the map apps while charging but cannot confirm.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wireless charging + Apple CarPlay will make an iPhone hotter than just charging alone. It's this way in my BMW as well.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My iPhone 12 Pro Max and 13 pro also don’t really charge. They charge for maybe 20 mins and then get really hot and stop charging. Wireless CarPlay doesn’t make them hot at all when they’re off the charger.

I just did a 14 hour drive on Saturday. Phone died near the end. Could only get the wireless charger to work for like 30 mins of the drive.
Sponsored