First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had success with reliably using the GAIA GPS app with the Apple Car Play feature in their Bronco? If I can get the verbal guidance feature to work in my vehicle then the sentences do not finish or have segments missing. Also, when I have the satellite view on my phone active, I get the standard map view on my vehicle touchscreen. The integration is really garbage in my view and I am hoping I am missing something very basic.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While off-roading I have found Gaia only works reliable if you first put your phone in airplane mode. It doesn’t seem to like losing and later regaining internet access. Hope that helps.

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gaia's carplay support is buggy in general and I have experienced all of these issues in other cars.

OP
OP
Emmitt

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gaia's carplay support is buggy in general and I have experienced all of these issues in other cars.
Thanks. That gives me a little comfort in knowing that I am not missing some silly setting or something like that :)

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. That gives me a little comfort in knowing that I am not missing some silly setting or something like that :)
Yeah I reached out to them about the map issue sometime last summer and they had me do some basic troubleshooting but by the time they responded it had started showing the correct map... but then sometimes it still doesn't show MY map.

I've been using Gaia for years, but I don't often use it with carplay either. I have a rugged android phone I use on my side by side, bike, etc.
Sponsored