Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I had to disconnect battery. Walk away with key fob and come back in 5 min. Once it all came
Back on I was able to connect to the head unit. Also I deleted my phone from the head unit before the battery disconnect.
Thank you, I will try that and see if it doesn't fix it.

OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol, was given that nickname about 40 years ago. Had mono and scarlet fever in the same year. Some people don't know my actual name
Good gracious, that was a helluva mix. Reading through the thread, sorry, didn't mean to touch a nerve with this whole thing. I honestly don't even know what sync does...is it an app? I mean I know that it is supposed to come with it and I remember the dealer talking a little about it but I couldn't ever figure it out so I gave up. As you can tell, I have absolutely noooo expertise in tech.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had problems connecting to car play and it turned out the be the vpn settings on the phone. Try this:
On your phone go to settings, look for vpn. It should be disconnected. If it says connected that’s the problem.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you, I will try that and see if it doesn't fix it.
You don’t need to pull battery to do a reset. Hold the power and seek forward buttons for 10 seconds and the head unit will reboot. If that doesn’t work use the settings menu to do a master reset. This will erase your phone and all settings.

Sponsored
OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You don’t need to pull battery to do a reset. Hold the power and seek forward buttons for 10 seconds and the head unit will reboot. If that doesn’t work use the settings menu to do a master reset. This will erase your phone and all settings.
Even better. I will try that tomorrow. Thank ya!!

OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had problems connecting to car play and it turned out the be the vpn settings on the phone. Try this:
On your phone go to settings, look for vpn. It should be disconnected. If it says connected that’s the problem.
I wondered if that may be it as well. I have been having problems with my VPN connecting to anything. I noticed the problem about two weeks ago on my phone. However, the problem from my bronco didn't start until the system was updated. I did go into my VPN this morning and added the network to trusted. It seemed after that was when I was able to get it to work. However, like the post says, every day seems to have something different work...I'm just tired of spending 20 minutes trying to figure out what that something is.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I turn my vpn app on , it stays on even if I turn it off with the same app. I have to go to settings to actually turn it off.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The entire entertainment system is shit because it's designed to collect data while being connected to something else that was designed to collect data. Its a big ole data collection cluster fuck. That's my theory and I'm right.
Ford's execution of the connected vehicle is garbage! Fact checked by my use of it
My iphone and carplay works perfectly. Wonder what the difference is?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My iphone and carplay works perfectly. Wonder what the difference is?
If we knew that, I never would have posted in here.
Parts from different manufacturers because of supply issues?

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, was given that nickname about 40 years ago. Had mono and scarlet fever in the same year. Some people don't know my actual name
Fair enough. These computer gremlins are always confusing. Hope you figure it out.
Sponsored