First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've finally saved up a good amount to put some upgrades into my bronco. My first thought was tires, but the sizing is pretty confusing. Wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm on the right track.

I have a base model non sas. I've read the largest tires that can fit without lifting are 35s if you remove the crash bars. And to get 35 tires, you need to upgrade to 17 wheels. I'm looking on Tire Rack and the wheels come with a -12mm offset which would be cool. Do I need to do any other modifications to accommodate the offset?

Additionally, does anyone have thoughts on putting in a lift kit and risking getting denied warranty payments? Would be cool to add a couple inches up in the air.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Here's the wheels I was looking at: https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...ilterOffset=All&filterAvail=All&sort=Featured
Sponsored

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you go with a -12 offset and bigger tires, there's a good chance your tires are going to stick out past the fender flares. Some people like it, and some states have different laws as far as how much is legal. You might want to consider going with the sas flares. As far as the warranty is concerned, I believe a lift will only void the warranty for suspension related problems, but you'll still be covered for the rest of the vehicle.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe your current wheel has a +55 offset, so going with a -12 would push your wheels out 2 and 5/8ths” further with the same width of wheel. Most 35’s are 12.5” wide, which generally needs a wider wheel, so you have to add half of that difference to it also. All in all, you’ll likely end up around 3” wider… which is fine if that’s what you’re after. Just pointing out the math

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which transmission do you have?
Your axle ratios are gonna have a lot to do with whether you’ll be happy with 35s on a non-SAS base.

OP
OP

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which transmission do you have?
Your axle ratios are gonna have a lot to do with whether you’ll be happy with 35s on a non-SAS base.
I have the base of the base models. 2.3 engine with automatic transmission.

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d go with 33s (285/70) as the largest. They’ll look good, especially on wheels with a +30 offset. You’ll be much happier in the long run with these over 35s.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
315/75/16 would be 35” or there abouts.
Tire Rack shows some options and there are plenty others in that size if you search around.

OP
OP

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d go with 33s (285/70) as the largest. They’ll look good, especially on wheels with a +30 offset. You’ll be much happier in the long run with these over 35s.
I'm new to this game, so my mind is always thinking the bigger the better. Why the 33's over the 35s?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm new to this game, so my mind is always thinking the bigger the better. Why the 33's over the 35s?
The axle ratios on your Bronco are setup for use with your stock size tires…….best fuel economy and power. If you go with 35s it’ll feel lower on power and fuel economy will not be good.
A good 285/70/17 in a load range C will be much better and will still look good.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is 285/70/17 on stock suspension. It maybe less expensive to grab a set of takeoff badlands wheels if you like them. That’s what I did $1200 for the set of five with sensors.
Ford Bronco New Wheel Sizes 8D92E2B5-2B43-497D-B82D-0FDE5B8506EC

Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will probably rub with -12 offset on 35s with no lift. Id stick with 33s if you didn't plan on lifting it.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you go with a -12 offset and bigger tires, there's a good chance your tires are going to stick out past the fender flares. Some people like it, and some states have different laws as far as how much is legal. You might want to consider going with the sas flares. As far as the warranty is concerned, I believe a lift will only void the warranty for suspension related problems, but you'll still be covered for the rest of the vehicle.
But if it voids suspension problems, that's what the aftermarket warranty should cover right? If it's there product that failed of course.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with badlands takeoffs: 285/70/17 on my Outer banks for the same reasons mentioned above. It's a good happy medium for improved appearance without giving up too much in consideration of the gear ratio, performance & fuel economy. You can totally throw on 35's but you are going to feel some performance loss. The 33s don't really feel any different & my gas mileage only lost about 1-1.5 MPG on average (combined).. but it looks worlds better.

Here is a before/after to show the improvement even 33s have.

Ford Bronco New Wheel Sizes BeforeAfterWheelssmall

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But if it voids suspension problems, that's what the aftermarket warranty should cover right? If it's there product that failed of course.
Yes, you're correct. Most of the bigger companies should have you covered.
Sponsored