Sponsored

Rubber Spacer for Spare Tire on Swing Gate - Alternative Sizes for Different Wheel Offsets

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi all - random question here. I have new wheels on my First Edition that have a slightly different offset, and the spare tire rubber now no longer meets the rubber spacer sticking out of the Swing Gate. This is meant to absorb shock and reduce movement on bumpy terrain. Can anyone suggest a solution for replacing this or modifying it so it sticks out further and re-establishes contact with the rubber tire?

Talking about the circled parts, here:
Ford Bronco Rubber Spacer for Spare Tire on Swing Gate - Alternative Sizes for Different Wheel Offsets Inkedimg_8103
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for this as well, hoping someone has some insight. Now that my spare is mounted again, I can't see the bolt that holds the existing spacer on. Wondering if I can just insert a couple of fat rubber washers between the current bumper and the tailgate.

Anyone have a good closeup picture of what we're working with? I don't want to have to remove the spare right now if someone has a good photo.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't remember who, but someone here made extensions using round wooden pegs that he cut at the right length with rubber end caps ( like at the end of a cane ) that you can get at the hardware store, worked perfectly. The peg goes inside the original hollow bump stop
Sponsored