Sponsored

Any tips on how best to remove the rubber tailgate spare tire spacer?

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just upgraded my tires to 285/70/17 and need to replace the rubber tailgate reinforcement spacers with the ones that come on squatch and badlands. Does anyone have any tips on how to easily get the existing ones off? It looks like they have a fastener like those pesky ones in the wheel well liners and I don’t want to cut them off. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0970.jpeg
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's a plastic screw inside of a plastic anchor - like a wall anchor you use to hang crap on drywall. It doesn't really engage to thread out.

It's horrible. Just pull really hard and it'll come off. I replaced the plastic screw with a metal screw and it engages much better. A rivet nut would be even better if I had the tool handy.

OP
OP
JojoReady

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a plastic screw inside of a plastic anchor - like a wall anchor you use to hang crap on drywall. It doesn't really engage to thread out.

It's horrible. Just pull really hard and it'll come off. I replaced the plastic screw with a metal screw and it engages much better. A rivet nut would be even better if I had the tool handy.
Thank, I’ll give that a try.
Sponsored