Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: Does anyone have a solution when the gap between the tailgate and the spare tire is 5 1/2". I have Nitto 35x12.50R22 on Fuel wheels with -44 offset, and R/C third taillight extender. I currently have the 1.97" rubber bumpers and there is still a 3 1/2 gap between tire and bumper.šŸ™

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

20230523_201245.jpg
These are a little over 4", still too short I think. Maybe with a rubber ball wedged between the end and the tire?

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/energ...pare-tire-bumper-set-2-9105g/_/R-BDVQ-2.9105G
Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can easily design and 3D print these out of soft TPU in custom sizes and colors, Id just need to get one off for base measurements. Could probably even do extenders that go into the recess of the stock ones for increased length without even taking off the stock ones.

Deleted member 49144

Question: Does anyone have a solution when the gap between the tailgate and the spare tire is 5 1/2". I have Nitto 35x12.50R22 on Fuel wheels with -44 offset, and R/C third taillight extender. I currently have the 1.97" rubber bumpers and there is still a 3 1/2 gap between tire and bumper.šŸ™

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

20230523_201245.jpg

Yeah thatā€™s a massive difference youā€™re trying to overcome. Definitely going to have to fab something up.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah thatā€™s a massive difference youā€™re trying to overcome. Definitely going to have to fab something up.
It's the nuclear option but almost in tire carrier bumper range there.

I've heard my tailgate flexing a bit even with the new tire bumpers and all I did was upgrade from sasquatch to a slightly heavier, less offset wheel & tire combo. I've got a tailgate reinforcement waiting to go on hopefully this week, but I'm still pondering just going with a tire carrier and never having to think about it again.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can't find one, one can be 3d printed out of TPU quite easily and cheaply. Let me know.

TPU is an artificial rubber that holds up well to the elements. Just need you to get dimensions.

Deleted member 49144

It's the nuclear option but almost in tire carrier bumper range there.

I've heard my tailgate flexing a bit even with the new tire bumpers and all I did was upgrade from sasquatch to a slightly heavier, less offset wheel & tire combo. I've got a tailgate reinforcement waiting to go on hopefully this week, but I'm still pondering just going with a tire carrier and never having to think about it again.

You could go @Theherofails route, or you may not have any other choice.

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Theherofails... I would really appreciate your help, if you were offering assistance? I'm an older dude and not knowledgeable of the 3D process, etc. But, I can surely provide dimensions. Please let me know.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails... I would really appreciate your help, if you were offering assistance? I'm an older dude and not knowledgeable of the 3D process, etc. But, I can surely provide dimensions. Please let me know.
Yep, sent you details. Reply back with dimensions and I'll post a model up and then print it for ya.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m working on this, today I ordered one of these bumpers so I can get measurements without having to go without my spare for several days while I design some prototypes, I am planning to work on a complete replacement bumper and also a sleeve/stack on extension that will go over the stock bumper so it can be installed without removing the stock one.

I have a lot of experience with 3D printing and do quite a bit of work with different types of industrial grade materials, and I have several products I sell made from TPU. This shouldnā€™t take long for me to get some prototypes done.

One thing that the community could help with is what sizes most would need, Iā€™m still currently in stock wheels/tires so if those of you with different offsets could measure how much longer from stock there would need to be that would help greatly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.