Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L AT Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Everyone,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

Since I was a teenager, the older style Broncos from the 60’s have always been a dream truck of mine. I’ve never really been a car/truck guy, but I really dug the styling of the older Broncos. When Ford announced the 6th generation version, I was determined that I would get one of them some day.

Unfortunately, when the first round of reservations came around, it just wasn’t the right time. I was in a lease that was ending and I didn’t want to be without a vehicle. I also wasn’t sure that I would be able to afford the payment. So I ended up getting a Nissan Frontier. It was an okay truck. It did what I needed it to do.

I drove the Frontier for about two years and then the used car market started getting crazy. I thought maybe I could trade the Frontier in and upgrade to a Bronco. This was the summer 2021. I got bit by the Bronco bug again. I looked all over for a few months and had no luck finding one. I soon realized that I probably missed my opportunity. I had read the horror stories of the dealer markups and I wasn’t comfortable going through the ordering process only to have someone pull the old switcheroo. In my search for a full size Bronco, I stumbled upon a local dealer with a Bronco Sport Badlands edition. I thought that maybe this would satisfy the Bronco bug.

I went to the dealer and miraculously, they were honoring MSRP. They also offered over $2k more in trade than I had originally paid for the Frontier. I jumped on it because the payment was even less than what I was already paying. The Sport was pretty awesome. I had some fun out in the woods and on some seasonal roads. I got the Sport at the end of July 2021. I was pretty sure that I would never get a full size Bronco. I kept looking and everything was massively overpriced. I knew from visiting this forum that I would probably wait forever if I put in an order and that last minute dealer markup was still happening to a lot of people.

In July of 2022, I was driving to visit my parents and I noticed a Cyber Orange Bronco in the dealership lot by their house. I quickly turned around to at least check it out. I had only actually seen one full size Bronco in person before and wanted to at least check it out. Other than the color, this was the exact truck that I would have ordered for myself (4 door, 2.3L, A/T, hard top, mid package). Three hours later I was the proud owner.

They did have a $5k markup, which I was none too happy about, but my emotions took over reason. They gave me a great deal on the trade for my Badlands Sport. I think it was $3k over what I had originally paid. That helped to soften the blow of the mark up. The payments ended up being about $50/month than I was paying for the Sport.

I have never been a big car/truck guy, but I think that the Bronco might change that. I have been tinkering with things every day. I upgraded the speakers and added a subwoofer. I have added decals, moved the license plate. I plan to add some lights soon. My wife is probably going to kill me if I show her one more modification or if the word “Bronco” crosses my lips again.

C1E1658B-78D2-4CC6-BFB8-DD0AEBC058D6.jpeg

6504B78B-F480-462F-A303-7918B174E51B.jpeg

159E099F-21D7-4B27-967D-682AFFF2E5C5.jpeg

E5E51F66-2C56-42E3-96AE-FC7017C5FB0F.jpeg
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations!!!! Well done! Welcome to the family...

Peters Mill Bronco.jpeg

RPMImages

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, 67 Bronco, 65 Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats!

I had a Bronco Sport too and also assumed I would never get a Bronco. But my order finally got built and I'm glad I made the jump.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! Love hearing how people landed on their bronco. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I read your story!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on acquiring your dream. Welcome & Enjoy :cool:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulation. Don't have wife issues with mods here. She has her own Bronco. My problem is that I have twice the work putting stuff on.
Sponsored