Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So...I am still so glad about my Outer Banks and how everything happened to fall in place for me. So, here's how I actually stumbled into one. If you care to read LOL.

In August of this year my Jeep Renegade was stolen. Broncos were on my mind, but there was no way I was considering getting one anytime soon. The thieves had my car for 6 days, totaled it out, and purposely trashed it, from the looks of it (photos attached). Soon after, I began searching for a Bronco and quickly realized that 23' models were not an option for me and 22' models would be hard to find. (I had no idea the situation going on with Broncos) I originally wanted an Area 51, Black Diamond, but then I realized how popular the color was and wanted something different. So, I knew Eruption Green was my new #1 and if I had to settle I would get Carbonized Gray. I began my search. I spent hours a day searching for Broncos within the price range and with the options I wanted.

I contacted pretty much every Ford in New York, New Jersey, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina! I would search online, find the black diamond I wanted, call the dealership and they wouldn't have it, or it would be a pre-order. So, again I expanded my options; I'll take a Big Bend, Black Diamond, or Outer Banks, upped my price a little too, after getting approved through my bank.

Continued my hours-a-day search for a month! (Really didn't start until Mid September, because my insurance is great and I had a paid rental, green, Mini-cooper for a month! Loved that little car and the green which I think influenced my choice Then one day my coworker says to me "You just need to go on the lot," which I hadn't thought about because I had been on the lots near me and they only had used Broncos for 60k-70k. If I'm spending that much I want the only miles put on there coming from me! Plus, like I said, I was in contact with all these dealerships and I let them know, hey keep me in the loop for any eruption green Broncos you get!

I take his advice and go to the nearest dealership. I drive down the aisle, not hopeful of finding anything and wouldn't you know....they have not one, but TWO Eruption Green Broncos. A Big Bend with less than 1k miles and Black Diamond with a little over 10k miles. I immediately thought...these motherf***** were the first I spoke with and had been in somewhat ongoing communication about this bronco...they were supposed to call me! ANYWAY, I'm so excited that I settle again (didn't want used), I go in and say I want the Big Bend. We talk, I get the guy to come down 4k on the price and I drive off with this Bronco. Elated!!

The next day I have to be back with my check, so I wake up early to start my day and have a text from a dealer in VA. I had talked to this guy, but the price wasn't what I wanted and I determined I didn't like the interior color. Anyway, the guy says "Okay, only today ill go down to __K on this Outer Banks, should I get it ready for you?" (He'd already lowered the price once)I start to delete the text, but I can't get over the fact that I just drove off the lot with a used Big Bend, that cost more than the offer on this brand new Outer Banks. And the Big Bend wasn't more loaded or anything, although I liked the tires on it better; they were obviously upgraded by the first owner.

Anyway (and this is my last “anyway” haha) I go back to my dealership, with check in hand, but I immediately start asking questions about returning the Bronco lol. So, the guy goes "I thought this was your dream Bronco?" So, I decide to be completely honest and tell them what the situation is. The finance guy comes out and is so nice. He simply says, well you technically never paid us...so I'll take the keys back and you're good. I tell my BF to come get me and he's like out of his mind with shock that I returned my dream car, but when we got to VA for the Outer Banks he immediately understood the "sacrifice" of the Big Bend.

I realized the interior, leather Navy pier/gray was actually nice and didn't look bad with the green like I thought it would, and fell in love all over again.

I'm still in shock that I found my dream car, gave it back (with no charge at that!), was led to my dream car again out in VA and picked up my Outer Banks for 5k less than what I paid for a used Big Bend. Feel like the luckiest girl alive (last 4 photos are of Mean Green!)
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 1BFCF5BD-2E73-4B93-B507-554F4DCA2EF1
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 0FBCEC9D-B946-471A-A6DE-465410FF8096
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 80320B36-97B0-4D58-AC17-5607E4E72F43
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 1B90486E-60F6-4C72-A23E-0C010A565B51
Ford Bronco Here's my story... F037F901-BF87-464F-B4D0-9356E7EEC86F
Ford Bronco Here's my story... CBB98BF6-B581-4D51-8C05-5ED53013F3C9
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 1715F68C-EFD9-4EEE-94F2-ED54821DDDE4
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 1139B19C-E525-4AC0-B55F-07366BCF1001
Ford Bronco Here's my story... 731886C3-6DD0-43A8-A353-C58191EAC0B6

Ford Bronco Here's my story... 818F847D-8DCE-4CF0-803B-BF3D992EA77A

Ford Bronco Here's my story... 0C7F4BF6-D12C-41ED-A0B9-A4C976576B9B

Ford Bronco Here's my story... 68F7BBAF-B1F8-4455-9A48-CA71478F047B

A80959BE-2101-444D-BC8D-6E905917203E.jpeg
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations! It's great that you got close to what you wanted. I'm sure it's a pretty tough market right now. Enjoy it!

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Persistence …………..

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds depressing. You should adopt a Quokka to make you feel better. :)

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

great story! why are all your photos tilted?
She is one of Batman’s arch-criminals. Everything in her reality is slightly askew.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats on the Bronco!
Sorry about the scum stealing the Renegade but the interior photos remind me of my wife's Explorer when I cleaned it out to trade it in.😧

Sponsored

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What were the car jackers doing with a stick of Elmers Glue?:)

Congrats and I would invest in some security and some on board cameras for the much nicer Bronco if you are in an area where vehicles get stolen.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not seeing damage on the Jeep that would cause an adjuster to total it...its a few dents, but nothing that's not repairable, and the interior "trashed"? I've seen teenagers car interiors that looked worse...anyway--congrats on the new ride.
Sponsored