Sponsored

Good problem to have? My Bronco story, seeking answers and advice…

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes! Looking for these too! I am totally conflicted and misery loves company. I feel like I would absolutely have to add black rims to stay with Cactus gray…there I said it… which just added another $…I am tapped out without the x-plan 😭🤣!
Jayzus, my typos, that’ll would be “don’t discount the color” and “the 2.3 auto”. I guess I should read before I post. 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jayzus, my typos, that’ll would be “don’t discount the color” and “the 2.3 auto”. I guess I should read before I post. 😂
I completely followed you😀

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jayzus, my typos, that would be “don’t discount the color” and “the 2.3 auto”. I guess I should read before I post. 😂

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservation on Aug 10th 2021
Ordered impulsively on Aug 13th
Received scheduled production date of Dec 6th on Sep 30th.

The 9/30 communique was the only one received (nothing from dealer and nothing from Ford) but it had a VIN…I thought I had more time, but I was lucky to even have a 2021 in production. Especially a BL (4-door, soft top, mint green, 2.3 auto, lux), ordered only a month before, right!

Well, I hadn’t seen the mint green up close until my 2nd test drive—to make sure I was okay with the 4 banger—first test drive and consequently the first live Bronco seen was on 10/2; I had ordered site unseen. I thought the color was more of a Tacoma grey, not minty green. I could tolerate it, but after “Finally” watching a 29 minute you tube video on a 4-door stock BL, I found myself quickly a victim of torque-envy and the potential upside of the 2.7; on the impulsive note, I didn’t even know about/pay attention to the fact the 2.3 came in a manual, as I didn’t make it past the adaptive cruise control “Add” from the build and price. Another prima-donna, I know. My manual days are over, but it would be nice to have the kids learn, since manuals are a dying breed….how many autonomous cars come in stick?

This will be a weekend warrior and mud/ruts, so I was going to be ok with the 2.3; after all it had enough pep in flat South FL—there were no 7s to test drive—I have to consider resale, and everyone not driving a manual wants the 7, right? I try not to speak in definitives, but it was really hard to find a thumbs up for a 4-door auto 2.3…the one saving grace was that Shelby Hall didn’t notice much between the two engines, lol.

I also hadn’t received the nice private offers I was now going to be able to use on my other “lease is up” Ford. That made me rethink this whole idea of settling and the Broncos really seem to be getting scheduled a little more quickly now? Although I am adding 2.7, I would drop the mod bumper.

What now? I’ve read, “you’re screwed” or similar in other threads.

These are selling like hot cakes, so the dealer would be happy to order me another one and take my sooner to be produced minty BL, right?

What would you do? Settle or decline and reorder? How much time am I giving up? Part of me says take the original and sell it and order the one I want, and it’ll help pay for the one I want, but the dealer has dealt with my impulsive-indecisiveness for years, and that just isn’t the right thing to do?

Reading some of the constraint and order threads, I am likely to make it with a Jan 22 production week if I get a next week order?

Are Thursdays the only “order” days?

I sure as heck wish I could just swap engines and colors…..If I do get another order in, In addition to dropping the mod bumpeR, I will be switching to my next favorite color since anti matter blue is no longer available…Carbonized gray!
Tuffy!
Ford Bronco Good problem to have? My Bronco story, seeking answers and advice… 544CFA81-6574-4ED5-8B66-D4DC6131C08C

613F610C-8170-42D7-AC79-259A2024BA61.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, they come with the BD trim, sweet black steelies!
It took a little longer to find a BL with the stock wheels but here it is. I think the black wheels are a world or difference comparatively. What say you?

60CD40A7-3472-4E6D-8099-3B8DCD6ACBF6.png

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took a little longer to find a BL with the stock wheels but here it is. I think the black wheels are a world or difference comparatively. What say you?

60CD40A7-3472-4E6D-8099-3B8DCD6ACBF6.png
The side view mirrors look like they are missing some lights?

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the MIC, how I originally spec’d, the carbonized grey wheels look really good. The struggle continues…Went with the soft top because I figured I would just add it on later, but this may make the decision more difficult 😞

F4062C20-791D-40D7-BD2C-DD03566C6F36.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a great build to me. Take delivery and sell it if you hate it. Might as well place another order while you’re at it if your dealer doesn’t require a huge deposit or something non-refundable. But I’d be fine with driving that Bronco you have coming. And I have a 2.7 Lux currently.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a great build to me. Take delivery and sell it if you hate it. Might as well place another order while you’re at it if your dealer doesn’t require a huge deposit or something non-refundable. But I’d be fine with driving that Bronco you have coming. And I have a 2.7 Lux currently.
Voice of reason strikes again. Thanks for that!

My dealer is not charging deposit and delivering at MSRP (I am getting a modest discount too).

I am sure they will let me order. It is just if I can wait for the other build, and if I have a production date at by the time the Cactus G is delivered, I will likely go with Carb gray. I have some trepidation with the issues in 2.7 but it will covered under warranty for at least 60k 😳

Why will they order another one? I have seen them take $35k 2.3A builds, adding their own lift with 35s and offering them at $70k (not until Feb 2022), so obviously playing the game too. But in all fairness, they are not selling as ordered above MSRP. They are taking their orders and aftermarket modifying.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The side view mirrors look like they are missing some lights?
Easy way to distinguish a std/mid-package from a high/lux package from the outside, never really noticed that before.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy way to distinguish a mid-package from a high/lux package from the outside, never really noticed that before.
Thank goodness for the BL sticker and wheels; otherwise, would not even be able to ID it. I plan on pealing that sucker off and replacing with a Bronco badge.