Sponsored

Funny story about my wife. You have one?

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife won't drive my Bronco!
She is afraid that if she wrecks it I'd divorce her.
We've been married 35 years and she's probably right.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL, I encourage my wife to drive ours and most of the time she prefers to drive her older pick up. Heck I don't' even drive the Bronco that much. We are both kind of afraid if something happens, so hard to get service and parts. Our other vehicles are so much easier to get service and parts for we tend to drive those much more.

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife's QX80 was starting to show some age and was due for a pretty good spend on maintenance. We'd kicked around getting rid of it, but I didn't know how serious she really was. One day while we were in Houston, she randomly said "there's a new car I want to go look at while we're in town." I was thinking she wanted to look at another Mercedes, QX80, etc. Turns out it was a 2023 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. No power locks, windows, etc. Just a bare bones Jeep. Only options were hard top and auto transmission. She loved it so we bought it. The only thing she's added are grab handles and a Sunrider top. I got lucky!

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ditto to all but I have the Bronco and I wouldn’t drive my husband’s truck for fear of divorce (after the heartbreak, cussing, planning for the next truck)! Besides the Bronco is way more fun!

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, your Sequoia needs a roof spoiler, quad exhausts, and flame decals emanating from the front wheels and hood. Oh, yes: wheels with a three-inch smaller diameter.
Don't forget it needs underglow as well!

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flames... it has to have flames, in your wife's color of choice.

As far as funny wife stories, I could type until my fingers bleed.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay. I get in trouble for sharing funny wife stories, but . . .

The year was 1999. We were traveling from home to Fort Davis to visit the State Park, McDonald Observatory, National Historic Site, etc. Stopped at a rest area for a pee break. The wife noticed an information board at the rest area about the Chihuahuan Desert. She asked me why it was called the Chihuahuan Desert, and off the top of my head I came up with a cockamamie story about the desert being filled with marauding packs of wild chihuahuas. I "explained" to her that, much like piranhas, one chihuahua couldn't really hurt you. They travel in packs of hundreds, though. And hundreds of them together can take down deer, cattle, sometimes even humans and eat them leaving only a few bones. I told her that any time she was outside in the area she should keep her eyes open for a dust cloud on the horizon because it could be one of those packs of killer chihuahuas. At the time I had no idea she believed me.

A few days later we are back home. I come home from work one day to find that she is mad at me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"You lied to me!" she screamed. I had no idea what she meant, so I asked. "The chihuahuas! I told them about it at work and THEY LAUGHED AT ME!!"

For some reason she never believes me any more.

Sponsored

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife decided that she needs a lift and bigger tires on her 2022 Santa Cruz.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay. I get in trouble for sharing funny wife stories, but . . .

The year was 1999. We were traveling from home to Fort Davis to visit the State Park, McDonald Observatory, National Historic Site, etc. Stopped at a rest area for a pee break. The wife noticed an information board at the rest area about the Chihuahuan Desert. She asked me why it was called the Chihuahuan Desert, and off the top of my head I came up with a cockamamie story about the desert being filled with marauding packs of wild chihuahuas. I "explained" to her that, much like piranhas, one chihuahua couldn't really hurt you. They travel in packs of hundreds, though. And hundreds of them together can take down deer, cattle, sometimes even humans and eat them leaving only a few bones. I told her that any time she was outside in the area she should keep her eyes open for a dust cloud on the horizon because it could be one of those packs of killer chihuahuas. At the time I had no idea she believed me.

A few days later we are back home. I come home from work one day to find that she is mad at me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"You lied to me!" she screamed. I had no idea what she meant, so I asked. "The chihuahuas! I told them about it at work and THEY LAUGHED AT ME!!"

For some reason she never believes me any more.
Pretty sure everyone from this area has told some variation of that story to the wife or kids. I can't even recall all the things I've made up that have probably stuck with her and I doubt I'll ever know which stories she still believes are true lol

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bradley Thorton,
I have a very funny story about your wife, but I can't tell it as you did not know her then...