Sponsored

Good problem to have? My Bronco story, seeking answers and advice…

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I worked through the build and price (from top to bottom) I immediately selected remote start and did not pay attention to anything other than the price difference. It put me in the auto and it wasn’t until I ordered and got my scheduled production email that I starting watching all the videos on YouTube And realized there was a manual!

I would not part with adaptive cruise control. A must for me, as this will be going on some longer drives, and my knees (especially the right one) loves the adaptive cruise control.
Ok, that makes more sense now. You got pushed into the auto transmission with the remote start. When I read your post last night I thought you got the manual "by accident".

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, that makes more sense now. You got pushed into the auto transmission with the remote start. When I read your post last night I thought you got the manual "by accident".
Thank goodness I didn’t make that mistake. I definitely would be ordering another one in that scenario.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So before you order, have you seen the Oxford White (or whatever color you may order) in person? No coming back here and saying how plain and lacking of color it has, so you are on order 3. :)
I think there is nothing wrong with ordering the way you want if you are okay with waiting, but as many have said I think you could take delivery of your mint green (have not tasted the CG paint to see if it is indeed minty), sell when your updated order comes, and likely break even if not earn cash on the sale. I really hope you understand that you hit the Bronco lottery with getting your build so quick, so I would not be setting your expectations for a January date based on how quickly the BL was picked for build. With that said, if you do get a January build, please make sure to update this thread so I can watch the wildfire that ensues due to you getting 2 Bronco deliveries before those that reserved in the first week.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So before you order, have you seen the Oxford White (or whatever color you may order) in person? No coming back here and saying how plain and lacking of color it has, so you are on order 3. :)
I think there is nothing wrong with ordering the way you want if you are okay with waiting, but as many have said I think you could take delivery of your mint green (have not tasted the CG paint to see if it is indeed minty), sell when your updated order comes, and likely break even if not earn cash on the sale. I really hope you understand that you hit the Bronco lottery with getting your build so quick, so I would not be setting your expectations for a January date based on how quickly the BL was picked for build. With that said, if you do get a January build, please make sure to update this thread so I can watch the wildfire that ensues due to you getting 2 Bronco deliveries before those that reserved in the first week.
Will keep this updated for sure. If not just to see the ensuing fireworks!

Yes, I had a fusion in carbonized/metallic gray and loved it. I have always leased off the lot until this round, so I had always settled, make/model/color.

I do realize I hit the Bronco build lottery, and the mint green really is growing on me.

I just really like the carbonized gray in the BL…everything is that color (stock wheels and grill) and it looks sharp without me having to mod anything.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I had a fusion in carbonized/metallic gray and loved it. I have always leased off the lot until this round, so I had always settled, make/model/color.
If it was a recent Fusion, that gray color was likely Magnetic. I don't believe they had Carb Gray on the Fusion, but I could be mistaken. I personally love that color as well (have it on my F150), but Magnetic has more metallic flake that I saw coming from Carb Gray Bronco and slightly lighter (at least compared to the one I saw in person). If you leave an offering, I believe you can summon Rick Astley who seems to be very knowledgeable about Ford paint. A quick google of CG vs Magnetic should get you a rough idea.

So, moral is, go find a Carb Gray vehicle to see in person to be sure
Sponsored