Sponsored

Good problem to have? My Bronco story, seeking answers and advice…

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservation on Aug 10th 2021
Ordered impulsively on Aug 13th
Received scheduled production date of Dec 6th on Sep 30th.

The 9/30 communique was the only one received (nothing from dealer and nothing from Ford) but it had a VIN…I thought I had more time, but I was lucky to even have a 2021 in production. Especially a BL (4-door, soft top, mint green, 2.3 auto, lux), ordered only a month before, right!

Well, I hadn’t seen the mint green up close until my 2nd test drive—to make sure I was okay with the 4 banger—first test drive and consequently the first live Bronco seen was on 10/2; I had ordered site unseen. I thought the color was more of a Tacoma grey, not minty green. I could tolerate it, but after “Finally” watching a 29 minute you tube video on a 4-door stock BL, I found myself quickly a victim of torque-envy and the potential upside of the 2.7; on the impulsive note, I didn’t even know about/pay attention to the fact the 2.3 came in a manual, as I didn’t make it past the adaptive cruise control “Add” from the build and price. Another prima-donna, I know. My manual days are over, but it would be nice to have the kids learn, since manuals are a dying breed….how many autonomous cars come in stick?

This will be a weekend warrior and mud/ruts, so I was going to be ok with the 2.3; after all it had enough pep in flat South FL—there were no 7s to test drive—I have to consider resale, and everyone not driving a manual wants the 7, right? I try not to speak in definitives, but it was really hard to find a thumbs up for a 4-door auto 2.3…the one saving grace was that Shelby Hall didn’t notice much between the two engines, lol.

I also hadn’t received the nice private offers I was now going to be able to use on my other “lease is up” Ford. That made me rethink this whole idea of settling and the Broncos really seem to be getting scheduled a little more quickly now? Although I am adding 2.7, I would drop the mod bumper.

What now? I’ve read, “you’re screwed” or similar in other threads.

These are selling like hot cakes, so the dealer would be happy to order me another one and take my sooner to be produced minty BL, right?

What would you do? Settle or decline and reorder? How much time am I giving up? Part of me says take the original and sell it and order the one I want, and it’ll help pay for the one I want, but the dealer has dealt with my impulsive-indecisiveness for years, and that just isn’t the right thing to do?

Reading some of the constraint and order threads, I am likely to make it with a Jan 22 production week if I get a next week order?

Are Thursdays the only “order” days?

I sure as heck wish I could just swap engines and colors…..If I do get another order in, In addition to dropping the mod bumpeR, I will be switching to my next favorite color since anti matter blue is no longer available…Carbonized gray!
Sponsored

Last edited:

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reason you probably got scheduled with such a late order is because of how you spec'd your Bronco without constrained items. If you reorder with those constrained items added you'll likely be waiting a much longer time.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. The constraint difference from the 2 builds are nearly identical; the big difference is the engine. And dropping the bumper should help the build date, using the 10/27 constraint table. I only have 2 items on the table, Lux and 2.7 now, compared to Lux/mod bumper which had about the same contrstaint percentages.

I guess I am hoping to have a production date for #2 by delivery for #1…should help make that decision for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cactus gray
Looks amazing with black wheels, black grill, but I plan on keeping it stock. Still Cactus gray?

I haven’t seen a stock Badlands 4-door Mint green, if anyone has a link!?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good sir. Lurking(searching)is a discipline. And it’s okay. More lurkers than not. I think I lurked for a year before I joined this community officially. I posted a thread another year after that and it was about stickers😂

You gotta study before the test.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, and I hope I’m not too old to learn that :)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t seen a stock Badlands 4-door Mint green, if anyone has a link!?
It's probably about the 2nd most popular configuration. Cruise the site a bit and you'll see one.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, and I hope I’m not too old to learn that :)
All good. I can help you out. There’s no such thing as mint green. The website at one point made cactus gray look like mint green. It was off(like many things on site). I’m sure there’s a cactus gray thread so just search it and you’ll get real world pics. Good luck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I sure as heck wish I could just swap engines and colors…..If I do get another order in, In addition to dropping the mod bumpeR, I will be switching to my next favorite color since anti matter blue is no longer available…Carbonized gray!
I think that you should at least take a look at it and take it for a spin. Even with "just the 2.3" you are not significantly restricted on performance (I made 600+ HP at the wheel in 2002 on a 2.0l Honda). Additionally, you don't have to worry about the issues with the 2.7 motors that are happening now. The 2.3 is perfectly capable of making as much power as you might need, and in many respects, when off-roading the automatic offers many advantanges.

I would suggest that you see if it is what you want before you just walk away from it.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 9/30 communique was the only one received (nothing from dealer and nothing from Ford) but it had a VIN…I thought I had more time, but I was lucky to even have a 2021 in production. Especially a BL (4-door, soft top, mint green, 2.3 auto, lux), ordered only a month before, right!

Well, I hadn’t seen the mint green up close until my 2nd test drive—to make sure I was okay with the 4 banger—first test drive and consequently the first live Bronco seen was on 10/2; I had ordered site unseen. I thought the color was more of a Tacoma grey, not minty green. I could tolerate it, but after “Finally” watching a 29 minute you tube video on a 4-door stock BL, I found myself quickly a victim of torque-envy and the potential upside of the 2.7; on the impulsive note, I didn’t even know about/pay attention to the fact the 2.3 came in a manual, as I didn’t make it past the adaptive cruise control “Add” from the build and price. Another prima-donna, I know. My manual days are over, but it would be nice to have the kids learn, since manuals are a dying breed….how many autonomous cars come in stick?

This will be a weekend warrior and mud/ruts, so I was going to be ok with the 2.3; after all it had enough pep in flat South FL—there were no 7s to test drive—I have to consider resale, and everyone not driving a manual wants the 7, right? I try not to speak in definitives, but it was really hard to find a thumbs up for a 4-door auto 2.3…the one saving grace was that Shelby Hall didn’t notice much between the two engines, lol.

I also hadn’t received the nice private offers I was now going to be able to use on my other “lease is up” Ford. That made me rethink this whole idea of settling and the Broncos really seem to be getting scheduled a little more quickly now? Although I am adding 2.7, I would drop the mod bumper.

What now? I’ve read, “you’re screwed” or similar in other threads.

These are selling like hot cakes, so the dealer would be happy to order me another one and take my sooner to be produced minty BL, right?

What would you do? Settle or decline and reorder? How much time am I giving up? Part of me says take the original and sell it and order the one I want, and it’ll help pay for the one I want, but the dealer has dealt with my impulsive-indecisiveness for years, and that just isn’t the right thing to do?

Reading some of the constraint and order threads, I am likely to make it with a Jan 22 production week if I get a next week order?

Are Thursdays the only “order” days?

You would be a fun drinking buddy!
Sponsored