Sponsored

Next Generation of CarPlay "late 2023", when will Ford update us?

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Article: https://9to5mac.com/2023/08/05/new-carplay-interface-features-release/

Apple says that the first cars with support for this next generation of CarPlay will be announced sometime in late 2023. We do, however, know some details on which automakers have signed on to support this new CarPlay interface.
ā€¢ Ford

One thing to remember, however, is that the adoption and implementation details of this new CarPlay are outside of Appleā€™s control. Ultimately, itā€™ll be up to each of these automakers and their respective timelines to roll out the new CarPlay design. And most of those automakers have been quiet on their plans so far.
Soo... @Ford Motor Company what say you? šŸ¤”
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soo... @Ford Motor Company what say you? šŸ¤”
"Sorry, we cannot talk about future product"

---

Obviously it will not be coming to the Bronco for awhile. Gotta be a vehicle with the full-screen experience. 2024+ Mustang perhaps, or maybe one of the EV products.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing to remember, however, is that the adoption and implementation details of this new CarPlay are outside of Appleā€™s control. Ultimately, itā€™ll be up to each of these automakers and their respective timelines to roll out the new CarPlay design. And most of those automakers have been quiet on their plans so far.

shinegifs.gif

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can Ford reconfigure our screens with remote programming?
I love the idea of changing the screen especially the tachometer, that's the one design on our Bronco's that sucks.

Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just randomly got an update yesterday, update #23-PU-0707-SY-LC but cannot find any information on what it did. Could this be it?

I agree with Xjeepowner as well, wish the tach could be changed to traditional style instead of the useless bar graph. My BD screen has so much dead space, don't know why they made the tach the way it is.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for kicks, I've decided to ditch wireless CarPlay for a while. I removed the entries on my iPhone and the Bronco, restarted both units. Reconnected the iPhone and chose not to do wireless carplay (app projection is also disabled). Since then, I've noticed that sometimes even over a cable, CarPlay will not start automatically. I feel like there is pretty good bug on the Bronco side of this. If I take my iPhone right over to my wife's 2021 Explorer (Sync3) it connects instantly.

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can Ford reconfigure our screens with remote programming?
I love the idea of changing the screen especially the tachometer, that's the one design on our Bronco's that sucks.
That's a good question I obviously can't answer but would LOVE some insight and transparency from @Ford Motor Company on things like this. In my software programmer head... they should be able to but w/o zero context as to how the car electronics are coded I have no idea if the driver HUD is in any way connected to the same system that drives the entertainment display. I could see how they would be and certainly understand why they would not be connected.

Ford CEO has officially mentioned they're fully onboard with CarPlay moving forward so... I'm hopeful for future improvements there.
Sponsored