Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to get around to mounting and wiring up my 275. Would love to see a vid on how you connected to the battery and a closer look at that routing path that you took.

I already have my compressor connected there by a pro and always fear battery connections.
I simply zip tied the antenna wire to already existing wire harness's under the hood. Then ran it wherever it would fit behind the dash.

As far as battery connections, it's just red to red and black to black :)
Sponsored

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Tractor, 76 Bronco, 03 Ranger, 20 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I need to get around to mounting and wiring up my 275. Would love to see a vid on how you connected to the battery and a closer look at that routing path that you took.

I already have my compressor connected there by a pro and always fear battery connections.
I have the 275 in my Jeep and the 575 mounted in my Bronco. Both units use the same handset. The handset uses a RJ45 connector so you can do a remote install and run a CAT6 extension cable to have the Mic located somewhere else.

The Mountain2Metal radio bracket makes it very easy to install above the glovebox. If you have the up fitter switches, it is easy to wire the radio to one of the switches. You can also utilize one of the wires that runs from the engine compartment to the passenger foot well as power. (On the engine side, either connect the wire to a wire from Up Fitter switch or to a battery).

I also utilized the Mountain2Metal antenna bracket on my passenger mirror which made for a clean install. The Mountain2Metal bracket for the radio can be installed as is with the 275. I installed a 575 in my Bronco and had to modify the bracket slightly.

I have a write up here:

Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount

It does show the modifications I made for the 575 but, I also show the remote jack I installed for the handset as well as the bracket for the antenna and handset mount.

Hope this helps! I've been very pleased with the radio and used on several trail rides. Has worked very well with no issues.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI - If you're cheap like me, there's plenty of room to secure / zip tie the base unit up under the passenger footwell so you don't to eat glove box space or spend money on what looks to be a very well made bracket.

Noble27

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, If u don’t want that taking up space in your glovebox, @Mountains2Metal makes a mount that will move it up above the glovebox
Thank you for this walkthrough. It helped me install my radio with ease. The only thing I did differently was to route the cable under the top edge of the flooring instead of over the steering wheel. There is a cap that holds the flooring down and will hold the cable as well. I then routed it up the fire wall and use a wire retainer to hold it in place.

Sponsored

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I zip-tied my Midland 275 under the dash (up and outboard of the glovebox). I had to turn the radio's speaker off as it buzzed. Does the M2M bracket eliminate the buzz? Thinking it probably doesn't matter as it is difficult to hear the speaker from behind the dash anyway.

The speaker in the mic works pretty well, but I think I might explore an external speaker...

Also, I built a mount for an antenna on the back gate. Kind of wobbly, so I may modify but there does not seem to be a solution for gate mounted antenna for a Sasquatch equipped Bronco, unless you have some other gate mounted farkle (reinforcement, tire mounted rack, etc).

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I zip-tied my Midland 275 under the dash (up and outboard of the glovebox). I had to turn the radio's speaker off as it buzzed. Does the M2M bracket eliminate the buzz? Thinking it probably doesn't matter as it is difficult to hear the speaker from behind the dash anyway.

The speaker in the mic works pretty well, but I think I might explore an external speaker...

Also, I built a mount for an antenna on the back gate. Kind of wobbly, so I may modify but there does not seem to be a solution for gate mounted antenna for a Sasquatch equipped Bronco, unless you have some other gate mounted farkle (reinforcement, tire mounted rack, etc).
I'm making myself an antenna mount for the swing gate as well. Any chance you can show me your idea? I'm planning on using the brake light to mount mine to. I know I'll have to run a separate ground from the chassis to the bracket since the brake light is plastic.

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the prettiest thing I have ever made, but given i was free-handing it with an angle grinder, I think it came out okay...

Ford Bronco Nice Slick GMRS Radio Install Antenna Mount

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you use the same mic from the 275 on the 575?
Here is a replacement mic that also works on both. Much better menus and noise cancelling.

Ford Bronco Nice Slick GMRS Radio Install 1692946698775
Sponsored