First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting tread and sidewall design. Are these "E" tires? How much do they weigh?

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sidewall is hard to look at. To me it looks like a cheap Chinese SxS tire, and I'm partial to Nittos too. Swing and a miss in my opinion.

Reactions: cbs
OP
OP
ticklemybronco

ticklemybronco

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting tread and sidewall design. Are these "E" tires? How much do they weigh?
They are load range E and they weigh 81lbs

Sponsored
OP
OP
ticklemybronco

ticklemybronco

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sidewall is hard to look at. To me it looks like a cheap Chinese SxS tire, and I'm partial to Nittos too. Swing and a miss in my opinion.
These are stock photos that Nitto provides us. We have hundreds of sets of tires in stock through our dealer network. I’m not quite sure I understand your statement or your question.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are stock photos that Nitto provides us. We have hundreds of sets of tires in stock through our dealer network. I’m not quite sure I understand your statement or your question.
I think he's saying they're ugly. 🤷‍♂️ They do look a little plasticky, which may be the photography/editing of the photo. But the tread on the side is a bit aggressive style-wise, although looking at the clear outs, they certainly look interesting. Maybe on a different rim, they wouldn't look that bad.

Do you know if you can run them at say 0-2psi?

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me be clear, these tires are not my cup of tea. I like Nittos, but not these. In my humble opinion, they are a fugly tire. I am not crapping on your marketing. Nitto just designed an ugly tire for their sellers to bring to market. I am not attacking your business, just commenting that I think the tire could have been designed a bit differently. It seems like it may be polarizing, either love it or hate it.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they are referring to the gator skin textured sidewall. It does look a little like the plastic tires you would find on a PowerWheels or a cheap remote control toy car. Fortunately, It looks as though it's only on one side of the tires. Unfortunately, for tire techs, i'm sure there will be several that have to be remounted because not all will match when they're done mounting all 4(or 5).

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've run them at 4 PSI and never lost a bead. I wouldn't recommend running any tire lower than that without beadlocks.

I think he's saying they're ugly. 🤷‍♂️ They do look a little plasticky, which may be the photography/editing of the photo. But the tread on the side is a bit aggressive style-wise, although looking at the clear outs, they certainly look interesting. Maybe on a different rim, they wouldn't look that bad.

Do you know if you can run them at say 0-2psi?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just need to tell the tire techs which style you want out. After that, it's on the tire techs.

I believe they are referring to the gator skin textured sidewall. It does look a little like the plastic tires you would find on a PowerWheels or a cheap remote control toy car. Fortunately, It looks as though it's only on one side of the tires. Unfortunately, for tire techs, i'm sure there will be several that have to be remounted because not all will match when they're done mounting all 4(or 5).

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing people may not realize is that when you really air these things down, those side claws actually contact the ground.

Let me be clear, these tires are not my cup of tea. I like Nittos, but not these. In my humble opinion, they are a fugly tire. I am not crapping on your marketing. Nitto just designed an ugly tire for their sellers to bring to market. I am not attacking your business, just commenting that I think the tire could have been designed a bit differently. It seems like it may be polarizing, either love it or hate it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have run 3 sets of these things, 2 on Jeeps and 1 on Bronco and you will not find a tougher, more durable tire.
Ford Bronco Nitto 35x12.50R18LT Tire Mud Grappler BSW for Ford Bronco - 200-550 20211118_220856
Ford Bronco Nitto 35x12.50R18LT Tire Mud Grappler BSW for Ford Bronco - 200-550 20211118_220856
I think they look better on the Sas rims. That other rim draws your eyes more to the knobs/snakeskin. The tread pattern looks really good.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing people may not realize is that when you really air these things down, those side claws actually contact the ground.
I am familiar. I run my Ridge Grapplers at 12 psi on the trail.
Sponsored