Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah those 4" speakers in back are my biggest concern. I ordered the wire harness from LLJ, they said about 2 weeks. Was looking at kicker key and kicker 6 3/4" speakers for kick panel.

Would love to go bigger with rear speaker though. I still plan on modeling up some new rear pods to house a set of 6x9's, just sucks that it'll take so damn long to 3d print them. So need to nail the design on first shot.

Also considered some of those cheap (if you can call it that) utv soundbars on Amazon. They aren't as tall as the JBL bar, so won't kill visibility too much.
I was borderline thinking of going with some wakeboard tower speakers with the bullet enclosure.
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was borderline thinking of going with some wakeboard tower speakers with the bullet enclosure.
The BIL and I were looking at those too. He even installed some enclosed speakers at one point. These things:
BOSS Audio Systems AVA6200 Enclosed Speaker System - 3-Way, 200 Watts Max Power Per Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VMV2M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_THNA2KYFG9V5WRXAMW9E
Sounded like shit, so he went for the JBL soundbar.

That's why I'm still considering a way to get 6x9's back there.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah those 4" speakers in back are my biggest concern. I ordered the wire harness from LLJ, they said about 2 weeks. Was looking at kicker key and kicker 6 3/4" speakers for kick panel.

Would love to go bigger with rear speaker though. I still plan on modeling up some new rear pods to house a set of 6x9's, just sucks that it'll take so damn long to 3d print them. So need to nail the design on first shot.

Also considered some of those cheap (if you can call it that) utv soundbars on Amazon. They aren't as tall as the JBL bar, so won't kill visibility too much.
I will say that I hear the rears now which is nice. I turned the gain down on the fronts and left the rear up a little bit. I need to find someone nearby with the stock sound to really compare.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will say that I hear the rears now which is nice. I turned the gain down on the fronts and left the rear up a little bit. I need to find someone nearby with the stock sound to really compare.
Stop by my house, you'll hear how bad stock sounds. Well I got kicker or Pioneer in the rear, but it sounds horrible. Even did the Forscan trick to increase loudness.
Honestly the BIL's jbl soundbar (with flash done) is better. But really no Wow Factor with that. It's louder and better sounding, but for the amount of money I wasn't that impressed. Neither was he. He even said he wondered if the dealer actually did the flash 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
speaking of music.

so has anyone fixed the whistling mirror? now with the weather getting nice, my windows are open more, and the mirror whistle is annoying AF.

Or we just supposed to be cool with listening to that?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

speaking of music.

so has anyone fixed the whistling mirror? now with the weather getting nice, my windows are open more, and the mirror whistle is annoying AF.

I thought someone did fix it with some sealant in the seam around the mirror housing.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
speaking of music.

Ford dealer will replace the plastic housing to fix...but you need to locate the part (or they do). Mine is going in on Thursday to be fixed. Took them weeks to locate the part and get it sent to them.
SSM 50324 - 2021 Bronco - Whistle Noise Coming From The Drivers Side Mirror Area - Built OnOr Before 23-Jun-2021

Some 2021 Bronco vehicles built on or before 23-Jun-2021 may exhibit a whistle noise from the driver side mirror while driving. This may be due to an excessive gap between the side mirror and mirror cap assemblies. An improved version of the mirror cap has been released for service. To correct this condition, replace the mirror cap with service base part number 17D743. Refer to the parts catalog for the VIN specific application.

My PAX side right rear window also has issues. when you open the door it doesn't drop down 1/2" like it should. So when you close it the glass is outside of the seal

The trade offs of getting the Bronco early I guess

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford dealer will replace the plastic housing to fix...but you need to locate the part (or they do). Mine is going in on Thursday to be fixed. Took them weeks to locate the part and get it sent to them.
SSM 50324 - 2021 Bronco - Whistle Noise Coming From The Drivers Side Mirror Area - Built OnOr Before 23-Jun-2021

Some 2021 Bronco vehicles built on or before 23-Jun-2021 may exhibit a whistle noise from the driver side mirror while driving. This may be due to an excessive gap between the side mirror and mirror cap assemblies. An improved version of the mirror cap has been released for service. To correct this condition, replace the mirror cap with service base part number 17D743. Refer to the parts catalog for the VIN specific application.

My PAX side right rear window also has issues. when you open the door it doesn't drop down 1/2" like it should. So when you close it the glass is outside of the seal

The trade offs of getting the Bronco early I guess
yeah, I saw this. But I was built in Oct 2021...

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought someone did fix it with some sealant in the seam around the mirror housing.
yeah, I think I've seen others using tape? but that's gotta look pretty crappy, no?

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The BIL and I were looking at those too. He even installed some enclosed speakers at one point. These things:
BOSS Audio Systems AVA6200 Enclosed Speaker System - 3-Way, 200 Watts Max Power Per Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VMV2M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_THNA2KYFG9V5WRXAMW9E
Sounded like shit, so he went for the JBL soundbar.

That's why I'm still considering a way to get 6x9's back there.
I was thinking more like these:
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_438550/Wakeboard-Tower-Speakers.html

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BTW, Pleasantville Ford has an HPR WildTrak on the showroom floor if you need to see that color in person. Has a sold tag on it so don't know how much longer it'll be there. IMO it is not nearly as nice as Rapid Red.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stop by my house, you'll hear how bad stock sounds. Well I got kicker or Pioneer in the rear, but it sounds horrible. Even did the Forscan trick to increase loudness.
Honestly the BIL's jbl soundbar (with flash done) is better. But really no Wow Factor with that. It's louder and better sounding, but for the amount of money I wasn't that impressed. Neither was he. He even said he wondered if the dealer actually did the flash 🤷‍♂️
One additional thing to note...when you're backing up now and you get close to a vehicle behind you, the alert is super loud. I believe it comes through the rear speakers and for some reason the amp has increased the volume a lot. I was parallel parking last night with the roof open and I'm sure everyone at the nearby restaurant heard it.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One additional thing to note...when you're backing up now and you get close to a vehicle behind you, the alert is super loud. I believe it comes through the rear speakers and for some reason the amp has increased the volume a lot. I was parallel parking last night with the roof open and I'm sure everyone at the nearby restaurant heard it.
Good thing I have a Base and don't have fancy things like backup alarms! ;)
Sponsored