Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shit that is a really good idea...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was a great day! and we had a lot of fun hanging out.
The Bronco was way more nimble than I was expecting.
Clearance is what I was hoping for.
An awesome upgrade over the g-wagen.

Unfortunately my dreams of a Bronco Raptor are crushed. It's too wide for what I want to do. :(

I'm off to LI to find a car wash. The Clinton one closes at 7PM. On Saturdays.

PXL_20211120_200003894.jpg
PXL_20211120_181611016.jpg
Question for you guys. Did you mostly use 4h Or 4l?

I went to A gravel muddy service road today, tried all the modes, but then proceeded to mimic baha by putting it in sport mode 4a and gunned it. My Bronco essentially floated over the ground and I loved every second of it

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if that person closed it on something, etc. Or if it was the right side (looks like it's the left though), you need to be careful to ensure the tailgate is opened at least 90° or so otherwise the gloss will hit it on the way closed.

If it's the other side (left), who knows...

Not saying that's what happened, but I noticed you've got to watch that tailgate position a little bit! Fair warning.

The adhesive attachment method though seems a bit weird to use for that, but based on the composite construction, that might not be the most structurally durable, but maybe the most straightforward. They must've done testing on that.

If they used fasteners, they'd probably need to have a threaded steel plate on the outside of the top to screw into.

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a great day! and we had a lot of fun hanging out.
The Bronco was way more nimble than I was expecting.
Clearance is what I was hoping for.
An awesome upgrade over the g-wagen.

Unfortunately my dreams of a Bronco Raptor are crushed. It's too wide for what I want to do. :(

I'm off to LI to find a car wash. The Clinton one closes at 7PM. On Saturdays.

PXL_20211120_200003894.jpg
PXL_20211120_181611016.jpg
Do you have the hardie of the softie? I'm wondering if I can go through the touchless wash at all with the MIC, or for that matter, how to wash it in general, etc. I'm nervous about the MIC still.

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have the hardie of the softie? I'm wondering if I can go through the touchless wash at all with the MIC, or for that matter, how to wash it in general, etc. I'm nervous about the MIC still.
I have gone through the car wash with both the two-door and the four-door mic top with no problems

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for you guys. Did you mostly use 4h Or 4l?

I went to A gravel muddy service road today, tried all the modes, but then proceeded to mimic baha by putting it in sport mode 4a and gunned it. My Bronco essentially floated over the ground and I loved every second of it
Started in 2H, but wanted to disconnect the sta-bar after a short bit, so switched to 4H.
I wasn't getting the control I wanted, so switched to 4L.
@Tor148 made it very far in 2H.

I aired down to 20psi.
I tried Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl modes. Don't recall noticing a difference between the 2.
I kept lockers off for most of the time, but did need* them to get over a fairly big rock on a blue trail. Besides that one rock, blue trail was not much different from the greens.
*Need is a strong word here. Maybe I didn't "need" them, but they're there, so I used them.
Some trails were tight; had branches scraping against the sides and roof.
I hit the underside a couple times, but not many.
I don't think I hit the rear shock mounts. Surprised.
There was one area where the trees were so close, I rubbed the passenger mirror against the tree and it folded in.

I got it all washed yesterday. Second time washing the car at a self service bay. I use the brush that everyone says to avoid. After the wash I looked over the paint and only notice a rock chip on the leading edge of the hood that probably got there on the highway. There are some swirls in the paint, but I don't know if they are because of the brush at the car wash, or if they were there when I picked it up.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? PXL_20211121_205535869

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top. It doesn't appear to leak.
My concern for automatic car wash is width of tire and getting in those tracks, but not all car washes have those.
I like the ones that have the under-body spray.
I broke an automatic car wash once with the g-wagen. Not sure what happened.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought everyone said problem with auto wash is the brushes and shit scratching the windows?

It's been far too long since we've had the wife's old Jeep with soft top. When we got it, the windows already scratched, Nad I can't remember if the new top we put on it ever scratched from car washes or not.

So I'm waiting for one of you guys to be the guniea pig first!
I think touchless car washes would be fine... but not regular ones.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought everyone said problem with auto wash is the brushes and shit scratching the windows?

It's been far too long since we've had the wife's old Jeep with soft top. When we got it, the windows already scratched, Nad I can't remember if the new top we put on it ever scratched from car washes or not.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that.
I used the self-service brush on the plastic windows this time and 1/2 way through realized that was probably a bad idea.
I guess I'll need to keep a micro fiber cloth in the truck to clean them.

Plastic mats and floor were really nice. Just power rinsed the mats and put them back wet.

Also, the drain plugs didn't let water in. I'm guessing/hoping that pic of the guy stuck in the water didn't have his drain plugs sealed.

I'm probably not a good bar to judge by. My tolerance for cosmetic damage is high. A dent won't leave me stranded...

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

It does scratch Jeep windows