Sponsored

No contacts in fuse box for additional fuses in spare locations?

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies, perhaps there is some confusion here. I'm not talking about the fuses themselves. All fuses are stamped with their rating directly on them. There's no mistaking what they are rated. I'm talking about the physical locations marked as "spare" in the owners manual. There are 6 of them. Why would those locations have an amp rating if those locations are clearly not wired to anything and have no contacts to hold a fuse? That is my point.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are trying to say that those locations are to hold spare fuses? How can they hold a fuse with no contacts? They would just bounce around in there. Also, if they were for spare fuses like you say, then why didn't it ship with them? Mine are completely unpopulated.
I’ll make a few phone calls Monday with my contacts at Ford and find out what happened with our “spare fuses” not being connected to anything. Something is not right here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rpeary

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuses sit in the spare locations perfectly fine and don’t bounce around at all. This is nothing new at all. Most cars have spots for spare fuses (with no contacts). I don’t understand how this is so confusing.
No they do not sit in there perfectly fine, at least not in my under hood fuse box. They wiggle around when dropped into place as shown in my video (because there are no contacts to hold them in place securely). Not that it matters as that isn't my point. I'm attempting to show the inconsistency here between the under hood box and the body control module fuse box. If the "spare" locations were only to hold spare fuses then why are spots 35 and 18 in the body control module box wired with contacts to ignition and not the ones in the under hood box? If the body control module spare locations were the same as the under hood box then the fuses would fall right out due to the box orientation.

Anyways, doesn't matter. I gave up on wiring these up to ignition a while back anyhow. Don't need them on during the day and if I do I'll turn on the parking lights.

OP
OP
rpeary

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll make a few phone calls Monday with my contacts at Ford and find out what happened with our “spare fuses” not being connected to anything. Something is not right here.
Completely agree... let us know if you happen to discover anything!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep us up to date, because I’d love to see what they say considering it’s completely normal and the same on every other ford vehicle produced.

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the digital owners manual, it appears ONLY the Raptor 3.0L receives the "spare 21 fuse". I called IAG (I bought my tail sight LED from them), they recommended using fuse 25. I will attempt that tonight after work and report back tomorrow.

Ford Bronco No contacts in fuse box for additional fuses in spare locations? U725 PDB Raptor vs Regular

Sponsored

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly fuse 25 did not work with the key fob unlock. I’ll give IAG another call tomorrow.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadly fuse 25 did not work with the key fob unlock. I’ll give IAG another call tomorrow.
That’s because fuse 25 is ACC only. That fuse powers your BLIS, rear view camera, and adaptive cruise control.

If you tap a fuse that’s ACC the thing will only come on if the engine is running or the accessory is on.

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s because fuse 25 is ACC only. That fuse powers your BLIS, rear view camera, and adaptive cruise control.

If you tap a fuse that’s ACC the thing will only come on if the engine is running or the accessory is on.
Agreed, I appreciate your post earlier as well. Idk why the IAG guy thought that fuse would work (I should have thought about it better when I was on the phone with him).

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: If you want them to illuminate with the key fob activation and while Bronco is running, DO NOT use the red (add a fuse) wire. Plug them directly into the headlamp jumper/harness adapter. If you only want it to run with vehicle running (no key fob activation), use the red wire to tap into any fuse you want that matches your desired application. I really wish they would update the instruction manual. IAG is supposedly working on updating it but only time will tell.

Ford Bronco No contacts in fuse box for additional fuses in spare locations? 1DA03CF5-B999-426A-984A-3340D17DF4F0

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how to keep the amber lights on during the day, aka to be on with DRLs? I noticed they don't illuminate when driving with no lights no, they do not flash/blink with turn signal during daylight as well. They only turn on with key fob activation and when low beams are activated.
Sponsored