First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a doctor and this shouldn't be taken as medical advice, but if you can walk on it, you should be able to push today's soft clutch pedals. Plus it could be considered physical therapy.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am so sorry to hear that.

Rest up, recover, and enjoy your new Bronco no matter what.
It's an old injury to an ankle that has had extensive previous repairs. Hell, I don't even know when I did it; and I think I have the same injury to my other ankle.

I think I already knew what his answer would be, but I had to ask. I am concerned about having a blowout and not being able to drive, afterward; so, I will follow his orders. Also, it would suck to get that beautiful new Bronco and not be able to enjoy it.

OP
OP

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a doctor and this shouldn't be taken as medical advice, but if you can walk on it, you should be able to push today's soft clutch pedals. Plus it could be considered physical therapy.
Except for my Harley, I haven't used a clutch in close to twenty years. Are they that much better?

Also, the issue is the repetitive motion. Right now, it's a matter of causing more damage (I have a bone spur right behind it that is irritating the issue). Later, it will be a matter of recovery and using a tendon that is probably a bit weaker than it used to be.

Reactions: N3T

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're not alone. My clutch days have been gone for twenty years. It's not that bad letting the auto do all the work.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty funny, not a week ago I was worried about having both my vehicles with manual transmissions, and suffering an injury to my clutch leg. My brothers assured me they would gladly swap vehicles with me. :LOL:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except for my Harley, I haven't used a clutch in close to twenty years. Are they that much better?
I think there was a mod to the Focus ST 6 speed to install a stronger spring to make it firmer and give more feel. They are seriously soft nowadays.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco No manual per doctor's orders 1602546417883

Man Up Everybody....Betcha Evel would still use a clutch. Work like hell on your PT...beyond schedule appointments. Don't believe everything the doctors tell us. For those of you with knee problems, get them replaced. Had both knees done with partial medial replacements almost eight years ago. Just rode over 40 miles mountain biking and another 45 miles coming up at Grand Canyon. No pain or discomfort. Doc told me initially that I could do anything except run; seven year checkup I told him I was treadmill running. He told me no problem; do what makes you happy, you only live once.

PS-I'm older than most here

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is actually something to what you say. Years ago I damage my left shoulder in a rafting mishap. Couldn't sleep on my left side for 5 years or carry heavy things with left arm. Then I took a side job that required left hand steering a non-power assisted postal style Jeep. Was hell the first few weeks, thought about quitting. But by end of summer - my left shoulder was nearly good as new. Steering wheel rehab. :)

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw my orthpedist, today, for a torn achilles tendon (surgery in the Spring). I told him I am buying the new Bronco and asked him if he would okay with me getting a standard transmission. He replied, "please, don't." I asked if he meant for now or forever. He said, "forever." With the damage I have done, and my history of ankle issues, I am prone to having a blowout, and manual transmission will only speed things up. I guess, my days of shifting are done. ?
Too bad, but it reminds me of this ad:

Clutchitis? Centerforce is the cure!
Ford Bronco No manual per doctor's orders clutchitis

Reactions: N3T

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands