Sponsored

No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color?

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color? 1629590426356

I owned a 1987 Ranger in this silver over black color. It had a red stripe at the top of the black to match the all red interior. I mean everything red interior. I was thinking about Iconic Silver with black vinyl along the bottom and do a Cyber Orange stripe to tie in my BL interior.

Throw back to my old truck. I don't know????

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Subaru and Toyota has a a similar color as Area 51. But to be fair, Toyota, Subaru, BMW, and Chevy all have, or had dark blues similar to AMB. Very few colors are unique, because imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. If a color is truly unique, it’s because it’s not attractive and not worth emulating.
I would also say, listen to the B&O as compared to the Base system in the High Pkg. I think some people run something down as a way of justifying their choices. I’ve heard the B&O in a 2dr MIC top and the base system in my BB and a BL and the B&O blows the bases system away…..I thought it sounded great. But hear it for yourself and don’t rely on other opinions, including mine, to make that decision.
Well since I have to reorder everything I will take a look again at all options. The heated steering wheel in the lux was also a big draw. I was trying to not be so over the top with my build and save where I thought something wasn't necessary. Good chance I will be back to lux.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have liked the green if they didn't go metallic.
I have owned a couple of older Jags in my day. My favorite color combination is Jaguar British Racing Green with Biscuit interior. I would love to have something close in the Bronco. The only issue would be MIC top. White wouldn't really work either so maybe painted mod? I'm going to just pick something and go MIC though.
Ford Bronco No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color? 1629591338961

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NOW yer giving me ideas!
Use that green and brown look to try and achieve this effect.....
Ford Bronco No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color? 1629591338961
With the wheels the color of the beadlock ring. A nice satin stainless. So much better than black.

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NOW yer giving me ideas!
Use that green and brown look to try and achieve this effect.....
THAT is the green I wanted. I would lose less sleep, if that was an option after the early exit of my AMB. I do not like the new green at all......I would take the new hot pepper red, before the green.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
AMB the first time I saw it just fell in love with it. Holding out hope there's chance my soft top gets scheduled still but unlikely. My problem is my second color choice, rapid red is also getting the axe.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Long night last night after the news of AMB gone for 2022. Had a few beers and constantly refreshed the forum to drown my misery with those in a similar situation.

I have spent this morning going over all the color threads. I am at a loss for which color to choose. Once you have your mind made up on AMB it is a hard choice. There isn't another color available that it close to it. Reds still get two. Plenty of gray scale colors. CO is it's own thing. Basic black and basic white? VB isn't an alternative to AMB it is just a blue.

I am thinking going basic in Iconic Silver to give me a starting point to customize. I have also thought of just saying F it and going Carbonized gray, boring yet safe.

Reaching out to the AMB exiles to hear what your'e thinking. What's your second choice?
You could always go VB and then do a neutral clear-coat/wrap to darken it down. I was (and am) all AMB, but I blinked one day thinking it was too dark and switched to VB and that's what the dealer ordered. I'm getting to like it now, but wish I had stuck with AMB.
Sponsored