Sponsored

No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long night last night after the news of AMB gone for 2022. Had a few beers and constantly refreshed the forum to drown my misery with those in a similar situation.

I have spent this morning going over all the color threads. I am at a loss for which color to choose. Once you have your mind made up on AMB it is a hard choice. There isn't another color available that it close to it. Reds still get two. Plenty of gray scale colors. CO is it's own thing. Basic black and basic white? VB isn't an alternative to AMB it is just a blue.

I am thinking going basic in Iconic Silver to give me a starting point to customize. I have also thought of just saying F it and going Carbonized gray, boring yet safe.

Reaching out to the AMB exiles to hear what your'e thinking. What's your second choice?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched from AMB to Cactus Gray right before getting my VIN many moons ago.

You're right. There is no alternative if you are set on that deep, beautiful blue sparkle.

After seeing most of the colors in person, I went with the color that would hide trail scratches the best.

AMB is the best looking color for a mall cruiser, but is going to be garbage on an Bronco at risk of pinstriping. Cactus gray is the exact color of a decent pinstripe scratch, so I'm hoping it blends well.

Really shit that Ford is removing this color mid run for early reservations. The good news for the few that get AMB is that is should be really collectable, assuming you never take it off-road.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from AMB to Cactus Gray right before getting my VIN many moons ago.

You're right. There is no alternative if you are set on that deep, beautiful blue sparkle.

After seeing most of the colors in person, I went with the color that would hide trail scratches the best.

AMB is the best looking color for a mall cruiser, but is going to be garbage on an Bronco at risk of pinstriping. Cactus gray is the exact color of a decent pinstripe scratch, so I'm hoping it blends well.

Really shit that Ford is removing this color mid run for early reservations. The good news for the few that get AMB is that is should be really collectable, assuming you never take it off-road.
I am getting a two door BL with the intent of off roading it after I retire. My AMB Bronco would have been a mall queen for a few years. I wasn't worried about scratches in the beginning just door dings. I picked what I wanted and thought I would worry about the scratches problem later.

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat as you @WCP-82 . Lots of sadness and old fashions last night.

I know it's "just a car", but that had been my color since order day. AMB was perfect for me and when I chose to drive an AMB Badlands at the Off-Rodeo, I knew I made the right choice. I love the fact that it looks black at times and a deep metallic blue at others.

Honestly, to answer your question, I had considered carb grey but I've seen it at the dealership and it looks dull to me (it was on a Sport). I will probably just go with black at this point if nothing else changes.

Crossing fingers for a surprise "carry over orders keep their color email" or a late addition of Oil Slick Blue.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long night last night after the news of AMB gone for 2022. Had a few beers and constantly refreshed the forum to drown my misery with those in a similar situation.

I have spent this morning going over all the color threads. I am at a loss for which color to choose. Once you have your mind made up on AMB it is a hard choice. There isn't another color available that it close to it. Reds still get two. Plenty of gray scale colors. CO is it's own thing. Basic black and basic white? VB isn't an alternative to AMB it is just a blue.

I am thinking going basic in Iconic Silver to give me a starting point to customize. I have also thought of just saying F it and going Carbonized gray, boring yet safe.

Reaching out to the AMB exiles to hear what your'e thinking. What's your second choice?
I understand the anticipation, but...
Seriously jumping the gun until the full color palette is officially released.
Haven't we been down this road before???

What if they carry over Alto Blue from the Sport and Maverick?
... or Atlas Blue from the Explorer/ F series?
... or the fact that Super Dutys and the Lightning have BOTH AMB and Atlas blues.

Until the full list is released, anything is possible.
Even Velocity Blue was a late add.

The few colors we have seen so far are not the complete list.

Also, due to their reply when asked about carry over colors and carry over orders... I think they had ANOTHER... BIG ... "OHH SHIT" moment.
Some how, I believe it didn't occur to them that they might be screwing over folks that had their hearts and orders set on a certain 2021 color.
Right now, that covers about ?? 85% of their orders? Not all of whom will be effected, but still...

HRnFW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ /
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking that I am lucky that my FJ only has 85k miles on it and I don’t have to do much gut wrenching decision making to solve this very first world problem. I hear Toyota is having to cut world wide production because of supply chain issues and from my side of the chair in the office looks like COVID is gonna be a continued drag on people and the economy for the foreseeable future ☹. I really liked AMB but I also like the green and I am grateful that Ford has extended some form of price protection to us guys that got our orders in before 3/19/21. Katzkin has some nice leather covers in Mahogany and Bamboo color that would look great with the green and be less than black Ford leather. I really want a modular top, probably body colored, so I will resubmit my order in October and see how quickly they can spool up a whole new plant. I could be pretty happy with a couple of existing colors and while I am circling on the 99 bus because of the top I will see what falls out of the trees….. maybe they will give me a 6 with my manual ! . When I bought my FJ in 14 the last year colors were grim and the only thing that really caught my attention was the orangesickle orange which after I got it in took me a couple of weeks to get used to but now I really love it . You never really know how stuff is gonna wear on you so I try not to sweat the color snafus too much.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Katzkin has some nice leather covers in Mahogany and Bamboo color that would look great with the green and be less than black Ford leather.
NOW yer giving me ideas!
Use that green and brown look to try and achieve this effect.....
Ford Bronco No VIN Gang with the AMB delete kicker. Now what color? 1629567437210

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was very disappointed as well. :( Tired of the BS I just want them to build my Bronco I reserved over a year ago. 🤬🤬

I too have been trying to get a grip on an alternative color choice.......

First it was Carb Grey ( wife's choice) ............

...then Cactus Grey .........

.....Oxford White ...........

.... even Icon Silver looks ok ........

Have even given some thought to getting Shadow Black then just have my local body shop squirt it AMB. Then I can watch all the strange looks when I say I have a '22 AMB Bronco.;)

I am still have a hard time with being in this predicament through no fault of my own. Imagine the nerve of me to order a 2DR in AMB, can you believe it !!!

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Black, to match my mood.

Actually, I'm trying to figure out which colors won't clash with the gray and navy interior of the OBX, especially with the exterior paint color showing through the door.

So far I've narrowed it down to Blah Black, Blah White, Blah Silver, Blah Gray I, and Blah Gray II.

Could I be any more pumped?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black, to match my mood.

Actually, I'm trying to figure out which colors won't clash with the gray and navy interior of the OBX, especially with the exterior paint color showing through the door.

So far I've narrowed it down to Blah Black, Blah White, Blah Silver, Blah Gray I, and Blah Gray II.

Could I be any more pumped?
Blah describes the colors and my mood perfectly.

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the same boat, day two resv. No VIN, AMB 4 door with a soft top.....

White will probably be my second choice if I do not get selected before MY22

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the same boat, day two resv. No VIN, AMB 4 door with a soft top.....

White will probably be my second choice if I do not get selected before MY22
You still have hope with the four door, soft top build. I think you will get scheduled. I have a 7/14 two door, BL reservation and I already received the email last week saying it won't be built in 2021. Hang in there!!!!

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My second choice was rapid red. Seriously.
No idea what the plan is right now. Most likely the new green, although it kind of bothers me to pick the color they screwed me over with. White is a possibility too, but I don't want to deal with all the OJ cracks from my idiot friends.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Blah describes the colors and my mood perfectly.
My mood is..... deflated.
It's already been a year since I fell for the AMB 2 door, and was looking at another year til delivery for my Aug res.
This news just took the wind out of me.
I can't believe Ford is screwing current order holders to appease those that want a green. That's a hell of a way to treat your clients that have already been put thru the grinder. Hoping Ford comes thru and fills the current AMB/RR orders..... that would be the right thing to do.

AMB was my top choice, also liked the Rapid Red (figures) and the Carbonized Gray. But the Gray is, well, gray. I want some pop.
Will likely go with Velocity Blue.
Hell, i may be eligible for the 2023 colors if this timeline continues.
Sponsored