Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi All,

Probable stupid question......On the Big Bend it lists two different axle ratios, 3.73 and 4.27. I thought I read somewhere that the 4.27 is the ratio for the optional E-Locker. The stupid question is, will the front axle have a matching ratio to the rear?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The front axle ratio needs to match the rear.

1598357420794.png

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The front axle ratio needs to match the rear. If it doesn't you'll blow out your axle.
That's what I figured, but also figured I better ask! Thanks!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what I figured, but also figured I better ask! Thanks!
Always good to ask. It's one of those things that could end costing you in the future.
I recently inquired about new gears for the wife's Jeep and was given a price of over $2500. Needless the say, her gutless Jeep will remain gutless for now.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Always good to ask. It's one of those things that could end costing you in the future.
I recently inquired about new gears for the wife's Jeep and was given a price of over $2500. Needless the say, her gutless Jeep will remain gutless for now.
I'm beginning to think I might switch from a Base 4 door to 4 door Big Bend. Option with automatic and the 4.27 rear E-Locker and keep the 2.3. Should get me enough creature comfort inside and enough gearing to spin the 32's easily with the 2.3 Plus I like the grill and the wheels better on the BB than the Base. I want a rear locker bigger than 30" tires and automatic and really want to stay under $40K. I think this does it!

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm beginning to think I might switch from a Base 4 door to 4 door Big Bend. Option with automatic and the 4.27 rear E-Locker and keep the 2.3. Should get me enough creature comfort inside and enough gearing to spin the 32's easily with the 2.3 Plus I like the grill and the wheels better on the BB than the Base. I want a rear locker bigger than 30" tires and automatic and really want to stay under $40K. I think this does it!
Good luck with that. It'll be close but since your only upgrade really is the 4.27's, you should be ok.

I'm from the belief that NO Bronco should ever run 30's, I hated how the FSB's back in the 80's came with 28's. Definitely 32's or bigger, and 4.27's will spin those no problem.

The issue I have with the wife's Jeep was: 1. That V6 isn't really all that great. 2. 3.23 gears. 3. Running 33" Nitto Ridge Graplers. 4. Based on previous (3), it's a dog when trying to tow my 12' trailer with 2 quads on it.

I don't see ANY of those being an issue with the new Bronco.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck with that. It'll be close but since your only upgrade really is the 4.27's, you should be ok.

I'm from the belief that NO Bronco should ever run 30's, I hated how the FSB's back in the 80's came with 28's. Definitely 32's or bigger, and 4.27's will spin those no problem.

The issue I have with the wife's Jeep was: 1. That V6 isn't really all that great. 2. 3.23 gears. 3. Running 33" Nitto Ridge Graplers. 4. Based on previous (3), it's a dog when trying to tow my 12' trailer with 2 quads on it.

I don't see ANY of those being an issue with the new Bronco.
Do you think the M190 in the front will be an issue? My off-roading will probably be limited to unimproved roads and farm fields. As long as it stays as an open diff I think it should be okay. Now if I can upgrade to the M210 for not a lot, then that might be the way to go for future upgrades. And under $40k before tax and dealer fees. After all that I figure about $46k OTD. Plus whatever abysmal amount I get for the F150!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you think the M190 in the front will be an issue? My off-roading will probably be limited to unimproved roads and farm fields. As long as it stays as an open diff I think it should be okay. Now if I can upgrade to the M210 for not a lot, then that might be the way to go for future upgrades. And under $40k before tax and dealer fees. After all that I figure about $46k OTD. Plus whatever abysmal amount I get for the F150!
Sell your F 150 now if you can to Carmax. You'll get top dollar compared to if you wait to trade it in. Used trucks are selling at a high premium right now.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unlocked, 33's and no rock crawling you'll be fine. Don't give it a second thought.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sell your F 150 now if you can to Carmax. You'll get top dollar compared to if you wait to trade it in. Used trucks are selling at a high premium right now.
I unfortunately will need to wait until the Bronco comes in. Unless I find my kids first car, sell the truck, buy her car and hopefully have some left over?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I unfortunately will need to wait until the Bronco comes in. Unless I find my kids first car, sell the truck, buy her car and hopefully have some left over?
Yeah I'm sure it wouldn't be easy but thats what I just did. Driving my beater car now until the Bronco comes in.
Sponsored