Sponsored

Noob Survey: Leveling Kit (yes or no)? Why or Why not?

Leveling Kit?

• Total voters

Cryztus

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this piece while browsing the gram for a bit and it came to me, "I don't like that stance". Being the noob I humbly accept to be, I want to ask you experts out there are you going to level your beast or pass? I am obviously asking for objective reasons like increased or decreased performance. Although I am marrying this beauty for the look I also would like for her to be functional and dependable.

In case you are wondering about the type of use I will give my Bronco: I hope to be on and off the pavement 70/30.

Ford Bronco Noob Survey: Leveling Kit (yes or no)? Why or Why not? 7292F029-CF24-4B68-B2AD-7648D5CDF4A0_1_105_c
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NO

Reactions: MVP

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I found this piece while browsing the gram for a bit and it came to me, "I don't like that stance". Being the noob I humbly accept to be, I want to ask you experts out there are you going to level your beast or pass? I am obviously asking for objective reasons like increased or decreased performance. Although I am marrying this beauty for the look I also would like for her to be functional and dependable.

In case you are wondering about the type of use I will give my Bronco: I hope to be on and off the pavement 70/30.

Ford Bronco Noob Survey: Leveling Kit (yes or no)? Why or Why not? 7292F029-CF24-4B68-B2AD-7648D5CDF4A0_1_105_c
I would also really like to hear some info and pros and cons to this question. I had the same reaction to this rake. The pre-productions seemed to have less.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will level mine most likely (assuming they actually show up with a forward rake). I intend to put in stiffer springs on the same shocks...so they push the front up 1.5" or so and take care of the forward rake. Having gone this approach before, there is no disadvantage other than if you overload it, it may run a little proud. Usually not a concern if you don't go overboard.

Don't level with spacers.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMHO spacers are fine for less than 2" of lift. This amount will keep CV angles and alignment within reasonable limits, again IMO. A weak point for IFS systems is the front fixed member, it doesn't move away from an obstacle under compression like a SFA. So, adding an inch to tire diameter (1/2" radius) and 1.5" front lift gains 2" at this limiting point.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you lift the front you lose downtravel...good thing to keep in mind. I personally won’t consider over a 1-2” lift so I can retain most of my factory down travel. If I want more lift than that I’ll probably have to wait for a mid travel or long travel system...which will increase track width.

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I won't be leveling mine, reason being because during the summer months my Bronco will be loaded down with a (heavy) bike rack, RTT, and lots of gear almost all of the time. If I were to level I'd most definitely have some reverse rake going on, and that's no bueno 🤮

Grays.guns

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 F250 King Ranch, 09 Cayman, 28 MDL A, 90 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That‘s as bad as my current off reader.
Ford Bronco Noob Survey: Leveling Kit (yes or no)? Why or Why not? F31D91BA-C86E-4DB4-B246-62496337CDC1

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will level mine most likely (assuming they actually show up with a forward rake). I intend to put in stiffer springs on the same shocks...so they push the front up 1.5" or so and take care of the forward rake. Having gone this approach before, there is no disadvantage other than if you overload it, it may run a little proud. Usually not a concern if you don't go overboard.

Don't level with spacers.
What most people don’t realize with a leveling kit, is...you need to re-adjust the headlights! Specially those giant F250 trucks! blind the crap out of everybody!
I’m sure there’s a group of people that are just being a-holes, (like coal rollers) but I imagine most people aren’t with lift/leveling kits.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't plan on doing anything with mine at least not now. All of the ones i've seen and driven haven't looked that visibly raked... at least not that I noticed. I'm getting a Sas so it comes set up right from the factory and I don't have to mess with it. Everything will be spot on as engineered... I never like messing with suspension geometry unless I have to.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Both my 2-doors never looked like that. No visible rake at all.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did just to compensate for the added weight of my winch. Most likely if you install a winch you will want to...otherwise not really needed
Sponsored