Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All!

So I'm new to the Bronco. I went online and made a reservation on 7/29/21.
To my surprise the dealer I chose called me within the hour wanting me to come in a build and put a $500 deposit down.

So from what I've been reading is that normally takes a while for the dealer to call you down to do a build or are they just trying to lock me in?

Also they said best price they would do is MSRP . Should I try to negotiate or is this it ?

Pretty basic build
Base 4 door
Sasquatch
Switches

Any Input/buying tips would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Hutch98

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
500 total is correct. 100 for the reservation 400 to convert to an order. Granger might be 1000 below MSRP. Earlier they were doing 2000 below.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

500 total is correct. 100 for the reservation 400 to convert to an order. Granger might be 1000 below MSRP. Earlier they were doing 2000 below.
@DealerInsider @StephensAutoCenter and @Granger Ford would be 3 dealers I’d buy from over any others at this point. Contact them on here to see what their current deal is and pick the one closest to you. All 3 up front, easy transaction and worry free. Good luck.

OP
OP

Voxx82

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in CT and the dealer I chose was Brewster Ford

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in CT and the dealer I chose was Brewster Ford
@DealerInsider is in Philly. Last I saw he had 4% under invoice. At the very least I think he’ll do 3% under. Is that road trip worth it to you? Or will your current dealer be competitive with that?

Sponsored

Hutch98

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you have already converted to an order you would have to cancel if you went with another dealership. If you are still in reservation mode you can choose a different one.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your 7/29/21 reservation is going to have a decent wait ahead of you. I have the same build and am prepared to wait well into MY22. I don’t think you’d have to put down more than the reservation fee with these dealers either. Better than tying up $500 total for a year.

edit: if you’re willing to drive, get squared away with @DealerInsider and then approach your current dealer. If they don’t play ball, transfer it over and don’t look back. Just my take on it.

Good luck to you! Enjoy the process and stay patient.

OP
OP

Voxx82

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have not converted over yet.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All!

So I'm new to the Bronco. I went online and made a reservation on 7/29/21.
To my surprise the dealer I chose called me within the hour wanting me to come in a build and put a $500 deposit down.

So from what I've been reading is that normally takes a while for the dealer to call you down to do a build or are they just trying to lock me in?

Also they said best price they would do is MSRP . Should I try to negotiate or is this it ?

Pretty basic build
Base 4 door
Sasquatch
Switches

Any Input/buying tips would be greatly appreciated.
MSRP, and a deposit seems to be the typical dealer quotes. Some are adding a mark-up, and as you've seen then you have dealers that understand the Bronco is going to be big. They are the ones selling under invoice. If you're happy with the price you have been quoted, and trust the dealer that is what counts. With that said I really see no reason for you to put in your order now as you will not get a '21 model no matter the build specs. The '22 order banks open on Sept. 13, and you'll have to order again as the '21 order will not carry over to '22. Myself, I wouldn't trust a dealer to reorder on their own without my being there to confirm the order is correct. We've seen many orders here placed with the incorrect options, and even trim levels. Maybe talk with your salesperson about ordering when the '22 order banks open, and get it right the first time. No matter what you do at this point your Bronco will be a '22, and could be a '23 depending on how the options constraints shake out.

Just a tip for your consideration. Your order may be for a base, but it really isn't a basic build. The 2.7L, and the Sasquatch package are both on constraint now. Meaning there are only so many of both, and when they run out everyone else in line that wants those options has to wait until Ford receives more from the suppliers. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it is the nature of the beast. Every active member here is hoping the suppliers can catch up, and keep up when production picks up this month.

Just as a comparison. I reserved an Outer Banks in Oct. '21, and ordered in March '21 knowing it would be a '22 model. My dealer (Granger) will contact their customers like me again after the '22 order banks open to reorder our Broncos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MSRP, and a deposit seems to be the typical dealer quotes. Some are adding a mark-up, and as you've seen then you have dealers that understand the Bronco is going to be big. They are the ones selling under invoice. If you're happy with the price you have been quoted, and trust the dealer that is what counts. With that said I really see no reason for you to put in your order now as you will not get a '21 model no matter the build specs. The '22 order banks open on Sept. 13, and you'll have to order again as the '21 order will not carry over to '22. Myself, I wouldn't trust a dealer to reorder on their own without my being there to confirm the order is correct. We've seen many orders here placed with the incorrect options, and even trim levels. Maybe talk with your salesperson about ordering when the '22 order banks open, and get it right the first time. No matter what you do at this point your Bronco will be a '22, and could be a '23 depending on how the options constraints shake out.
^+1
That is exactly what my dealer told me. I wanted to place an order now to get in line and he said my reservation is ready confirmed and placing an order now would be pointless. Not to mention that there may be some changes for MY22 that would offer additional choices on your part.

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only placed $100 for the reservation with Ford directly. It was converted to an order by my delaer FREE--I did NOT have to pay $400. Maybe the OP's dealer is taking the lad for a ride by making him pay an upfront delaer fee of $500?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only placed $100 for the reservation with Ford directly. It was converted to an orderby my delaer, but I did NOT have to pay $400. Maybe the dealer is taking the lad for a ride by making him pay delaer $500?
500 on order is usual.

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you know it is usual? There was nothing in any correspondence form Ford or the delaer that this was required to convert a reservation to an order that I am aware of. Can you point me to how I can validate that? Thanks!

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only placed $100 for the reservation with Ford directly. It was converted to an order by my delaer FREE--I did NOT have to pay $400. Maybe the OP's dealer is taking the lad for a ride by making him pay an upfront delaer fee of $500?
Exactly. Dealers want you to commit, and this guy seems to be rushing you. As someone else noted, now that you have your reservation, there is no rush to place an order until the orders open up for MY22. That gives you time to research dealers before you commit to one. I myself went with @StephensAutoCenter (SAC), but as noted by someone else in this thread, SAC, @Granger Ford and @DealerInsider are worth considering. Aside from the below invoice pricing with the first two dealers, they have shown themselves to be transparent in their dealings (based on reporting here in the forums), and neither requires more than the $100 res fee.
Sponsored