Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only 50 or so, so yeah, the Element is the most recent car I can think of that had the advertised hose-out option that was as heavily marketed. The Bronco isn't a truck these days. Vinyl seats in my experience were marketed as "almost as good as leather" and a premium upgrade on the Oldsmobiles et al I grew up with. Hosing out those interiors wasn't an option.

The fact that the Gladiator had parts because of the aftermarket that was already there - that's exactly the point I'm making. As a result, there are more options across multiple price ranges. Gladiator-specific items emerged 6 months after launch. Further, the aftermarket keeps the mopar accessories honest, and vice versa. Not to say there aren't problems. For example the Mojave can't support the steel bumper because of the design changes to the suspension. So no Mojave for me.

However, the aftermarket will need a market large enough to make entry cost effective, which means those 190k of sales need to increase year over year. Plus enough people that buy the Bronco need to be willing to spend to modify it. Modifying a Jeep is an expectation - a stock Jeep is a bankruptcy starter kit - so that same expectation needs to be set with the Bronco owners to get a similar market response.

After going offroading, I know the value of a front camera plus a winch - either/or eliminates the vehicle as an option. The roads where I plan to use it are highly likely to need both on a regular basis. So yeah, it does need to be sorted in order for me to buy one. And Jeep thought of the mud - there's a cleaner on the front camera with an activator button in the cab. I've assumed there's one on the Bronco. Am I wrong in that?

I'm seeing Broncos on the road these days (just saw an Outer Banks today), so I know the deliveries are underway. I'm also waiting for the inevitable set of issues that will be encountered in a first release vehicle. I waited a year for the Gladiator, learned the expected issues, watched as the Launch Edition problems rolled in, and watched as they were fixed. I hope Bronco's issues are found and fixed quickly enough so it establishes itself in the market.

I'm not trying to start a holy war here, I'm just trying to get a dialog going. I know these are the things I need to get a Bronco. Your list differs, that's fine. Any thoughts you have on how these issues are being sorted/when they are being sorted - love to hear 'em.

Ford Bronco Not a bad start, Bronco survey-captcha-example
Sponsored