Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got one. Looks good. But the plastic tabs you screw into on the back break really easy. So be careful when screwing on the part you have to swap from your original grille. Also swapping the clips is a bit annoying. You’d think it would just come with the metal clips. Overall I like the look.
Easily wired the lights into an aux switch but hope to figure out how to wire them into the running lights. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
Sorry the picture isn’t great. It’s the best I took before putting on the JCR prerunner bar.

04A704BD-663F-4794-8E06-374F5D529DB2.jpeg

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got one. Looks good. But the plastic tabs you screw into on the back break really easy. So be careful when screwing on the part you have to swap from your original grille. Also swapping the clips is a bit annoying. You’d think it would just come with the metal clips. Overall I like the look.
Easily wired the lights into an aux switch but hope to figure out how to wire them into the running lights. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
Sorry the picture isn’t great. It’s the best I took before putting on the JCR prerunner bar.

Ford Bronco Not So Raptor Grill! 04A704BD-663F-4794-8E06-374F5D529DB2
Great info and thanks for the heads up on screws and clips. I have one on the way.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Not So Raptor Grill! 04A704BD-663F-4794-8E06-374F5D529DB2
By the way, does that light bar make any difference in wind noise. I have a 50" Baja Design in my garage to mount on my Bronco.

Sponsored

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By the way, does that light bar make any difference in wind noise. I have a 50" Baja Design in my garage to mount on my Bronco.
No. Didn’t notice a difference with the hardtop. Soft-top had a decent amount of noise. But that’s also the nature of soft tops. Also, the shorter brackets caused the soft top to flap all over the place. Had to use taller brackets to prevent the flapping. Hope that helps for your setup.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Didn’t notice a difference with the hardtop. Soft-top had a decent amount of noise. But that’s also the nature of soft tops. Also, the shorter brackets caused the soft top to flap all over the place. Had to use taller brackets to prevent the flapping. Hope that helps for your setup.
Thanks again! Mine is a hard top and I am using the Baja Designs Bracket for Bronco so I should be good. Now If I could get a build date.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm torn. I do like the Braptor grill, but I also don't like being that guy. The price is right though.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm torn. I do like the Braptor grill, but I also don't like being that guy. The price is right though.
I'm with you and get it. The thing for me is If I had a choice between the build I have ordered or a brand new Raptor for same money, I had rather have my order. Just my 2 cents but in my opinion the Raptors width and finders just don't do it for me. I have a garage full of stuff to add to mine when I get it. 37" tires, lift, wheels, lights, bumpers, wench, onboard air, on and on. For me I had rather build mine the way I want. Again, the Raptor is cool but the Badsas with options is for me. With that being said, I do love the black grill with the lights and bold font on the Raptor. So I will still a little bit of that Raptor look and make it my own. Although this is not an original raptor grill. I wouldn't pay the fee for one of those. If this cheaper version lacks quality and doesn't hold up. I will throw it in the trash, paint my Badlands grill black, re-install and call it a day with $200 less in my checking account. If someone says" I'm that guy", well yes I guess I am. I am that guy that goes my own way.

Last edited:

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided to do it because I liked the look. If it said Raptor. I wouldn’t have done it. I don’t think those who know what a BRaptor is would ever mistake my BD for being something it’s not. And those that don’t know would still never think it’s as capable as the badass beast that is the BRaptor. I personally like the look and like trying to make mine different in little ways from other more common Broncos. I suppose everyone has their reasons why they do and don’t do things. So that’s mine. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to do it because I liked the look. If it said Raptor. I wouldn’t have done it. I don’t think those who know what a BRaptor is would ever mistake my BD for being something it’s not. And those that don’t know would still never think it’s as capable as the badass beast that is the BRaptor. I personally like the look and like trying to make mine different in little ways from other more common Broncos. I suppose everyone has their reasons why they do and don’t do things. So that’s mine. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The rig I have ordered is cactus gray also. I think it really looks great on your Bronco and yes it does make it a little different. Like you, I would not have changed it if it had Raptor on it instead of Ford. I saw another post with this grill on a cactus gray and that is what made me start checking it out. My grill should be delivered tomorrow and I may go buy some clips so I won't have to fight with the ones that come on my OEM one.

OP
OP

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got grill today delivered by UPS. Quality is great. I don't think you can go wrong for $220.
Ford Bronco Not So Raptor Grill! Grill
Sponsored